Spacetime throws a soft kick, POST shin/instep injury.

Why don't show yourself how to throw a rear leg sidekick. You were better than me as a white belt. It should be a piece of cake.

Because people who are better than me have already made good instructional videos on youtube.

It's the same technique. I am just using more leverage since the kick is higher. It's a difference in degree.

Wrong. What you're doing is shown at 3:35 - 4:00 in the video I've posted above. You're leaning too far back with your body laid out flat and your back facing the target. This is a sign of poor flexibility in your hips & legs, among other things. Stop posting, watch & study the video, and go practice until your kicks look like his.

Wrong. What you're doing is shown at 3:35 - 4:00 in the video I've posted above. You're leaning too far back with your body laid out flat and your back facing the target. This is a sign of poor flexibility in your hips & legs, among other things. Stop posting, watch & study the video, and go practice until your kicks look like his.

GSPs hips are closed as well in that shot. If he aimed for a high kick he would do the same bakwards lean ( which is not uncommon) . I don't need that heavy lean if I do routine stretching and aim lower. But the lean itself is not wrong.

Ginger Ninja is NOT an authority on what can and cannot be part of Taekwondo.

Last edited:
@spacetime are you okay man. I never said that... i know nothing about proper side kicking so i wouldn't comment on it. maybe you should learn from that broski.

What gets me is you would have to quote @aerius then go in and type my username...why?
tenor.gif

Thanks. Ultra HD coming up next. Quality got fucked by shooting my laptop screen displaying the clip, because editing the clip from warm-ups was messy.
Why did you RECORD A LAPTOP SCREEN instead of uploading the clip itself?!
What kind of clip-ception is this?!

GSPs hips are closed as well in that shot. If he aimed for a high kick he would do the same bakwards lean ( which is not uncommon) . I don't need that heavy lean if I do routine stretching and aim lower. But the lean itself is not wrong.

If you can't or refuse to see the difference between this:
Ivivva--Ashlyn%20Spiral%2C%20Ice%20in%20Paradise.jpg

Which is what you're doing

And this:
316_michael_bisping_vs_georges_st_pierre-jpg.334481

You are too ignorant to have a meaningful discussion with.

Yes.

Edit: Ugh, I shouldn't, but I'll keep going. There is no advantage to holding your leg up for a balance check like that. It's a bad habit in ALL styles unless you're competing in forms or whatever you're going on about. It's actually more physically demanding and difficult to properly retract your kick, AND you fight the way you train.

Holding the leg up in the air sometimes is quite useful in preparing for kick check and acting as an ostacle (as in the video) against agressive forward fighter in my experience.
Holding it up too much opens oneself up to be swept though

Holding the leg up in the air sometimes is quite useful in preparing for kick check and acting as an ostacle (as in the video) against agressive forward fighter in my experience.
Holding it up too much opens oneself up to be swept though

Im guessing you're talking more of a muay thai context with round kicks to the body in which case you're right sometimes it can be effective especially when you're efficient with your knees. In the video he posted what seemed like a high rear side kick to the head which if held in a chambered position wouldn't really help especially with an agressive fighter. imho. i dont know much at all about taekwondo but i wouldn't think any high kick held chambered would be advantageous

Im guessing you're talking more of a muay thai context with round kicks to the body in which case you're right sometimes it can be effective especially when you're efficient with your knees. In the video he posted what seemed like a high rear side kick to the head which if held in a chambered position wouldn't really help especially with an agressive fighter. imho. i dont know much at all about taekwondo but i wouldn't think any high kick held chambered would be advantageous

In sparring it either "sticks" or I let it go naturally.

Stick= get's stuck in their guard or connects in some way shape or form. I never aim the head with a rear leg sidekick. That would be savage.

i thought you were referring to round kicks. I mean people catch and sweep linear kicks all the time its probably safer to train with quick retraction. like people are saying you fight the way you train

i thought you were referring to round kicks. I mean people catch and sweep linear kicks all the time its probably safer to train with quick retraction. like people are saying you fight the way you train

TKD rules do not allow leg catches or Sweeps. and no I don't fight the way I train. Some parts are kept, some modified.

Back