Star Wars plot holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

90 50

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Why do the new movies and now cartoons keep adding more and more plot holes for no reason.

I know the plot holes from 1-3 have been beaten to death but watching clone wars with my kid yesterday I saw yet another unnecessary one.

Yoda goes to degobah to Seek answers and talk to qui gon. Ok no issue with that.

Then Anakin sends r2-D2 with him to help pilot.

So, not only has r2 had a lot of run ins with Yoda at this point but this time they go on a mission alone to degobah.

They have no issues flying into there.

Luke crashed there when flying in for the first time, r2 had no recollection of Yoda and Yoda none of r2.

R2 would have for sure recognized Yoda and known how to navigate degobah already. (That’s one of the functions of an astromech droid. )

There was zero plot purpose to have r2 go with Yoda other than messing up episode 5 events.

Do these writers even know about what happens in 4-6??

What other obvious ones have you noticed that aren’t from 1-3

Star Wars is just lightsabers and spaceships.

Plotholes are too be expected. It's a popcorn flick.

Everyone's fucking related, in a galaxy far far away, it's a small world. Wait till ya' see, that new leading mary sue character in the new trilogy will probably be related to some known entity from the original trilogy.

Star Wars is just lightsabers and spaceships.

Plotholes are too be expected. It's a popcorn flick.

Everyone's fucking related, in a galaxy far far away, it's a small world. Wait till ya' see, that new leading mary sue character in the new trilogy will probably be related to some known entity from the original trilogy.

Yeah but there is zero reason for some of them other than maybe to piss off fans of 4-6

I've never seen Star Wars. I'm familiar with it, I know some of the characters. But I've never seen any of them. Apparently that's pretty strange, judging the reaction I get when people find out.

well for one...its impossibru to hear pew pews in space...

Here's atough one to swallow: plot holes are not divergences from the laws of reality. Like, LUCY is preposterous, but its premise that using 100% of the human brain unlocks psychokinetic potential is not a plot hole. It's the movie.

I don't think I ever seen a true plot hole, to be honest. At least not one that wasn't much more than "I really did not care for the direction they took with this particular choice."

Here's atough one to swallow: plot holes are not divergences from the laws of reality. Like, LUCY is preposterous, but its premise that using 100% of the human brain unlocks psychokinetic potential is not a plot hole. It's the movie.

I don't think I ever seen a true plot hole, to be honest. At least not one that wasn't much more than "I really did not care for the direction they took with this particular choice."
Ever seen Star Trek Insurrection?

Ever seen Star Trek Insurrection?
Not sure. I seem to want to think of that one as being either closely reminiscent of a TNG episode, or it felt like a glorified episode itself. Was there like a cloaked ship in a lake? A lot of Prime Directive of non-interference plot?

Not a plot hole.
A plot hole refers to something that would disable the entire story arc if changed
seems to be a few things in op that dont destroy the entire arc...

There's no way the millennium falcon could make the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs

It would take at least 14 or 15

any kid who got past kindergarten knows that, ridiculous mistake

There's no way the millennium falcon could make the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs

It would take at least 14 or 15

any kid who got past kindergarten knows that, ridiculous mistake

qzrvj5q96ciy.jpg

I've never seen Star Wars. I'm familiar with it, I know some of the characters. But I've never seen any of them. Apparently that's pretty strange, judging the reaction I get when people find out.

You fucking weirdo.

<{katwhu}>

Not sure. I seem to want to think of that one as being either closely reminiscent of a TNG episode, or it felt like a glorified episode itself. Was there like a cloaked ship in a lake? A lot of Prime Directive of non-interference plot?
It's an extraordinary stupid story, involving an Interstellar cloud that sucks up everything it passes by. Anyways, it sucks up Picard.
It will allow him to leave and go "any place at any time", and he chooses a very stupid means of stopping the villain with a fist fight rather than say killing his pregnant mother before he was born. It's pretty dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back