Spartacus

Epic show. Great stuff. Grand-scale drama told well, ridiculously fun over-the-top action scenes, and incredible breasts everywhere. Can't go wrong with that formula.

Real shame that the lead actor died right after the first season, he had a special energy no one could really replace, the flashback 2nd season was great, but it never felt the same when they came back for that 3rd season. Thanks Obama.

Blood rains down from an angry sky! My cock rages on!
Greatest tv show song of all time and Batiatus is one of the most entertaining characters ever (especially when raging).

Spartacus may have the best first season of any show, ever.

I remember being here on Sherdog when it first came out, practically all of us were like 'Alright first episode, this will be a guilty pleasure to watch until it gets boring.'

Then by the 5th episode, it was an overwhelming 'This is one of the best fucking shows on TV!'
Dexter season 1 > anything.

Got so much tail playing the show when i had gurls over at my place....good times.

It takes a while for a good show to build up, just look at GoT.

That first episode of GoT was BAD.

This is false. From the opening scene at The Wall, that show was gold. It balanced everything perfectly. I don't think you'll find too many who would agree with you.

It was an introduction of over a dozen characters, you didn't know what was going on where over vast continents, and it, like Spartacus, started to get interesting a few episodes in.

Unlike Spartacus, it didn't look like shit, and the acting wasn't hammy. GOT built up everything perfectly. Whereas Spartacus had little to no direction in it's first few episodes, and was objectively a terrible show.

Look at the last two seasons of GoT, when there's a few so-so episodes, they're building up to the awesome episodes.

A so-so episode to me, isn't one where there isn't a high body count. A so-so episode to me, is a lot of episodes from season 5, where there is nothing but action and death, but it wasn't built up properly, so you don't give a shit.

Spartacus kept the ball rolling for awesome episodes far after it's three or four mediocre episodes at the beginning of the series, and that was far far worth it.

Spartacus was good, but was in no way top tier like similar shows, like GOT and the first season of Rome. Spartacus was pure exploitation, with decent enough writing and acting to make it more of the sum of it's parts. In no way was it on the same level of the best of the best though.

I also liked that episdoe with that gladitor with the giant dick no homo

Where else do you get to see the muff of Ra's Al Ghuls daughter?

I loved that show. The ultimate in bromances: first between Spartacus and his blonde buddy Varo (or wherever) followed by Spartacus and Crixus.

blood and sand was the best.

Spartacus and crixus were like gladiator versions of goku and vegeta

Really enjoyed the first season. Never saw the last one in whole.

Yea, they only made it because Andy got sick, I didn't watch the seasons after Andy, just wasn't the same.

Revisit the latter seasons. Yeah, it was weird at first. I turned a buddy of mine onto the show so it made it easier for me. Get drunk and watch Spartacus.

Bartiatus was a trip man...I missed him also.

Revisit the latter seasons. Yeah, it was weird at first. I turned a buddy of mine onto the show so it made it easier for me. Get drunk and watch Spartacus.

Bartiatus was a trip man...I missed him also.
I saw the first 2 episodes of Vengeance and couldn't get into it, I'll give it another chance, it's been about 4 years now.

Spartacus may have the best first season of any show, ever.

I remember being here on Sherdog when it first came out, practically all of us were like 'Alright first episode, this will be a guilty pleasure to watch until it gets boring.'

Then by the 5th episode, it was an overwhelming 'This is one of the best fucking shows on TV!'

The first season was really that great. It's like that for a lot of shows though. I remember Dexter first season fucking killed it. When they show the typical scene of dexter in the blood crying but then show you the back and his brother is there to I was like "WTF!".

Back