Spartacus

Revisit the latter seasons. Yeah, it was weird at first. I turned a buddy of mine onto the show so it made it easier for me. Get drunk and watch Spartacus.

Bartiatus was a trip man...I missed him also.

Yea it was pretty hard for me especially because I went straight from season 1 to 2 and the character had changed. On top of that the dude was nearly as buff and if there is one thing I like with my Spartacus it's buff dudes.

A show as gratuitous and schlocky as Spartacus had no right to be as good as it was. Somehow managed to go from guilty pleasure to near God tier.

Might have got there if Andy hadn't died (RIP)

And let us not forget Good Solonius

3238eb98513e845231a6285b6fbd16da7cdf23a24f1a921be0db8bca615b76cd.jpg

Jesus Christ the fuck scenes

Jesus Christ the fuck scenes
The chick from Blue Bloods in GotA was phenomenal. Also the wife of Spartacus, but admittedly the show got way better after she died.

I just watched the prequel a few a weeks ago after a year hiatus after watching the series. I don't know why I had doubts of it not being good because that shit was epic. Gratuitous violence and nudity is something I can get behind.

Spartacus may have the best first season of any show, ever.

I remember being here on Sherdog when it first came out, practically all of us were like 'Alright first episode, this will be a guilty pleasure to watch until it gets boring.'

Then by the 5th episode, it was an overwhelming 'This is one of the best fucking shows on TV!'

You are exactly right.

This show was ludicrous until all of a sudden, I was riveted by the story.

The action kept being ludicrous but everything else was awesome.

Spartacus may have the best first season of any show, ever.

I remember being here on Sherdog when it first came out, practically all of us were like 'Alright first episode, this will be a guilty pleasure to watch until it gets boring.'

Then by the 5th episode, it was an overwhelming 'This is one of the best fucking shows on TV!'

That thread was fuckin hysterical. Non stop complaints about how shit it was for the first month and then all of sudden, "HOLY FUCK THIS SHIT IS UNREAL." That first season was some good shit though.

The first season was really that great. It's like that for a lot of shows though. I remember Dexter first season fucking killed it. When they show the typical scene of dexter in the blood crying but then show you the back and his brother is there to I was like "WTF!".

Very very few shows have a first season as great as Spartacus, Dexter, or Prison Break.

I enjoyed the 1st series, the second series was akin to getting acid poured into your eyes.

Very very few shows have a first season as great as Spartacus, Dexter, or Prison Break.

Never caught Prison Break. Always looked tempting but just never got around to it. Guess I need to do that eventually.

I loved this show. I just finished binge watching it on Netflix a couple of months ago. Epic.

As if 300 was a TV series.

The over the top fight scenes, fuck scenes, characters, brutality and dialogue. The fakeness and decadence portrayed by the Roman characters when they dealt with each other - Batiatus and his wife, Glaber and his wife, etc...) was actually really well done in portraying how ancient Rome seemed to be all about pomp, show and kissing ass.

The characters are phenomenal. Batiatus, Glaber, Spartacus, Crixus, Doctore(Oenemaus), Gannicus who is a fuckin badass banging every chick and killing every Roman around like a Boss. Ashur is such a weasel and a scumbag but he is soooo good at it.

Some really smoking hot chicks, Lucy Lawless and Glabers wife with their glorious racks. Crixus' chick Naevia from the first two seasons was an exotic goddess, the second one was pretty hot also. Seppia was fine as fuck. Spartacus' first wife and the freckled chick he started banging later.

It might not be the most well done TV series ever, but it is one of the most fun to watch. I don't think they can pull what they did off with many other TV shows, but when doing ancient Rome, you can go balls out(literally in this case).

Last edited:
Back