Spacetime throws a soft kick, POST shin/instep injury.

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't kick better than this for the moment. It's with the leg/foot that blew up (both instep and shin). I could only do a few as well.

My browser didn't allow editing the clip so I shot it a second time. Peace.

Last edited:
try to do a longer clip. your speed wasnt actually bad.

Recorded on a potato.

You look poor

Not bad at all. Need to see a better video.

Not bad at all. Need to see a better video.

Thanks. Ultra HD coming up next. Quality got fucked by shooting my laptop screen displaying the clip, because editing the clip from warm-ups was messy.

A lot of TKD guys have a bad habit of admiring their kick after they throw it, instead of bringing it back in getting it on the ground.

A lot of TKD guys have a bad habit of admiring their kick after they throw it, instead of bringing it back in getting it on the ground.

Well I'm not kicking anyone as you may notise, so I can show off a bit. Exhibiting body control is important to Taekwondo. Very particular and technical about the kicks. It's not just slaping your foot up in the air. If you don't land with control, your point is reduced no matter how good of a blow it was. And if you fall over, it's 0 points. Same with evaluating forms.

Well I'm not kicking anyone as you may notise, so I can show off a bit. Exhibiting body control is important to Taekwondo. Very particular and technical about the kicks. It's not just slaping your foot up in the air. If you don't land with control, your point is reduced no matter how good of a blow it was. And if you fall over, it's 0 points. Same with evaluating forms.

You're not showing body control, you're showing lack of body control. Why are you standing on one leg for like 3 seconds after the kick?

What I see -- as a former TMA kicker -- is an invitation to just plain eliminate you in any style anyone wants. Grapplers will take you down, MT guys will sweep you, boxers will punch you because you can't move, etc.

It's not a good habit unless you're trying out for movies or something where they want to see whatever you're talking about.

You asked me to comment on it in another thread; that's what I see.

You're not showing body control, you're showing lack of body control. Why are you standing on one leg for like 3 seconds after the kick?

What I see -- as a former TMA kicker -- is an invitation to just plain eliminate you in any style anyone wants. Grapplers will take you down, MT guys will sweep you, boxers will punch you because you can't move, etc.

QUOTE]

Are you contextually blind?

Why did you ask me to comment on your kick? .

I shouldn't have. Go critique a boxers stance against a NAKMUAY or grappler. You clearly take me for a fucking idiot. Yeah I keep standing on one leg when sparring. Absolutely. I also use that high stance against a wrestler:rolleyes:

Nevermind

You clearly take me for a fucking idiot.

Yes.

Edit: Ugh, I shouldn't, but I'll keep going. There is no advantage to holding your leg up for a balance check like that. It's a bad habit in ALL styles unless you're competing in forms or whatever you're going on about. It's actually more physically demanding and difficult to properly retract your kick, AND you fight the way you train.

Why did you ask me to comment on your kick? Any retard can throw a side kick. You look absolutely gorgeous and powerful, like a lithe tiger.

Light and fast on his feet but strong and powerful in his attacks. Wise beyond his years yet youthfull and full of energy with fluffy reflexes. Spacetime the eternal fluffball warrior princess :D

Yes.

Edit: Ugh, I shouldn't, but I'll keep going. There is no advantage to holding your leg up for a balance check like that. It's a bad habit in ALL styles unless you're competing in forms or whatever you're going on about. It's actually more physically demanding and difficult to properly retract your kick, AND you fight the way you train.

<{anton}>

Yes.

Spacetime has no worries than

LMAO. Bruce Lee does the same leg retraction thing people bash me here for Only a retard would do that in a fight/sparring, but I like to double check my own control of the motions in forms. People have their own rituals.

8:21

Last edited:
LMAO. Bruce Lee does the same leg retraction thing people bash me here for .only a retard would do that in a fight/sparring, but I like to double check my own control of the motions in forms. People have their own rituals.

8:21

Only thing he said about it was "Exaggerate pulling of the leg back, make it look much more faster and more force full." nothing about using it to check anything. Hes teaching a student in the clip so unless you're learning to do the kick and need to remember to not drop your leg i wouldn't suggest it.

As well the end clip is of him and one of his students James Coburn who is also an actor doing a private session. The commentary isnt for a DVD type thing its for Coburn himself. Basically getting tips from his coach. Lee is teaching an untrained man how to remember to retract his kick, not the best comparison for you. Even i think youre more advanced than Coburn in the clip

Back