Solution to the UFC cutting Khabib's guy

dipstickjimmy

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Zubaira Tukhugov was supposed to fight Artem Lobov but the UFC has pulled that fight. Dana has stated that he has/will be cut. We all know Artem is only in the UFC because Conor wants him to be and even Artem admitted he should be cut based on merit. Now Khabib has thrown down an ultimatum to the UFC, if they cut Zubaira then he goes as well.

How can the UFC go back on their word regarding cutting Zubaira? I have a simple solution that will satisfy Khabib and his team while benefiting the UFC and ratings for the Halifax card.

Tukhugov vs Lobov goes ahead as planned with an added stipulation that whoever loses is cut and whoever wins gets another fight in the UFC. They can promote that off of the Brawl coverage in the mainstream media. They can have both teams agree to let these two fighters settle all of the bad blood and end it in the Octagon. I think despite being a major "Pro Wrasslin" gimmick it would be appropriate in this case. Its a win win for the UFC and both camps can't disagree as they have to back "Their Guy".

Would this make you care more about that fight the you did prior to UFC 229? Would you make sure to watch if they went ahead with this?

Thats a possible solution but I dont think they care that much. Connor sells and Khabib does not so the UFC will do whats in their best interest reguardless of whats fair.

Thats a possible solution but I dont think they care that much. Connor sells and Khabib does not so the UFC will do whats in their best interest reguardless of whats fair.
Conor just lost his selling power and Khabib is an international star.

Nice try sleeper white belt

Lol ofc your a white belt. You think the UFC will just let their undefeated LW champion leave just like that , after a beating he did to their cashcow who casuals thought was "the best fighter ever"?

eh na, either let him stay or dont. wtf did Artem have to do with the brawl?

Lol ofc your a white belt. You think the UFC will just let their undefeated LW champion leave just like that , after a beating he did to their cashcow who casuals thought was "the best fighter ever"?
its not like a fighter hasnt left before after winning a belt

Fans of MMA want to see the champs fight.. Khabib is the current champ, so while he won't sell like Conor does, I believe people will definitely watch the guy defend his title and his undefeated record.

Tukhugov vs Lobov goes ahead as planned with an added stipulation that whoever loses is cut and whoever wins gets another fight in the UFC.
Then the UFC would abandon both principles.
If Tukhugov stays then they'd abandon the principle of cutting fighters for bad conduct.
If Artem stays they'd abandon the principe of cutting fighters for bad records.

But abandoning principles would be totally in line with the UFC's philosophy, so I guess it works. :D

Last edited:

Aww, thats cute. You think the UFC is some noble business who really gives a damn about whats fair. Look what they have done to fighters in the past and I can ASSURE you theydont give a damn if he is undefeated or not.

They should just make it a fatal 4 way tables ladders and chairs money in the bank slobberknocker...

Might as well make it an no rules match. In a barber wire hell in the cell.

Wait this feels like something ive seen before but i cant put my finger on it....

It's out of Dana's hands now, NSAC will decide faith of everyne included in the brawl.

As much as I'd like such stipulations in MMA just because they put more excitement into a fight, especially one as low level competition-wise as this one, I don't think this would be the fair way to go about. If Tukhugov gets fired, it should be for what he has done wrong last saturday. Someone who loses a fight to Artem Lobov will be cut anyway, that's always a stipulation when you fight a guy with that record in the UFC.

Conor just lost his selling power and Khabib is an international star.

Nice try sleeper white belt
You do not honestly believe that Conor just lost his selling power, do you? The guy's as much discussed right as know as he's been for the last 3-4 years. I'd guess his selling power right now is higher than it was in the months between the Poirier and Siver fight, and back then he was already considered the hottest thing in MMA. A guy with such buzz around him doesn't just lose his stock by losing, people are going to keep tuning in and watch his career progress.

What happened though is that Khabib's drawing power did indeed increase a lot. I think some are underestimating by how much, this will show when his next fight is up and the UFC is smart enough to pull all the strings to make him a name of his own detached from Conor McGregor. In Ferguson they'd even have the ideal opponent to do that. Dangerous, on a serious winning streak, exciting in the cage and a controversial character.

That's kind of weird though cause then the UFC would abandon both principles.
If Tukhugov stays then they'd abandon the principle of cutting fighters for bad conduct.
If Artem stays they'd abandon the principe of cutting fighters for bad records.

But abandoning principles would be totally in line with the UFC's philosophy, so I guess it works. :D
Your last line summed it up. They don't cut fighters for bad conduct...unless they want to. Paul Dayley & Jason High were cut. High specifically was cut for shoving a ref after being concussed and immediately apologizing. Conor jumps into a cage at the 2nd biggest promotion in N. America and attacks a ref and has zero remorse and gets nothing at all. No principle to abandon.

Artem is still in the UFC and based on Merit never should have been but he is Conor's buddy so he actually headlines a card. He currently has a below .500 record at 13-14-1-(1 NC), he was 11-10-1-(1NC) when he had his first fight in the UFC. He has never been more then 1 win over .500. He was eliminated in his first TUF fight but they made up a rule that the coach can bring back a fighter of his choosing. That has never been done before that I can recall? I know they have brought a fighter back after the two coaches and Dana voted on it but this one was all Conor's choice. Artem should never have been signed to the UFC based on merit and certainly should have been cut based on merit so again no principle to abandon.

eh na, either let him stay or dont. wtf did Artem have to do with the brawl?
I think it's the fact Artem has caused a lot of shit with the bus attack and that.

Tbh you can't let this fight go through unless neither team has a corner or people like conor/khabib there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back