Stipe calling out DC again.

That still doesn't change the fact Cormier already slept him in less than 1 round, how about if Miocic actually wins a fight? then maybe he can talk....
He won a lot more than one fight lol

i dunno, i'm a diehard stipe fan. i saw him live in boston at ufc 220. what he did against ngannou was world class. the way he slipped ngannou's punches and manhandled that bohemoth of a man. and what he did in cleveland at ufc 203.

also how down to earth he is on his embedded videos. the silly shit he does and buys with his money and the pranks he pulls are things i would do. as a military man i love firefighters and military guys i feel like we're cousins. i love the guy. so maybe i'm biased.

but the reasons why he deserves a rematch have been said time and time again, even echoed by derrick lewis. dana wanted the rematch to headline the recent NY card, stipe wanted the rematch then too, but DC said he needed a full camp for stipe but could fight derrick lewis on 3 weeks notice.

DC's ducking stipe. not sure why youre painting stipe out to be the bad guy. he ran that division for years and earned our respect. mine at least
Agreed. Especially considering Joanna got an instant rematch after being KOed in the 1st and Cody got one after losing his first defense. That said, Stipe is probably not going to get the rematch unless Lesnar can't fight DC, which is a possibility. Otherwise, he's in the same camp as Aldo, who also didn't get a rematch after being so dominant.

If the UFC had any legitimacy as a sporting promotion, they would do what the IOC does and strip all of Jones's accomplishments from his record.

Sure, I understand the steroid complaint and it does make sense. I am talking about the fact that a pro fighter is violating everyone while being out every night on coke benders. Steroids or not, you can argue that this guy is not the best potential version of himself and even if you erase his record, the memory of him whooping DC's ass twice is harder to erase.

I was simply responding to the fact that the guy said that Stipe being champ shows the shitty state of the division and I was saying that DC being beat up by a dude who cares more about being stoned than being in the gym is not a great look either.

Agreed. Especially considering Joanna got an instant rematch after being KOed in the 1st and Cody got one after losing his first defense. That said, Stipe is probably not going to get the rematch unless Lesnar can't fight DC, which is a possibility. Otherwise, he's in the same camp as Aldo, who also didn't get a rematch after being so dominant.
it depends if ufc likes you or not and wants you as champ. thats the reason guys like stipe, aldo, tj etc. did not get rematches. same with mighty mouse. yet cody and joanna got slept and both got immediate rematches. conor is most likely in that boat as well, although i think everyone wants khabib vs tony.

he defended the belt 3 times. more than anyone else.

he deserves this shit.
Aldo defended it 7 times, and was the reigning WEC champ when they joined the UFC, didnt got a rematch, Stipe isnt getting one and doesnt deserve it either.

dude, aldo deserved it, and he went crazy trying to get it. even moving up to 155 to chase conor.

if conor had accepted that rematch in brazil, the rematch would've broken ppv records.

but conor had his mind set on moving up to 155 lbs.

joanna j got her rematch cause rose namajunas said yes to the rematch
garbrandt got rematch dillashaw said yes

dc and conor both said no. that's the point. can't blame stipe for trying to convince dc to change his mind

He does not deserve a rematch.
Only very dominant champions deserve immediate rematches (6+ title-defenses)

Stipes time in the spotlight is over, im afraid. Soon DC will have beat his heavyweight record as well!

Stipe can easily make it way more competitive in the rematch he has to keep the distance and avoid the clinch

He should play the "eye poke"-angle more, that's the only legitimate claim he has for a rematch. Being a dominant champion shouldn't grant you an automatic rematch, that would be silly and unfair to all other contenders that have to sit around and wait for the same fighters to rematch over and over.

Something to be said for him getting the rematch but there are 2 problems here. First, stipe does not put asses in seats. Second, he got his ass beat and it wasn't close. Sucks for him but he's getting in line.

I get him wanting the rematch. It's clear they do not intend to give it to him. If the Lesanr/DC fight happen maybe they will do it. Stipe has to know that the title will easily be his when DC walks away. He needs to decide if he want to sit and wait or take a fight before all of that unfolds.

The correct call out is, "it's my turn to poke you in the eyes in our rematch."

Something to be said for him getting the rematch but there are 2 problems here. First, stipe does not put asses in seats. Second, he got his ass beat and it wasn't close. Sucks for him but he's getting in line.
stipe headlined the two highest selling ppvs this year outside of conor mcgregor.

ufc 220 and ufc 226 in vegas.

more people like stipe than you think. dont buy into dana's narrative.

dc-lewis in freaking msg only did 250k buys. even with lewis's hot balls momentum.

stipe's the man. he's the highest selling heavyweight outside of brock lesnar.

Stipe can easily make it way more competitive in the rematch he has to keep the distance and avoid the clinch
That's what everybody that fights DC says. Even if he does that, DC can still touch that chin. Stipe is a wrestler and he will always default to that if he gets in an uncomfortable situation. DC is going to walk him down and wait for him to panic again.

No Personality Stipe >>>>> Whining, Annoying, Clingy Stipe

He's pretty much losing the 7 fans he has.

Lol, poor Stipe. DC beats his ass and cannot take a loss without calling it a fluke.

As he should. It's the fight that he wants, and well, he ain't really much less qualified (if at all) than the next guy.

stipe headlined the two highest selling ppvs this year outside of conor mcgregor.

ufc 220 and ufc 226 in vegas.

more people like stipe than you think. dont buy into dana's narrative.

dc-lewis in freaking msg only did 250k buys. even with lewis's hot balls momentum.

stipe's the man. he's the highest selling heavyweight outside of brock lesnar.
I'm not disputing your numbers but I would argue that's more on the account of who he was fighting. Ngannou who just came off of decapitating overeem and DC who was just moving up to become the champ champ. I think those two factors contributed more to those ppv numbers than the presence of stipe. To be absolutely sure I would have to look at all the cards he was on but too lazy for that.

I know DC - hot balls was lower but to be fair it was hastily put together, nobody gave a fuck about it and everyone knew exactly how that fight was going to end.

I agree that he's the man but not from a promotional standpoint.

Probably should fight someone else first and then look for another title bout. The eye pokes are a legitimate grievance on his part. The problem is that Stipe never kissed Dana's ass which isn't helping. Plus Lesnar is an easy big $$$ fight for DC and the UFC.

Back