Spacetime throws a soft kick, POST shin/instep injury.

Round kicks can be thrown either way. It's up to the kicker whether he's a pussy foot tagger or a "blaster". I'm a blaster

I was referring to the kick being held chambered in which case you don't practice holding the chamber in MT...sweeps and catches which you already cleared up don't happen in TKD so i guess its w.e then

Once again just a mix up of styles my bad, in my head i refer everything to MT.

.View attachment 335145

Still, good luck catching explosive kicks thrust at you full speed. Your brain is too ouccupied trying to protect itself and the force is too much.

I mean that some throw their roundhouses driving through the target, while others "slap". I drive through the target.

Still, good luck catching explosive kicks thrust at you full speed. Your brain is too ouccupied trying to protect itself and the force is too much.

I mean that some throw their roundhouses driving through the target, while others "slap". I drive through the target.

I know what you mean thais tend to drive through but youre not trained to just stand there and wrap your arm around it. You side step away and your arm comes around it as it comes in, regardless how hard you throw it it should lessen the power enough to catch and then sweep or dump w.e

My coach brought up a good point which is its illegal to strike the back of the head. It isnt illega to dump your opponent which usually reults in the back of the head hitting the canvas with all their weight on it...no thank you

*reffering to round kicks only here*

I know what you mean thais tend to drive through but youre not trained to just stand there and wrap your arm around it. You side step away and your arm comes around it as it comes in, regardless how hard you throw it it should lessen the power enough to catch and then sweep or dump w.e

My coach brought up a good point which is its illegal to strike the back of the head. It isnt illega to dump your opponent which usually reults in the back of the head hitting the canvas with all their weight on it...no thank you

*reffering to round kicks only here*

There's risks involved in anything you do. Jon Jones Koed Cormier by throwing countless mid section kicks that Cormier blocked by crunching down, then Jones switched and went for the head, which Cormier didn't expect

There's risks involved in anything you do. Jon Jones Koed Cormier by throwing countless mid section kicks that Cormier blocked by crunching down, then Jones switched and went for the head, which Cormier didn't expect

Very true. Maybe he should have caught and swept ;)

GSPs hips are closed as well in that shot. If he aimed for a high kick he would do the same bakwards lean ( which is not uncommon) . I don't need that heavy lean if I do routine stretching and aim lower. But the lean itself is not wrong.

Ginger Ninja is NOT an authority on what can and cannot be part of Taekwondo.
can't kick high without leaning back a bit. it provides the balance.

Back