Some Mass college's librarians say wishing "Merry Christmass" or "God Bless You" = Islamophobic

"Not inclusive" is a really broad frame of mind. There is the kind of cultural chauvinism that the Roy Moore types display and then there is the average American who says Merry Christmas or God Bless you, without having any sort of maliciousness behind it. I don't support having "In God We Trust " on money or the government having prayer services etc.. but some critics of Christian culture take things too dam far. Like that recent incident with Chris Pratt praying for whatshisname.

I agree with most of what you are saying, especially that there isn't a maliciousness to Merry Christmas, but still, it isn't inclusive for the folks who are serious about their non-Christian religions. And as I said in my first post, the whole war on Christmas is massively overblown by militant types like Bill O'Reilly, etc., who can't handle anyone in America expressing an opinion he doesn't like. There certainly are militant and belligerent atheists as well who take things too far, but the amount of political power they have is irrelevant, whereas someone like Mike Pence is the VP so Christians need to get a grip.

I haven't met a liberal in real life that even gives a shit about merry Christmas or any of this garbage. Who are these people?

I've spent two Xmas's in Islamic countries, I don't recall anybody being offended like in the remote slightest.....

perhaps I wasn't paying attention?

I don't know about all that, but I have met old people who say "Merry Christmas" In an extremely aggressive way.

I agree with most of what you are saying, especially that there isn't a maliciousness to Merry Christmas, but still, it isn't inclusive for the folks who are serious about their non-Christian religions. And as I said in my first post, the whole war on Christmas is massively overblown by militant types like Bill O'Reilly, etc., who can't handle anyone in America expressing an opinion he doesn't like. There certainly are militant and belligerent atheists as well who take things too far, but the amount of political power they have is irrelevant, whereas someone like Mike Pence is the VP so Christians need to get a grip.
I don't see how non-Christians could be offended by what is rather innocuous Christian traditions.

I don't see Japan doing away with Shinto traditions because non-Shintoists are offended, or Israel doing away with Jewish traditions because non-Jews are offended or Saudi and many Muslim countries doing away with Islamic traditions because non-Muslims are offended or India doing away with Hindu traditions because non-Hindus are offended. My point is that if all these non-Christians can express their religious traditions in lands they are dominant in but some of those that emigrate to the West have a problem with the Western world keeping some Christian traditions then these folks shouldn't come here. I can understand the criticism coming from African Americans or Amerindians but anyone else is just being self-centered.

I mean really if people think "Merry Christmas" and "God Bless You" are triggering them so much that they want to stop people saying it to others, then the problem is really with them. My mom says "God Bless you" occasionally to folks she strikes up a friendly rapport with; it's just meant as a kind gesture.

I don't know about all that, but I have met old people who say "Merry Christmas" In an extremely aggressive way.
Depends on context. A few people could say it/mean it in a way to annoy people. While others mean no harm.

I don't see how non-Christians could be offended by what is rather innocuous Christian traditions.

I don't see Japan doing away with Shinto traditions because non-Shintoists are offended, or Israel doing away with Jewish traditions because non-Jews are offended or Saudi and many Muslim countries doing away with Islamic traditions because non-Muslims are offended or India doing away with Hindu traditions because non-Hindus are offended. My point is that if all these non-Christians can express their religious traditions in lands they are dominant in but some of those that emigrate to the West have a problem with the Western world keeping some Christian traditions then these folks shouldn't come here. I can understand the criticism coming from African Americans or Amerindians but anyone else is just being self-centered.

I mean really if people think "Merry Christmas" and "God Bless You" are triggering them so much that they want to stop people saying it to others, then the problem is really with them. My mom says "God Bless you" occasionally to folks she strikes up a friendly rapport with; it's just meant as a kind gesture.

Dude, nobody is talking about America "doing away with Christian traditions," or not allowing Christians to "express their religious traditions." As I said, the "war on Christmas" is a massively overblown right wing straw man. But yeah, of course, some non Christian people are going to be offended, or put off, or weirded out when someone wishes them a Merry Christmas. The point of that librarians' post (and it wasn't the main or only point) was to inform college kids that their assumptions of their religious and cultural traditions being the norm was flawed, it is not like they were calling for people who say Merry Christmas to be expelled or anything. The point was to be an educated person, and to not to be a mouth breather and wish Muslim students a Merry Christmas, because at its foundation Christmas is a religious holiday, and some people take their religion seriously.

And people come to the US for opportunity, and are not going to stop coming out of fear that someone will wish them a Merry Christmas.:rolleyes: And if you want to play the first people here card, let's not forget that Christmas celebrations were culturally taboo, and even illegal, in early Puritan America, and that "The Plymouth Pilgrims put their loathing for the day into practice in 1620 when they spent their first Christmas Day in the New World building their first structure in the New World – thus demonstrating their complete contempt for the day."

I liked this post cause I found the sarcasm amusing, then I saw who else liked it and while your post is amusing, I do not want my name next to theirs. It is just gross, cause I know they think you are serious.

Last edited:
So who knew that 100 or 200 years ago when Americans were wishing people "Merry Christmas" and "God Bless You", they were really just exercising microaggressions against non-existent Muslims.

Why are those librarians speaking in behalf of Moslems.

Its like they themselves addmit that Moslems are intolerant.

My Muslim boss threw a a Christmas party for us the other Muslim employee gave me Christmass gifts greeted me back Merry Christmass when I said to them happy holidays.

They are actually excited about Christmass. I think its time for people to stop being offended for someone.

My dad is a Sunni Muslim and he hates hearing Happy Holidays over Merry Christmas. In his mind he figures it was more to appease the Jews since he sees no issue in celebrating Jesus as a Muslim as he's also considered a prophet in Islam.

So for him Happy Holidays is the microaggression, not the other way around.

He shouls stop his Anti Semetic ways!!!

I liked this post cause I found the sarcasm amuzing, then I saw who else liked it and while your post is amusing, I do not want my name next to theirs. It is just gross, cause I know they think you are serious.
I play a very dangerous game

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/0...tians-who-say-god-bless-are-islamophobic.html

If you’ve ever wished someone a “Merry Christmas” or said “God bless you” when someone sneezes, you’ve committed an act of “Islamomisic microaggressions,” according to college librarians at a Massachusetts college.

The Anti-Oppression Library Guide at Simmons College in Boston is a collaborative effort among the school’s librarians, reported CampusReform.org.

“Islamomisic Microaggressions are commonplace verbal or behavioral indignities, whether intentional or unintentional, which communicates hostile, derogatory, or negative slights in relation to the beliefs and religious practices of Muslims,” the librarians argue. “They are structurally based and invoke oppressive systems of religious/Christian hierarchy.”

A spokesperson told Fox News the guide is not a policy of Simmons College.

-

And look at this duesy of a dung heap.

The page features a TED talk by Melissa Boigon, where she said Islamophobia has turned into a fear of Arabs and not Islam itself. Boigon stated there is nothing “violent or anti-American” about sharia law.

“Islam is a religion of peace,” Boigon said.
“Muslims did not kill Americans on 9/11. A very small extremist group that can barely gain any footing, even in the most conservative Muslim circles committed heinous crimes on 9/11. Islam is a religion of peace.”

The guide also links to the Council on American-Islamic Relations, which lists Fox News Channel as an “Islamophobic Organization.”

-

Islam is anything but a religion of Peace. This outright lie keeps being perpetuated by liberals. Nothing wrong with hating Islam. If hating fascism and White supremacy is good and proper then so is hating Islam.
So I guess all the Libby’s shit canned there coexist bumper stickers...lol

I don’t think uber progressives realize just how much they do to harm there own “causes” ....

It’s like they sit in room and brainstorm ideas on what can be the newest/creative way to be offended by something.

I like how the Muslims got angry at the Christians for talking about a pagan celebration neither cares to actually educate themselves on. The foolish irony is like butter. Gotta love when the pedo death cult gets offended.

I like how the Muslims got angry at the Christians for talking about a pagan celebration neither cares to actually educate themselves on. The foolish irony is like butter. Gotta love when the pedo death cult gets offended.
And I like how you didn't read the article, that you ignored that multiple people have confirmed that the Muslims they know actually say Merry Christmas to them first, including myself (I am a Muslim btw and I've said glædelig jul in real life, and merry christmas online multiple times), and that you spout your opinion in a manner as if it was factual. To top it off, you call Muslim death cultist, which would imply that Muslims all around the world, no matter their ages, occupation, political affiliation, are all a bunch of murderers. And let's not forget the pedo insult. On ignore you go, you muppet.

Edit: since ignoring someone removes the quote, my post was directed to the guy with the text saying "Kill me."

And I like how you didn't read the article, that you ignored that multiple people have confirmed that the Muslims they know actually say Merry Christmas first them, including myself (I am a Muslim btw), and that you spout your opinion in a manner as if it was factual. To top it off, you call Muslim death cultist, which would imply that Muslims all around the world, no matter their ages, occupation, political affiliation, are all a bunch of murderers. And let's not forget the pedo argument. On ignore you go, you muppet.

Edit: since ignoring someone removes the quote, my post was directed to the guy with the text saying "Kill me now."

Lol, and the taqiyya begins.

It's not my fault that your cult was founded by an illiterate pedophile warlord who created a faith that would see it's fulfillment in the shadow of swords making the entire world Islamic through domination, subjugation and murder.

It's also not my fault that you follow such barbaric stupidity. Only bitches do things like put people on ignore. You're adhering to the latest behavioral quirk of your faith, bitching and moaning about a lack of respect for your shitty ideas.

Back