Star Wars Rebels on DisneyXD

I don't know why Obiwan catches him and holds him in his arms like they're best friends.
Empathy. Maul was full of hate and had gone insane a long time ago; cutting him down was a mercy - he probably secretly wanted it (which probably contributed to how easily Kenobi defeated him).

Empathy. Maul was full of hate and had gone insane a long time ago; cutting him down was a mercy - he probably secretly wanted it (which probably contributed to how easily Kenobi defeated him).
Maybe your right. Maul didn't seem to really have a plan just kinda showed up to die

Who's the GOAT star wars character if not Maul?

Vader was certainly a good candidate until the pansy Anakin portrayal by Haden Christianson ruined him.

Palpatine was pretty cool, but that battle with Windu made him into a cheesy cartoon character "Unlimited Power!!!"

Yoda was the best character until the prequels made him all serious.

The only character that comes close to Maul is probably Qui-Gon. He was more interesting than Obi Wan because Qui-Gon was his own man, where Obi Wan for the most part always did as he was told, the only time he even hinted at defiance was when it came to training Anakin.

Qui Gonn vs Maul for the GOAT Star Wars character. I never thought I would hear such a thing...

Senior Citizen Obi Wan is so ultra badass like Miyamoto Musashi needing just one strike to seal the deal? The lightsaber blades looked so skinny.

Senior Citizen Obi Wan is so ultra badass like Miyamoto Musashi needing just one strike to seal the deal? The lightsaber blades looked so skinny.
That was a nice nod to the skinny old school lightsabers of EIV.

Yeah I am not saying he's a zombie with force powers. He becomes an excellent duelist post Mustafar but 4 robotic limbs are a massive hinderance regardless. He has to completely relearn how to wield a saber and develop an entirely different style around calculated strikes and overwhelming power.

Well in the other eu stuff out there he can sill flip around and move quickly. It's just that they didn't have a way to do that in the og trilogy. Basically Obi Wan and Vader are supposed to be more impressive in battle than we saw in those movies.

tumblr_lmef9g8DQ81qc41wuo1_r2_500.gif

It was sad but i liked how the duel panned out. Obi-Wan must have reached prime Yoda level at this point. His calm and precise way of dispatching Maul and his empathy towards his fallen enemy show he is the perfect Jedi.

RIP Maul

lmao @ grown men watching cartoons.

Who's the GOAT star wars character if not Maul?

Vader was certainly a good candidate until the pansy Anakin portrayal by Haden Christianson ruined him.

Palpatine was pretty cool, but that battle with Windu made him into a cheesy cartoon character "Unlimited Power!!!"

Yoda was the best character until the prequels made him all serious.

The only character that comes close to Maul is probably Qui-Gon. He was more interesting than Obi Wan because Qui-Gon was his own man, where Obi Wan for the most part always did as he was told, the only time he even hinted at defiance was when it came to training Anakin.
There really isn't a question who the central character in the Star Wars universe is that defines the universe:
latest
That duel between Kenobi and Maul was perfect. Simply perfect. So much about that episode and that exchange was incredible, and showed again why Obi-Wan is, truly, as defines his Order, possibly the greatest Jedi that ever lived.

Is anyone else a big enough Star Wars nerd to have noticed what Maul died trying?

There really isn't a question who the central character in the Star Wars universe is that defines the universe:
latest
That duel between Kenobi and Maul was perfect. Simply perfect. So much about that episode and that exchange was incredible, and showed again why Obi-Wan is, truly, as defines his Order, possibly the greatest Jedi that ever lived.

Is anyone else a big enough Star Wars nerd to have noticed what Maul died trying?
The same technique that left Qui-Gon open for the finishing strike.

I'm guessing they brought him back cause he was a popular character?

So this death is meaningless cause why not just bring him back again
Exactly. It was comic book bullshit. It was 100% because Darth Maul was the most craved and popular character from the prequels. This renders death meaningless, and is unacceptable in high art. Comic readers don't seem to understand that this-- not their nerdiness-- is why superherocomics haven't really been taken terribly seriously outside a few diehard fans like Kevin Smith.

You cannot disrespect Death and expect anything you write to hold any meaning after you've done that.

Fortunately, Darth Maul did prove to be a great character for the cartoons, but I trust the Lucasfilm Group understands this was a one-time deal. They won't do it again.
This is why I don't like all the extra lore. Oh btw remember when we thought Kenobi and Vader were the last jedi and sith? Yeah there were like 30 more running around off panel, that were never mentioned at all during the trilogy.

Fuck outta here.
This isn't a valid criticism at all. First, I don't understand your claim that we (ever) thought Vader and Kenobi were the last of each. Kenobi tells Luke to find Yoda from beyond the grave, and Maul's death here takes place prior to Episode 4. Second, one of the most amazing truths to Star Wars is that it doesn't have to be perfect in maintaining narrative consistency. Why? Because, just as politics and information flows in the real world, nothing that anybody knows or understands is perfect. The world is full of misinformation, propaganda, incorrect beliefs, rumors, ignorance, and other imperfections of knowledge.

It is upon the viewer to be able to discern that we are NOT given a "God's Eye" view in Star Wars in the way to which you might be accustomed. Our knowledge of the universe is often as imperfect as the characters in it.
Dont listen to this guy. Rebels is way better than Clone Wars by a country mile. Everything about it is better: animation, production, writing, everything.

Nothing Clone Wars ever did even eclipses Twilight of the Apprentice which is damn near movie tier.
While I agree with this...no single episode in The Clone Wars comes close to touching the Season Finale of Rebel's Season 2. That extended special is one of the finest works in all of Star Wars lore. It's better than any of the prequel films. I also often enjoy it more for the reason that it captures that spark of a ragtag band of misfits against the machine feel that the original movies had (Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, R2-D2, C-3PO).

The first half of this third season was the weakest stretch in Rebels so far.

No dude this is serious business. Vader by canonical novel statements is at his strongest in ROTJ.

RoTJ exert
Lord Vader did not mind waiting, though, nor was even aware of it. For it was an honor, and a noble activity, to kneel at his ruler's feet. He kept his eyes inward, seeking reflection in his own bottomless core. His power was great, now, greater than it had ever been. It shimmered from within, and resonated with the waves of darkness that flowed from the Emperor. He felt engorged with this power, it surged like black fire, demon electrons looking for ground...but he would wait.

In TESB Vader is toying with Luke. It isn't until Luke lands a glancing blow is that he gets pissed and cuts his arm off.

Luke beat ROTJ of Vader. Luke would make short work of ROTS Vader. Vader held his own until Luke tapped into the dark side.

It's 3AM in the morning and I'm arguing on the canonical prime of Vader with grown men. What am I doing with my life?
I vehemently disagree with this reading, despite that it was obvious before that Luke was the most powerful EU Jedi (just not at that point), and I hate that novelization. Lars being Obi's brother was stupid.

I'm glad it's not canon anymore. Good riddance.
It was sad but i liked how the duel panned out. Obi-Wan must have reached prime Yoda level at this point. His calm and precise way of dispatching Maul and his empathy towards his fallen enemy show he is the perfect Jedi.

RIP Maul
I don't think so. I have a grander and more philosophical alternative reading, but it will take some writing, and it's highly speculative. Elaborates on what I wrote in the above post about Obi.

I'll probably get it out here before next Saturday's episode.

Last edited:
I started The Clone Wars earlier and I'll watch Rebels after that, but is The Clone Wars movie worth watching? I didn't realize there was one until after I watched the first episode of the series.

I started The Clone Wars earlier and I'll watch Rebels after that, but is The Clone Wars movie worth watching? I didn't realize there was one until after I watched the first episode of the series.
It introduces Ashoka and some other characters.

The movie is hard to appreciate by itself, but within the context of the series, it becomes much more appreciable. It fits in with the series. I enjoyed it a great deal more the second time I watched it after I'd already watched the series when I went back through and watched everything chronologically:
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

I feel like movie Darth Maul had potential to be super badass, but cartoon Darth Maul was like drug addict shell of his former self.

KOTOR really had a lot of lore and was fun. I loved how the exiled Jedi found Korriban and how the Sith rose to power. Some amazing characters back in those old stories. KOTOR 2 was fun as well, but didn't Darth Nihilus only consume force users? And wasn't he dying / losing power because there weren't many force users left? I think that's relevant because that's how he was able to destroy the Miraluka (sp?) planet. So he wouldn't have been able to survive in the movie timeline.

I see your point though... so many cool things out there. I had a good time reading the "Path of the Jedi" and "Book of Sith" as it really kind of brought everything full circle.
41evLbAg2BL._SX306_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
I just started reading The Jedi Path, only about 30 pages in. Funny seeing all the comments from Yoda, Luke, Ahsoka, Qui-gon and Dooku

Also, the guy who voiced Kenobi for the Twin Suns episode did a phenomenal job

Back