SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
they keep making him younger and younger. I doubt I even watch it now

Meh I'll give the Holland kid the benefit of the doubt. I don't like that they're making Spidey look like he's 14 years old, but it is what it is. I guess if the kid is good then he's Spiderman for the long haul so he will grow with the role.

I'm just stoked to know that Spider-man will be in Civil War (we knew that for a while, but still). You know when he first appears in the movie, it's going to elicit a big reaction from the theater crowds watching.

They want a younger Parker, as stated, paralleling Ultimate's. It's been talked that they want multiple movies with him in HS and as a younger kid, they can get a lot of mileage out of him. Also, from the articles I've read - and that dragon even posted here - the decision was largely made on his chemistry with both Downey and Evans,whom he tested / auditioned with. In the case of downey, I REALLY look forward to their banter. It's gonna work out kids, don't sweat it.

Pre puberty spidey is not the spidey that I like. Should have just kept Garfield.

Marvel is going to ruin Spiderman even more than Sony.

Elementary school kid? Jake Lloyd too old? Lame choice.

Great to hear that he is actually 19 (looks 13) and is bit acrobatic...watch him do some flips on his instagram https://instagram.com/tomholland2013/

I'm confident now he could pull it off!!

Ah, nice, didn't know that about him - don't know anything about him haha.. I can only imagine how much better he will be now that he's officially the web slinger, gonna have some good trainers around him.

Ah, nice, didn't know that about him - don't know anything about him haha.. I can only imagine how much better he will be now that he's officially the web slinger, gonna have some good trainers around him.

Something tells me any acrobatics Spider Man does will be handled by a stunt-midget in a mask.

This guy's youth is kind of a palate cleanser from the last 5 films, which for me is only a good thing as I've been all Spiderman'd out.

Cop Car must be a helluva movie.

Meh I'll give the Holland kid the benefit of the doubt. I don't like that they're making Spidey look like he's 14 years old, but it is what it is. I guess if the kid is good then he's Spiderman for the long haul so he will grow with the role.

I'm just stoked to know that Spider-man will be in Civil War (we knew that for a while, but still). You know when he first appears in the movie, it's going to elicit a big reaction from the theater crowds watching.

The solo films are supposed to follow him thru high school, so it makes sense that he's so young.

Just watched Nightcrawler last night. Jake Gyllenhall should play an older Spider-Man or Norman Osbourne

Should have just gotten a toddler and done a reboot. Smh what a shit franchise since sam raimi left.

The fact that Sony still has so much influence in this makes me think this will suck ass

Marvel/Sony better hope he doesn't pull a Haley Joel Osment or an Edward Furlong on them. I mean, you could contractually force him to stay in shape and out of trouble but you can't quite control genetics. I wonder if the studio looked at his parents/older siblings (if any) to see that he will at least grow to 5'11" in his later teens. If so, it would be kind of disturbing since it starts to sound like they are picking cattle but I guess that's the nature of the business.

Marvel/Sony better hope he doesn't pull a Haley Joel Osment or an Edward Furlong on them. I mean, you could contractually force him to stay in shape and out of trouble but you can't quite control genetics. I wonder if the studio looked at his parents/older siblings (if any) to see that he will at least grow to 5'11" in his later teens. If so, it would be kind of disturbing since it starts to sound like they are picking cattle but I guess that's the nature of the business.

he's 19.

I think they're basig the character more on the Ultimate Spiderman version. Ultimate Peter Parker was always drawn as tiny and skinny in comparison to every other superpowered character.

Look here for example...
23m91zn.jpg

Now, given that they've cast a Peter that's so young, I may suggest to the Power That Be that the perfect age appropiate Mary Jane Watson would be Molly C. Quinn, from Castle.

I'd be down with that. They'll get someone that looks as young as him though, and turn it into Baby Geniuses 3.

so they are going to recast for adult Peter Parker (assuming this whole thing makes it that far in)? I mean you can get around the height thing with camera angles (ask his future co-star Robert Downey Jr. or Tom Cruise) but 5'6" is a bit of a stretch, no? I guess they will cross that bridge if/when they get there.

what's your point? as someone quoted on this page, spider man can be short. He's a kid in certain versions, and even in his adult form he's not that tall either.

He is 5'6" as an adult? Really? My guess is that they actually wanted to get a kid actor (to keep him around for a while) but none of the kids worked so they went for an older actor who looks much younger, and they will worry about adult Spider-Man when they get there. I think this whole casting process has gone a lot longer than what both studios wanted and they needed to make a decision to keep everything on schedule. I guess they will worry about adult Spider-Man when they get there. I mean, for all we know both studios could part ways before it gets to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back