St Patrick's Day

Running a 5K in a our local Seabrook annual race. Didn't feel like running the half again after running the Houston race in January.

Then heading to Surfside Beach for their parade with the kids, then spending the rest of the day relaxing on the beach.

Just got a new waterproof drone with a payload carrier. Going to give it a test run over the water for the first time. Looking forward to coming back later this summer/fall to fish for sharks and big Reds. My buddy's son would kayak our lines for us before.

I've tried kayaking out before, but I'm not too comfortable trying to get through the surf and I wipe out half the time when I'm trying to paddle back in... lol. It's harder than looks to keep your kayak straight when riding a wave back in. It's easy to get sideways and flip over. Also, there's a pretty steady current sideways that you're constantly fighting with paddling out.

Ok, look. I'm old and I don't want to kayak our lines out when by buddy's son can't come... So I bought this drone. lol. Whatever, don't judge me. I'm sure my friend's son will be grateful too, because it completely wipes him out after a few hours.

Wow, I got off track here.
Sounds great, you guys get some big sharks off the beach down in the gulf, more importantly, gonna get drunk?

Parades you say ?

iXJAUKI.jpg

<mma4>that checks out, they do like a parade in the north of ireland

Eyooo no surrender

Friends are having a house party - getting day drunk is great

sadly i have a job interview tomorrow. so i can only be half drunk

Sounds great, you guys get some big sharks off the beach down in the gulf, more importantly, gonna get drunk?

Not too drunk, just pleasantly buzzed...

Yeah, you can get big sharks from time to time. I've heard of sharks up to 12'. I don't want to catch one of those, I'd be terrified of it. Plus, they take about 2 hours to reel in.

I'd love to bring in a 6' or 7' shark

the Irish were so happy about slavery because then we could blame everything bad that happens on someone else. Then 9-11 happened and we had a new scapgoat. lol

I don't drink anymore. But it is tempting but . . . that road is a no go for me anymore.

Have fun if you do go out and get sloppy - just make sure to mind your Ps and Qs so you don't end up #metoo'd at some point in the future.

I have a 4 day weekend starting tomorrow. No idea what I'm doing. I have no desire to be around a big drunken crowd so I might just go camping at the lake

I'm celebrating by being thankful I'm not Irish and not drinking.

Tomorrow is St. Patrick’s day and it seems to be one of the fastest growing holidays in America. I assume we celebrate exactly like the Irish. Any Irish on here can confirm it. In the US it looks like this:

Little kids build leprechaun traps in the days leading up to St. Patrick’s day and the next day their traps have gold foil chocolate coins in them.

On St. Patricks day we wear green or get a pinched. The most festive people wear shirts that say Ireland or “kiss me I’m irish” with shamrock glasses and jewelry. For dinner we eat corned beef, potatoes and cabbage as we assume every Irish person does on most nights.

Then we hit the bars and drink kegs and kegs worth of Guinness.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

what is the difference between st patricks day and martin luther king day?

everyone wants to be irish on st patricks day

Back