Stipe is clearly the hw mma goat “if” he beat Cormier.

Maybe tommorow will be the day 3sumrock composes a thread that isn’t a clear cry for attention and idiotic.

Hell, even PrideJitZoo makes an interesting thread sometimes.

his Last fight made me doubt if he can finish anyone anymore

Crushing cans and freak show fights in an org that doesn't even test for PED's makes Fedor a non-contender for HW GOAT. Sorry everyone swinging from PRIDE's nuts, but that org was a complete joke in retrospect. Fun to watch, but ultimately sits somewhere between the UFC and WWE in legitimacy.

Out of 15 fights he had in Pride, the only can Fedor fought was Zulu..who was 7-0 at the time. So you're argument makes no sense.

And why does it's lack of drug testing make any difference ? That only proves it was an even playing field, if Fedor was clean the entire time it only makes him greater.

I thought he was already goat after beating Ngannou.

Cain does not have 3 title defenses, he defended against JDS and Bigfoot and that's it

Stipe has a chinny Overeem, a green as fk ngannou, a shot JDS and a werdum that didn't even think he was a threat.

And all of them would beat a green cro cop, Heath herring, and nog (probably by decision)

And all of them would beat a green cro cop, Heath herring, and nog (probably by decision)

Those fights never happened so neither of us can win that argument. I don't know exactly what you're debating here either. You can't seriously be saying Stipe is the mma hw goat?

Fedor's record is padded for sure, but his wins stretch over 10 years and with legit victories spaced throughout

Not Stipes fault but he’s fought a bunch of old HWs. Ngannou looked scary but can’t stop a takedown. Fedor beat the prime version of #1 and #2 HWs during his reign.

Those fights never happened so neither of us can win that argument. I don't know exactly what you're debating here either. You can't seriously be saying Stipe is the mma hw goat?

I am saying his resume is more impressive than anyone else. Nog doesn't have the power or takedowns to win against Cain, jds, Werdum. Heath herring would get demolished by all three. Cro cop was too green at that time.

He can have a case for GOAT UFC HW it's him or Cain imo.. but overall he needs to do a lot more.

Also what is this "if" stuff ? old, short, fat.. DC ain't pulling out a W vs the HW Champ its a matter of how many rounds will he see ? 1 or 2 can he make it 3.. naw.

I am saying his resume is more impressive than anyone else. Nog doesn't have the power or takedowns to win against Cain, jds, Werdum. Heath herring would get demolished by all three. Cro cop was too green at that time.

I just can't agree with that but you probably think the same of my points. No reason for us to continue this back and forth. Glad we kept it respectful, you have a good night bro.

Wow, so if he beats a fat MW he will have a total of 4 defenses, wow!!!

The HW division is weak and having the UFC record in title defenses is not something you should brag about because it's not impressive. Miocic is a great HW but I don't feel that him beating DC who is a fat MW (but still a great HW because HW is so poor) puts him closer to being the UFC HW GOAT. If Miocic beats a game Cain, then I'm all in for calling Miocic that best UFC HW ever.

Wow, so if he beats a fat MW he will have a total of 4 defenses, wow!!!

The HW division is weak and having the UFC record in title defenses is not something you should brag about because it's not impressive. Miocic is a great HW but I don't feel that him beating DC who is a fat MW (but still a great HW because HW is so poor) puts him closer to being the UFC HW GOAT. If Miocic beats a game Cain, then I'm all in for calling Miocic that best UFC HW ever.

I don't know. I got the feeling that if Miocic beat Velasquez you would be saying about that it wasn't "Prime, Sea-Level Cain" he beat. Just like people won't acknowledge Stipe because of a certain Russian that was fighting MWs or Cans in over half of his total career fights.

Only way for Stipe would be to invent a time machine, travel back in time and fight them there. Young Dana would book the fight with Cain in a heartbeat, because he wants to see Stipe lose really bad in every timeline and alternate reality. But good luck with fighting Fedor, Stipe would probably have to wait at least 2 years and fight against sub-par competition in that time because of Prides policy of protecting their reigning champions against serious competition.

Because HW was sooooo much stronger back then, lol.
{<BJPeen}

Fedor: prime big nog x 2, prime Cro Cop,prime Arlovski,out of shapes Sylvia,40 years old past prime Coleman,past prime Randleman.

I looked at Fedor's career very closely. To determine how many legit top competition wins he has, I looked at the record of how the people did after fighting Fedor. I did this to weed out fights such as you mentioned where Coleman was all ready finished when they fought... so Fedor gets no GOAT points for those wins. Here's what I came up with.

Fedor = 9 - Herring, Arona, Sobrol, Big Nog (Twice) , Cro Cop, Hunt, Arlovski, & Monson

Stipe = 6 - He gets GOAT points for the last 6 people he beat. 7 if he beats DC... so he's getting there... but he's gonna need a couple more quality wins to pass Fedor.

Last edited:
I looked at Fedor's career very closely. To determine how many legit top competition wins he has, I looked at the record of how the people did after fighting Fedor. I did this to weed out fights such as you mentioned where Coleman was all ready finished when they fought... so Fedor gets no GOAT points for those wins. Here's what I came up with.

Fedor = 8 - Arona, Sobrol, Big Nog (Twice) , Cro Cop, Hunt, Arlovski, & Monson

Stipe = 6 - He gets GOAT points for the last 6 people he beat. 7 if he beats DC... so he's getting there... but he's gonna need a couple more quality wins to pass Fedor.

Ok Coleman from 2006 is done in terms of top HWs but no points for the 2004 version ? eh debatable but you can have it.

But now you trigger me:

You count 2017 JDS but don't for 2008 Tim Sylvia.

You count Francis but don't 2009 undefeated Brett Rogers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back