Steven Seagal devastates Russian aikido masters

Junior lol small joints
Small joints, you know ... the techniques that are banned in the UFC? Aikido specializes in those. Can an Aikido guy strike? No. Can he wrestle? No. Do they have traditional subs? No. But if he gets your wrist, elbow or finger he physically owns you until he decides to let go. It's a very legitimate advantage on the street over a person who has never trained anything in their life. I know that for a fact.

If a black belt in aikido gets a hold of your arm or your hand or any small joints you're going for a ride. They will grab your wrist turn it slightly and the next thing you know your flying through the air to prevent your wrist snapping. It's not a real martial art. There are no competitions. But they do have some real skills. A black belt in Aikido would fuck up a dude off the street imo. My dad is a lawyer and fucked a con up trying to escape using Aikido. It was in the newspaper and there was a blog about it.

A blackbelt in Aikido means nothing in terms of fighting skill. Everyone long enough there gets one. You just have to roll around and do some light drills.

small joint manipulation is great against untrained fatties but helps next to nothing in a real fight when learned in Aikido.

Aikido is the least helpful style regarding these tactics because its full of the esoteric crap their founder wrote down. Ueshiba learned Aiki Jutsu (which is worlds more effective and complete) and took all the techniqes out that did not conform with his ideology. Aikido is a castrated dumbed down version of Aiki Jutsu.

Especially as Aikidoka train very soft and have no sparring, they are not the slightest prepared for a real confrontation. In our town is a very big Aikido school with 17 black belts and I would bet everything on some (not fat ;)) slightly talented sherdogger doing boxing and a little Judo for 3 months to beat them with ease.

I get it its fun to roll around. Why not, but many men/women training it are completely delusional about their fight ability. The ones you meet and are competent (I met one) have their skill from other MA`s.

For the ones interested do one drill. Try a aikido wrist manipulation and be happy how easy you bring the other person down (careful). Now tell the opponent before what you will do and he should resist with maximum muscle activation (like in a fight). It will be near impossible for him to execute the move if he is not much stronger. Sure with time you may get it but in a real sparring situation you have eaten several counters in that time frame.

A blackbelt in Aikido means nothing in terms of fighting skill. Everyone long enough there gets one. You just have to roll around and do some light drills.

small joint manipulation is great against untrained fatties but helps next to nothing in a real fight when learned in Aikido.

Aikido is the least helpful style regarding these tactics because its full of the esoteric crap their founder wrote down. Ueshiba learned Aiki Jutsu (which is worlds more effective and complete) and took all the techniqes out that did not conform with his ideology. Aikido is a castrated dumbed down version of Aiki Jutsu.

Especially as Aikidoka train very soft and have no sparring, they are not the slightest prepared for a real confrontation. In our town is a very big Aikido school with 17 black belts and I would bet everything on some (not fat ;)) slightly talented sherdogger doing boxing and a little Judo for 3 months to beat them with ease.

I get it its fun to roll around. Why not, but many men/women training it are completely delusional about their fight ability. The ones you meet and are competent (I met one) have their skill from other MA`s.

For the ones interested do one drill. Try a aikido wrist manipulation and be happy how easy you bring the other person down (careful). Now tell the opponent before what you will do and he should resist with maximum muscle activation (like in a fight). It will be near impossible for him to execute the move if he is not much stronger. Sure with time you may get it but in a real sparring situation you have eaten several counters in that time frame.
I agree. I already said Aikido wasn't a real martial art. It's more cultish. But a black belt in Aikido against just some asshole on the steet who knows nothing (95 percent of the population) it is good knowledge to have. Some people have careers, they don't want to bruise their ribs and fuck up their bodies for no good reason like Judo. Aikido is a gentle alternative with a spiritual side, and some cool techniques. Plus my dad would just take one of his 20 wooden swords and crush somebody's forehead in. He has one laying under his bed. And a shotgun. lol.

Small joints, you know ... the techniques that are banned in the UFC? Aikido specializes in those. Can an Aikido guy strike? No. Can he wrestle? No. Do they have traditional subs? No. But if he gets your wrist, elbow or finger he physically owns you until he decides to let go. It's a very legitimate advantage on the street over a person who has never trained anything in their life. I know that for a fact.
Yeah but doesnt any martial art that ends in a vowel work on a never trained lay-person?

sensei seagal is the greatest martial artist ever. bruce lee's spiritual offspring

Ok guys calm down it’s a demonstration. Whether you like Seagal or not is irrelevant. I bet most here don’t even know why people flip around everywhere in Aikido. It looks ridiculous when you don’t understand it. Which is normal around here ‘cause most don’t understand anything about MMA either.

I'm sorry I thought I was in the UFC section
Without Senpai Seagal, there would be no UFC.

steven-seagal-hugs-anderson-silva.jpg

There are things you can take from Aikido to put into an integrated combat system but as a stand alone martial science it is definitely lacking in many areas because they do little to no actual sparring to see what technics are actually effective and how to apply them in real combat scenarios.

That's the problem, even the stuff that might work won't be much use to you if don't do it for real. Someone with no training but who is tough, aggressive and used to street fighting will have a big advantage over someone who 'trains' by doing choreographed play fighting.

Yeah but doesnt any martial art that ends in a vowel work on a never trained lay-person?
Probably? Look I quit Aikido the first day I tried it. I thought it was the lamest bullshit I had ever seen in my life. But I've seen what my dad can do and I've read about what my dad can do to grown ass men, including myself. Some of AIkido is legit. Most of it isn't. That's all I can say. First Aikido thread I've ever seen on Sherdog.

Who? As in a serious real military, not something like the army of Panama.

Law enforcement I can believe because local yokels are full of shit like those who gave a badge to Seagal.

Well, Russian military, but again, real-aikido, not the theatrical stuff

The moves are legit, but it is a demo. He's not "devastating" anyone, they are willingly putting themselves into position to be worked.

My favorite is the Kiai "master" who pretended he had such control of his invisible ki powers that he'd knock down his "demo" partners without touching them, and claimed an undefeated 200-0 record using these techniques.

Apparently it got to the point were he actually believed his own BS and challenged a real MMA fighter. The utter shock and panic when he got punched in the puss was almost as hilarious as watching the demonstrations of his "power."

Here's the thing that makes you seem like an ignoramus. When someone gets you into a joint lock, you throw yourself, not because you're faking it, but because that's how you get the pressure off the joint that would otherwise be snapped. If I get someone in a wrist crank, a great martial artist will go flying. An idiot sherdogger won't, but then his wrist will get shredded.

The moves are legit, but it is a demo. He's not "devastating" anyone, they are willingly putting themselves into position to be worked.

My favorite is the Kiai "master" who pretended he had such control of his invisible ki powers that he'd knock down his "demo" partners without touching them, and claimed an undefeated 200-0 record using these techniques.

Apparently it got to the point were he actually believed his own BS and challenged a real MMA fighter. The utter shock and panic when he got punched in the puss was almost as hilarious as watching the demonstrations of his "power."

lol

No

Back