Spielberg beat James Cameron to Jurassic Park rights by only a few hours

joke is on Spielberg because we are dying to watch 8 sequels to James Cameron's Avatar

GrandIncredibleAstarte-small.gif

Just imagine Arnold giving a monologue about paleontology. It's hilarious.
DYNOSAHS. BUIDS. FEATHERS LIKE A BUID. PUNY BUID PELVIS.

LOOK AT ME, YOU LITTLE SHIT. THE RAAAPTAAHH SLAAASHES YOU ACROSS DE BELLY!!!!

Nah I disagree and for the same reasons Cameron does. An R rated Jurassic Park? Could be cool but I'll take Spielberg's version.

What Spielberg captured in his JP is something that many monster movies, and I suspect Cmaeron's version would've as well, tend to neglect. Spielberg captured the majesty of the dinosaurs in a way that really captured the imagination of a generation. Turning them into monsters and neglecting the majesty of these creatures would be a mistake. Balancing the fear and awe was the right approach.

This is so true. Every time I watch JP and the music swells at certain points it fills me with a sense of wonder, like when I was a kid and played with dinosaur toys. Spielberg has the kind of talent to tap into those kind of emotions and I don't think it's a technique that can be taught, it's just innate.

These guys get it.

I can STILL watch JP at 36-years-old and get that feeling of being a kid again and seeing the world through a kid's eyes. As you were saying Bob, Spielberg had a strange, uncanny ability to just create these moments--really, to create entire worlds inside of his movies--that have a certain feeling to them. The worlds inside of films like Jurassic Park and ET and the Indiana Jones movies just exist on a different wavelength from the real world.

Id say...Cameron couldve done it better or as good.

Plus, Cameron may had gotten addicted to that genre vs his goofy Avatar shit.

I really wish he had done anything else with the last years of his legendary career. Anything at all

I really wish he had done anything else with the last years of his legendary career. Anything at all

Co-Signed.

I look at the Avatar fiasco and I'm like, "THIS is how you choose to spend your final days? THIS bullshit?!"

It just seems like a huge miscalculation from a very smart guy who is known for always making great decisions.

Co-Signed.

I look at the Avatar fiasco and I'm like, "THIS is how you choose to spend your final days? THIS bullshit?!"

It just seems like a huge miscalculation from a very smart guy who is known for always making great decisions.

Although.... he may yet prove us wrong. Maybe the next Avatar will be a gem.

Not bloody likely

These guys get it.

I can STILL watch JP at 36-years-old and get that feeling of being a kid again and seeing the world through a kid's eyes. As you were saying Bob, Spielberg had a strange, uncanny ability to just create these moments--really, to create entire worlds inside of his movies--that have a certain feeling to them. The worlds inside of films like Jurassic Park and ET and the Indiana Jones movies just exist on a different wavelength from the real world.

When Grant is Seeing the dinos for the first time, and the bronto gets on its hind legs.

And the final sequence with the bird flapping its wings.

AMIRITE?

Although.... he may yet prove us wrong. Maybe the next Avatar will be a gem.

Not bloody likely

Ya never know. Cameron has an unbeaten track record of making sequels that are > the originals.

But I just don't know, in this case. I don't care anything about the Avatar universe or any of those characters. So he's gonna have a hard time making me give a crap about 4 more movies set in that world. I guess we'll see.

Ya never know. Cameron has an unbeaten track record of making sequels that are > the originals.

But I just don't know, in this case. I don't care anything about the Avatar universe or any of those characters. So he's gonna have a hard time making me give a crap about 4 more movies set in that world. I guess we'll see.

If Cameron really wants to show what a sequel bad ass he is, he should make Titanic II.

What films are those?

Because in the universe I live in Alien > Aliens and T1 > T2

:rolleyes:

I actually like T1 over T2, but T2 IS a better film. But personally I like the tone and theme and grittiness of the first one more.

Aliens is just straight up > Alien, bro. Sorry, but it is. I like Alien. It's extremely well made. But I have to be in a specific kind of mood to sit and watch it all the way through. But with Aliens, any time I see it on, from any point in the movie, I almost always end up sitting and watching it until the end.

:rolleyes:

I actually like T1 over T2, but T2 IS a better film. But personally I like the tone and theme and grittiness of the first one more.

Aliens is just straight up > Alien, bro. Sorry, but it is. I like Alien, but I have to be in a specific kind of mood to sit and watch it all the way through. But with Aliens, any time I see it on, from any point in the movie, I almost always end up sitting and watching it until the end.

T1 vs T2 can be debated endlessly, as well as Alien and Aliens. But James Cameron is the indisputed sequel king, including writing First Blood 2.

Its interesting to consider I'd say because Jurassic Park to me almost feels like Spielberg "doing a James Cameron film". I mean you could look back to Spilebergs 70's work somewhat I spose but JP does feel like a harder edged thriller to me rather similar to the Aybss with elements of Aliens thrown in.

As Cameron states though the difference is its aimed at a family market and you could argue that its success had a big effect on Camerons career looking to aim for that same market with Titanic and Avatar.

Cameron's version sounds sick but it probably wouldn't have made nearly as much money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back