Some Mass college's librarians say wishing "Merry Christmass" or "God Bless You" = Islamophobic

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/0...tians-who-say-god-bless-are-islamophobic.html

If you’ve ever wished someone a “Merry Christmas” or said “God bless you” when someone sneezes, you’ve committed an act of “Islamomisic microaggressions,” according to college librarians at a Massachusetts college.

The Anti-Oppression Library Guide at Simmons College in Boston is a collaborative effort among the school’s librarians, reported CampusReform.org.

“Islamomisic Microaggressions are commonplace verbal or behavioral indignities, whether intentional or unintentional, which communicates hostile, derogatory, or negative slights in relation to the beliefs and religious practices of Muslims,” the librarians argue. “They are structurally based and invoke oppressive systems of religious/Christian hierarchy.”

A spokesperson told Fox News the guide is not a policy of Simmons College.

-

And look at this duesy of a dung heap.

The page features a TED talk by Melissa Boigon, where she said Islamophobia has turned into a fear of Arabs and not Islam itself. Boigon stated there is nothing “violent or anti-American” about sharia law.

“Islam is a religion of peace,” Boigon said.
“Muslims did not kill Americans on 9/11. A very small extremist group that can barely gain any footing, even in the most conservative Muslim circles committed heinous crimes on 9/11. Islam is a religion of peace.”

The guide also links to the Council on American-Islamic Relations, which lists Fox News Channel as an “Islamophobic Organization.”

-

Islam is anything but a religion of Peace. This outright lie keeps being perpetuated by liberals. Nothing wrong with hating Islam. If hating fascism and White supremacy is good and proper then so is hating Islam.

Fuck Islam.

First and foremost we need to end the aggression towards left-handers. It's offensive that the word "right" also means "correct".

Fuck Islam.

First and foremost we need to end the aggression towards left-handers. It's offensive that the word "right" also means "correct".
As a leftie I agree!!! End the marginalization of left handed people!! We're sick of living in this right-normative world!!!!

As a leftie I agree!!! End the marginalization of left handed people!! We're sick of living in this right-normative world!!!!

Never enough of the right correct desks and scissors. Don't get me started on baseball gloves. :mad:

Meh. Sometimes language should change, but finding derogatory meaning in phrases on behalf of groups that aren't even the object of those phrases is truly stupid.

Never enough of the right correct desks and scissors. Don't get me started on baseball gloves. :mad:
What's funny is that these arguments could literally actually be used by the far left. 10% of the population is left handed. That's a minority. Most of the world is set up for right handed people. I'm being marginalized!!! Reee!!! I want reparations!! Reeee!!! I want equal employment opportunities for lefties!!! Reeee!! I'm a victim!! Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ej7KUj.gif

So who knew that 100 or 200 years ago when Americans were wishing people "Merry Christmas" and "God Bless You", they were really just exercising microaggressions against non-existent Muslims.

What's funny is that these arguments could literally actually be used by the far left. 10% of the population is left handed.

Absolutely. It's as discriminatory as not accommodating someone with a physical disability.

Islam has no place in the west, simple.

But on this occasion this minority doesn't represent the vast majority so I don't think it needs much attention.

Just like a few who want Christmas banned, 90% of Muslims in the West say it's ridiculous.

"Islamomisic microagressions". <Huh2>

Spoken like a true Islamopheliac.

As a Lefties I also agree. Makes me want to put on a black mask, grab a few banners, couple of bike locks and go burn some shit.

I'm honestly beginning to rethink my fandom of these guys over all the weird shit coming out of Mass colleges.....

im so sick of this shit. not everyone has to celebrate Christmas and thats fine but acting like theres some problem with our own cultural holidays are somehow racist or exclusive because not everyone celebrates them really grinds my gears

doesnt matter what religion you are or arent either if you are offended by someone wishing you merry or happy whatever holiday you are an insufferable cunt and should invest in a sharp razor blade

P.s.
Im not saying everyone who is islamic should leave but if you are islamic and in a nonislamic country and the customs bothers you perhaps you are in the wrong Fn country

Back