Some Mass college's librarians say wishing "Merry Christmass" or "God Bless You" = Islamophobic

Also would like to add that everything i dont like I am now going to consider a racist micro aggression against me so you fuckers better get hip to what i like or you will all be bigots from here on out

Im not saying everyone who is islamic should leave but if you are islamic and in a nonislamic country and the customs bothers you perhaps you are in the wrong Fn country
Or learn to tolerate other shit.

I know there's always arguments that the western world needs to be tolerant of Islamic beliefs (to an extent) but I counter that to receive tolerance it's much like respect. Giving some yourself goes a long way to receiving some.

Simmons College? Looked it up, it is private and has like 2500 students. Look out though America, their librarians are going to wage a war on Christmas like the man with no name in a Fistful of Dollars.

th

Lol who cares what some random librarian says

Simmons College? Looked it up, it is private and has like 2500 students. Look out though America, their librarians are going to wage a war on Christmas like the man with no name in a Fistful of Dollars.

th
Movements start off small and snowball. This stupidity about not wishing "Merry Christmas" has been a feature of American liberalism for awhile now, because it is perceived as non inclusive.

Movements start off small and snowball. This stupidity about not wishing "Merry Christmas" has been a feature of American liberalism for awhile now, because it is perceived as non inclusive.

It isn't inclusive, of course it isn't (it is like when the lot attendant at the Columbus airport said "go Buckeyes," assuming I was a shit eating Ohio State fan), but the whole war on Christmas phobia is so overblown, but probably less so now that Bad Touch Bill O'Reilly is off the air.

It isn't inclusive, of course it isn't (it is like when the lot attendant at the Columbus airport said "go Buckeyes," assuming I was a shit eating Ohio State fan), but the whole war on Christmas phobia is so overblown, but probably less so now that Bad Touch Bill O'Reilly is off the air.
What's wrong in wishing Christians "Merry Christmass" ? I am agnostic and I do it. Even some Muslims do it. This is a majority Christian nation, so nothing wrong in shops and gov. officials displaying "Merry Christmass". Look at Muslim majority nations, they sure as heck do not entertain any notion that they shouldn't mention Muslim greetings.

Why don't Liberals have a problem with wishing Jews "Happy Hannukah", wishing Muslims "Eid Mubarack" and Hindus "Happy Diwali"

Who cares what they feel?

As countries host them they should be grateful , not against American tradition.

that's not a respectable immigrants.

That's a soldiers on foreign soil
fighting for change in the name of Islam

Like anyone gives a fuck about what the librarian thinks...

My muslim colleagues wished me a Merry Christmas last year.

“Islamomisic Microaggressions are commonplace verbal or behavioral indignities, whether intentional or unintentional, which communicates hostile, derogatory, or negative slights in relation to the beliefs and religious practices of Muslims,” the librarians argue. “They are structurally based and invoke oppressive systems of religious/Christian hierarchy.”
<{1-17}>

What's wrong in wishing Christians "Merry Christmass" ? I am agnostic and I do it. Even some Muslims do it. This is a majority Christian nation, so nothing wrong in shops and gov. officials displaying "Merry Christmass". Look at Muslim majority nations, they sure as heck do not entertain any notion that they shouldn't mention Muslim greetings.

Why don't Liberals have a problem with wishing Jews "Happy Hannukah", wishing Muslims "Eid Mubarack" and Hindus "Happy Diwali"

Exactly, you are agnostic, so you don't have a dog in the fight, Christmas is just about lights, trees, presents, and Charlie Brown. I personally don't care either, but let's be honest, it is isn't inclusive. The issue is for people who buy into a non Christian religious ideology being offended because of someone saying "merry birth of the messiah," when they don't think Jesus was the messiah, and they feel that their religion is being put down. On the flip side you have "Jesus is the reason for the season" folks who get upset because Christmas has become too secular, too commercial, too pagan, etc.,.

The point is that if you are an administrator, and you want to be fair and not be an "America is a Christian Nation" person, then you have to be cognizant that saying merry Christmas is a religious statement, even though you might not see it that way.

and?
say merry xmas right in their face and keep walking like a normal, functioning adult that isn't retarded

I got a kick out of how at my daughter's school you weren't allowed to say "Merry Christmas", there was a "winter assembly" and a "holiday tree" in the lobby, but the auditorium is turned into a Muslim prayer room every Friday. And I remember "Eid Mubarak" signs all over the walls when it was that time of year.

My dad is a Sunni Muslim and he hates hearing Happy Holidays over Merry Christmas. In his mind he figures it was more to appease the Jews since he sees no issue in celebrating Jesus as a Muslim as he's also considered a prophet in Islam.

So for him Happy Holidays is the microaggression, not the other way around.

Back