St Patrick's Day

Hearse Lightning

Not an Uber
@Brown
Reaction score
It's tomorrow. Anybody using it as an excuse to get sloppy drunk? Wear green and pretend to be Irish?

I'm going to Chicago with 5 others. Going to take the early train in from Michigan City. Watch the river get dyed green, booked a booze cruise and plan on going to Wrigleyville to watch the shit show.

What's your plans doggies? Doing anything specific?

All I know is nobody better get in my face.
FavoriteHollowAlbacoretuna-size_restricted.gif

Time to appropriate some white culture motherfuckers.

I am Irish, and I am working in a bar <DCrying>

There are parades and shit in the city centre, but usually in my area (lots of other students) people just wander the streets from house to house getting fucked up on cheap lager, whiskey and buckfast. The holylands is a notorious student area, you do feel bad for the non-student residents...but it is good craic lol

Thankfully out of work at 12am though, so though I will miss most of it come 12.30 I plan to also be fucked up.

Last edited:
Like I need an excuse to get sloppy drunk. I’d get ripped and fight my mailman if he wasn’t such a bitch ass. Phucker brings me garbage ass junk mail everyday,

There are parades and shit in the city centre, but usually in my area (lots of other students) people just wander the streets from house to house getting fucked up on cheap lager, whiskey and buckfast. The holylands is a notorious student area, you do feel bad for the non-student residents...but it is good craic lol

Thankfully out of at 12am though, so though I will miss most of it come 12.30 I plan to also be fucked up.

Damn, Ireland is full of some ugly mother fuckers.

The guy who wrote that sounds like a friendless hipster liberal who thinks he's better than everyone else.

He's not wrong, and neither are you. I detest him but I also agree with him. And having had an Irish girlfriend for the longest time, I've developed detestation for StP too, her family are all 1st gen immigrants and they couldn't stand the way it was commoditized here.

Running a 5K in a our local Seabrook annual race. Didn't feel like running the half again after running the Houston race in January.

Then heading to Surfside Beach for their parade with the kids, then spending the rest of the day relaxing on the beach.

Just got a new waterproof drone with a payload carrier. Going to give it a test run over the water for the first time. Looking forward to coming back later this summer/fall to fish for sharks and big Reds. My buddy's son would kayak our lines for us before.

I've tried kayaking out before, but I'm not too comfortable trying to get through the surf and I wipe out half the time when I'm trying to paddle back in... lol. It's harder than looks to keep your kayak straight when riding a wave back in. It's easy to get sideways and flip over. Also, there's a pretty steady current sideways that you're constantly fighting with paddling out.

Ok, look. I'm old and I don't want to kayak our lines out when by buddy's son can't come... So I bought this drone. lol. Whatever, don't judge me. I'm sure my friend's son will be grateful too, because it completely wipes him out after a few hours.

Wow, I got off track here.

He's not wrong, and neither are you. I detest him but I also agree with him. And having had an Irish girlfriend for the longest time, I've developed detestation for StP too, her family are all 1st gen immigrants and they couldn't stand the way it was commoditized here.

Yeah it's a shit show. I couldn't imagine going to some place like Savannah. How could this possibly be fun?!
cdb74f1c6e1d0b051e9c5c45a3dacae3.jpg

I'll actually be cornering an Irish fighter in a local MMA show, so that should up my St. Patrick's Day street cred.

But then, I might not be able to drink, because I'm not sure if he's gonna get sloshed after, in which case I will need to be the driver. So that might undo my cred, not sure.

It's tomorrow. Anybody using it as an excuse to get sloppy drunk? Wear green and pretend to be Irish?

I'm going to Chicago with 5 others. Going to take the early train in from Michigan City. Watch the river get dyed green, booked a booze cruise and plan on going to Wrigleyville to watch the shit show.

What's your plans doggies? Doing anything specific?

All I know is nobody better get in my face.
FavoriteHollowAlbacoretuna-size_restricted.gif

Having lived in wriggleyville for 4 years, I'm OK not going back for paddys day. In those 4 years Io drank enough for a lifetime.

What the heck is going on in that gif?

Thankfully out of work at 12am though, so though I will miss most of it come 12.30 I plan to also be fucked up.

Parades you say ?

iXJAUKI.jpg

<mma4>that checks out, they do like a parade in the north of ireland

Back