Star Wars Rebels on DisneyXD

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by GSP_37, Aug 17, 2014.

1. GSP_37

GSP_37 Steel Belt

Who's excited to watch this new series? I'm not so sure about it. At least Star Wars Clone Wars had Jedi, Sith, Mandalores, Darth Maul. Generic rebels?

So far, a few shorts are showing up in DVR listing.

Deleted member 391673 likes this.
  2. Jaeger Imperator

Jaeger Imperator Per Aspera Ad Astra Platinum Member

i must be the minority but Clone Wars got old and sucked so fast, the fact that you had disposable clones fighting robots made it so god damn pointless, at least in Rebels there are actual people with families fighting because they want something better or whatever, some legit motivation behind it all

3. Magooglie

Magooglie Steel Belt

I didn't like clone wars either.

4. GSP_37

GSP_37 Steel Belt

Maybe 5% of the Clone Wars episodes were pretty good due to the subject matters/characters I mentioned. The rest were like why did they pay money to produce those episodes?

The cartoon shorts Clone Wars w/Mace Windu vs. an army of droids was cool.

5. Loiosh

Loiosh Detective Platinum Member

That episode was absolutely fantastic.

[YT]cF3ocZu4cZo[/YT]

6. GSP_37

GSP_37 Steel Belt

Mace Windu doing some DBZ/Donnie Yen/Ip Man fighting on them droids.

7. iThrillhouse

iThrillhouse Silver Belt

The Clone Wars series that blew me away was Genndy Tartakovsky's series he directed

they were incredible, the bounty hunter mass fight, the Anakin and clones vs. Assaj on the abandoned planet was glorious... as a story was way better than the entire Prequel trilogy

Big Burly likes this.
  8. Magooglie

Magooglie Steel Belt

That Clone Wars was good.

9. GhostZ06

GhostZ06 Steel Belt

[​IMG]

like i said in the gif section. DMF and the sherdog mods

ShinkanPo, Clippy and clumseygenius like this.
  10. FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 Gemtor Belt

With TFA in theaters now, I figured I'd see if anyone has been following the 2nd season?

Pretty much lighter fare than the Clone Wars, but damn it's good to see Asohka Tano back in action. The inter show webcast is hinting that her and Vader will be throwing down this season. That will be quite the grudge match considering how they left things.

11. deviake

deviake Some people think cucumbers taste better pickled

Who's seen it? Best episode yet. I've found the show to be hit-and-miss (season 2 in particular I feel has had a lot of filler) but good enough to keep my attention, and I really like the characters.

For those who have seen it, I'll answer a question you may have had (if you didn't notice). Be warned:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    EvilDDS likes this.
  12. SiKnSiN

SiKnSiN Brown Belt

Amazing Finale. Just got done watching it. Need time to digest and let my nerves calm down. That Vader entrance though....Can't beat it.

Der Eisbär, Dogstarman and deviake like this.
  13. deviake

deviake Some people think cucumbers taste better pickled

I'm going to watch it again soon. So good. Ahsoka is one of my favorite characters.

I'm guessing she either had a very interesting conversation with Vader and they parted ways or they fought, she beat him and let him live. With his mask messed up he probably only had so much breathing time anyway.

Edit: Ahsoka, not Asoka, hah, good grief.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  14. Lavitz

Lavitz Gust of Wind Dance

Yeah I don't see Ahsoka beating Vader. She grew stronger sure but Vader is in another league. The explosion may have broken them apart and interrupted their duel. Vader seemed pretty adamant on killing her. It's not until Vader meets his son does he show any signs of wavering or turning back to the light.

15. sverre054

sverre054 The Juggernaut Viking Platinum Member

On the Salish Sea, in the republic of Cascadia
    It was incredible. I think Rebels is one of the best Star wars projects ever done. I would actually love to see characters from it in the new movies. Yeah its a little campy at times, but they have some great stories, and have made some great characters. This season finale answered many questions, but left many great cliffhangers, that could really alter the Star Wars universe and lore.

Der Eisbär and deviake like this.
  16. ITOT1

ITOT1 White Belt

I saw it since a friend made me watch it and HOLY SHIEETTT, DARTH MAUL IS FUCKING KING!!! Pure bad ass and the real BOSS!!! This was the only episode from Star Wars cartoon I saw and it was the finale for 2nd season. Im hoping next season (3) Maul owns everybody including Vader.

Darth Maul >>>>> Darth Vader

Luger likes this.
  17. kuromusha

kuromusha LONZO LOOMS 2019

I love how plotting Maul is. Always calculating. I think the next season is going to focus on Maul trying to turn Ezra.

Luger likes this.
  18. kuromusha

kuromusha LONZO LOOMS 2019

You haven't seen Clone Wars (the newer one)? You're missing out. It is better than Rebels imo.

19. senri

senri The belt that resides inside you

Just saw the episode, things are brewing.

Frank23 likes this.
  20. EvilDDS

EvilDDS Black Belt

Spectacular finale. Too lazy to re-write my thoughts, so I copied what I wrote in Dragon's Star Wars thread

That season finale for Rebels was frickin phenomenal television. Anyone who has watched the Clone Wars should watch that finale. For me, that one episode was the best single episode of all the animated series for the Clone Wars and Rebels.

Fight scenes were great, the musical score right at the end was amazing, gets you right in the feels. Can't wait until the next season now, just a great, great ending. Only wished this show was more consistent with great episodes like that, too much filler in the season but every now and then they would give us a memorable episode.

If you haven't seen it, avoid my review in the spoilers because it contains tons of them.

Maul was fun. The guy who voices him is fantastic. Gave him that feeble Yoda-like quality at first like when Luke met Yoda for the first time. Even some of the lines, like 'why are you here? I mean you no harm' Plus his usage of the cane, even though it concealed his light saber.

Then throughout the episode, you feel his voice getting stronger and meaner and then when they ask about Ezra, and he says "You mean my apprentice?" And then just the look on Ahsoka and Kanan's faces were awesome.

***Question about the Kanan blinding.***

Maul was attacking and Kanan got his light saber up to block, but what caused the blinding. Was it the sparking of the clash of sabers right into his eyes that caused his blindness?

Then Vader making his appearance into the temple was epic. Standing on top of his Tie Fighter as it descends, just awesome.

[​IMG]

Then the Snips/Skyguy confrontation was just great. Vader states "Anakin was weak so I destroyed him" or something like that. Then when Vader tells Ahsoka that revenge is not the jedi way to which she responds "I'm no jedi!" Damn, that gave me goosebumps because you know they're about to throw down.

Great battle between them. Vader took round 1, was mostly on the offensive and then force pushed her off the edge. But Ahsoka coming right back and slashing his mask was a thing of beauty.

The Vader wheezing, voice changing to Anakin's voice was good

Finally, not sure if Ahsoka is dead or not. I know they show her re-entering the temple but not sure if that's a force ghost or what. I've heard that Dave Filoni says she is dead. Hope that's not true.

Ezra sobbing on the journey home. And then unlocking the sith holocron, can't wait to see how he develops next season

Also, Vader destroyed Ezra's light saber, can't wait to see what he constructs for next season

Luger and deviake like this.