Star Wars plot holes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive always felt that Yoda knew that Luke was on his way to Dagobah and that he intentionally crashes Luke's Xwing in the swamp. But I've never found confirmation from the expanded universe.

People understanding R2 or Chewy was mentioned, my question his how Rey understands both BB-8 & Chewy the minute she meets them when she was raised on Jakku?

I havent read anything about how Kylo acquires Vader's helmet but in the Aftermath novels there are bits of story that track Vader's lightsaber being sold around, gotta figure Kylo spending some of that 1st order money to acquire any Vader memorabilia is most likely.

If I do, will it reveal to me that stars declare wars on each other and actively engage each other in an act of war?
Essentially.
They get so close to each other, and their surface gravities are so fierce, that they rip each other apart as they converge on their mutual gravitational center. There are by- products like Neutronium and gravity waves, plus an enormous explosion that can be seen across the universe.

I'm still trying to figure out how a stormtrooper (FN-2187) was able to duel with a Sith Lord (Kylo) using light sabers.
I thought force users were only able to weld light sabers because an average person would slice their arm off.
Sword fighting in general requires technique to know when to block and when to parry.
I don't think they teach that at the First Order Academy.

Also who the hell trained Luke from the end of empire until return?

He wasn’t with Yoda, he goes and sees him during return

And he has learned dark side powers like force choke and uses them.

Much more powerful in Jedi than in empire and didn’t train with anyone? How the hell did he learn Force choke it wasn’t even ever used around him before

He took the Heath Herring approach and watched video tapes of other Jedi in action.

I'm still trying to figure out how a stormtrooper (FN-2187) was able to duel with a Sith Lord (Kylo) using light sabers.
I thought force users were only able to weld light sabers because an average person would slice their arm off.
Sword fighting in general requires technique to know when to block and when to parry.
I don't think they teach that at the First Order Academy.

False.
Both pre viszla and boba fett had lightsabers or wielded them from killing jedi. As did others, or used variances like dark sabers and kurtosis blades.

They just wont be as skilled as a jedi or sith. Kylo was also hurt and that impeded him vs finn.
Also, kylo isnt particilarly skilled in a fight, but he is with knowledge of the force. A possible luke skywalker training formality to teach the young jedi to use the force more than the flashiness of combat to create more well rounded jedi.

That is not the definition of a plot hole.
Basically, yes it is.
Most of what has been posted here, as plinkett would put it: "That's not a plot hole, it's just, like, something stupid."

A plot hole is something that significantly affects the story and its dramatic outcome if altered or removed.
It isn't simply something that's wrong, a continuity error, a boom mic visible, bad Foley work. It's a critical fault in the structure of the story.

Basically, yes it is.
Most of what has been posted here, as plinkett would put it: "That's not a plot hole, it's just, like, something stupid."

A plot hole is something that significantly affects the story and its dramatic outcome if altered or removed.
It isn't simply something that's wrong, a continuity error, a boom mic visible, bad Foley work. It's a critical fault in the structure of the story.

Where are you getting your definition from?

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/plot_hole

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/submission/10607/Plothole

There is nothing about affecting the outcome of a story.

Let's try wiki.

"While many stories have unanswered questions, unlikely events or chance occurrences, a plot hole is one that is essential to the story's outcome."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plot_hole

Lol. It takes balls to post a link that utilizes the generallly understood definition in the first paragraph as a means to defend your point.
In fiction, a plot hole, plothole or plot error is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot.[1] Such inconsistencies include such things as illogical or impossible events, and statements or events that contradict earlier events in the storyline

He took the Heath Herring approach and watched video tapes of other Jedi in action.
11VoNn.gif

The worst is Obi Wan not remembering R2 in the first movie.

“I don’t recall owning a droid before” senile old man

You know, there's this thing called sarcasm? The ObiWan character was known for it.

Second, Yoda did know of R2D2. Yoda was playing dumb to test Luke when they first met. Yoda could have possibly even used to force to nudge the ship off course into the lake.

Much more powerful in Jedi than in empire and didn’t train with anyone? How the hell did he learn Force choke it wasn’t even ever used around him before

You can come up with an explanation for this one, especially in context with the rest of the franchise.

When you take this from Jedi and combine it with the new techniques Luke knows in TLJ, you could conclude that Luke is particularly adept at understanding the Force and finding new ways to manipulate it and use it.

He's gifted in that way.

Basically, yes it is.

Well it's called a "hole" because something seems to be missing. A plot hole is about something that should be there but isn't, a gap in the logic of the story; it's not about removing something that IS there.

man if that bothers you wait until you watch the new horrible star wars film

This might just be me not paying attention but I don't understand why everyone gives such reverence to the Force. Any form of power has a corrupting influence but unless it's a perfect omnipotent being, it's not given such spiritual singnificance. Why do Jedi speak of the Force like it's holy when Sith use the same damn thing? There is no light side or dark side; it's the same Force and it's pretty neutral.

Lol. It takes balls to post a link that utilizes the generallly understood definition in the first paragraph as a means to defend your point.
Those are closer to popular definitions having been included because the general public misunderstands it so often that it's become accepted.
But much like the name of it already suggests, a PLOT hole involves an element of the PLOT.
It's a fault in the STORY.
Not just any fault, but one that is critical to the entire arc and would disable it if it were changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back