Strickland vs Whittaker

It's likely, Sean has done a lot of short notice fights before(might need to be a catchweight tho)
Rob has also said that he's willing to accept a replacement if Costa isn't able to make the date.

The winner getting a rematch against DDP is a bit tricky.
Sean had a close fight with DDP that could of gone either way so if he beat Rob I think him getting a rematch isn't so bad.
Rob on the other hand was doing alright against DDP, but once DDP began picking at him with his own jab/gaining confidence it became a pretty one-sided fight until the finish. Rob would maybe have to at least get two wins or have a masterclass against someone like Sean to be put back in the rematch talks IMO
I understand your point.
But Rob was winning against everyone, except against adesanya, and now dricus.
Sean was the latest champ (by beating adesanya) and lost to the same guy (Dricus) , I can see a case for Whittaker shot if he beats Sean.
Don't know if he can beat DDP Tbh

I think Strickland is the best replacement UFC can put when PullOut Costa PullsOut against Rob.
Both are very technical and defensive responsables. Maybe not a banger or justbleed figth, but very technical.
Also I dont think Sean will have too much room for trash talk against a gentlemen like whittaker.
The winner will have the chance to Rematch Dricus for the belt.

What you think about ?
I like it better than Usman. Why is Usman still trying to fight at MW?

I love Rob. But he doesn't talk about the belt like he used too. Not sure if he has the same drive, gunning for fights with Usman and Costa, not fights that will push him towards the belt.

Whittaker takes his soul, Sean has never been a world champion calibre fighter and Whittaker is an elite level champion. Easy money

Great plan! Would be an huge easy win for Bobby

Back