Spartacus

cigano

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Such a good show. Was re-watching a bit earlier.

What does this section of the 'dog make of it?

Great Show! with awesome quotes and characters:

mbIQ0HU.jpg

Words fall from your mouth as shit from ass

"These men are the words and will of Claudius Glaber"......

...."and what are you? his cock and balls?"

Spartacus may have the best first season of any show, ever.

I remember being here on Sherdog when it first came out, practically all of us were like 'Alright first episode, this will be a guilty pleasure to watch until it gets boring.'

Then by the 5th episode, it was an overwhelming 'This is one of the best fucking shows on TV!'

fwapped to Lucy Lawless many many times.

Would have been much better if Batiatus said it, turns out it was that blonde can that Batiatus had a rivalry with. It was wasted on him.

Spartacus may have the best first season of any show, ever.

Probably one of the worst, actually. Or at least uneven. The first four or so episodes are painfully awful. Like shit-tier awful. They did turn it around quite miraculously though, but as far as first impressions go, it's one of the worst from an otherwise very good show.

Probably one of the worst, actually. Or at least uneven. The first four or so episodes are painfully awful. Like shit-tier awful.

The season had a slow start, admittedly. Even Andy had to take a while to really get in character, and it took Liam the entire 3rd season to get in gear.

But when the show got in gear, from the 4th-5th episode until the end of the 2nd season, some of the best damn TV ever.

Probably one of the worst, actually. Or at least uneven. The first four or so episodes are painfully awful. Like shit-tier awful. They did turn it around quite miraculously though, but as far as first impressions go, it's one of the worst from an otherwise very good show.
BooThisMan.gif
aaron-paul-boo-bitch.gif

The season had a slow start, admittedly. Even Andy had to take a while to really get in character, and it took Liam the entire 3rd season to get in gear.

But when the show got in gear, from the 4th-5th episode until the end of the 2nd season, some of the best damn TV ever.
tumblr_nydte4A5jp1trqhcko1_400.gif

I'll say it's one of the most dramatic turnarounds for any show I can think of. The shitty beginnings for me, really didn't have anything to do with people getting into character, or anything. It was just a terrible show. Melodramatic to a cringe-worthy level, and just cheap looking as all hell. It was straight up B-movie schlock. Then, something happened, and the writers and show runners realized it could be so much better, and got their shit together.

c4d0490fb61afcc0822ffbccf12de93ce6559a94.jpg

If I didn't already own the first two seasons on BluRay, I'd pick this up in a heartbeat.

I'll say it's one of the most dramatic turnarounds for any show I can think of. The shitty beginnings for me, really didn't have anything to do with people getting into character, or anything. It was just a terrible show. Melodramatic to a cringe-worthy level, and just cheap looking as all hell. It was straight up B-movie schlock. Then, something happened, and the writers and show runners realized it could be so much better, and got their shit together.

It takes a while for a good show to build up, just look at GoT.

That first episode of GoT was BAD. It was an introduction of over a dozen characters, you didn't know what was going on where over vast continents, and it, like Spartacus, started to get interesting a few episodes in.

Look at the last two seasons of GoT, when there's a few so-so episodes, they're building up to the awesome episodes.

Spartacus kept the ball rolling for awesome episodes far after it's three or four mediocre episodes at the beginning of the series, and that was far far worth it.

Back