So why Romero?

Haven’t Jacare and Weidman had enough recovery time from their surgeries?

Kelvin is coming off a win over the former champ.

Romero is coming off a loss. Why does he get the title shot eliminator?

why cause he said yes to fighting half way around the world on shot notice.

cause romero is the #2 MW only below Whittaker who is injured.

Would have loved to see Weidman/Rockhold rematch but can't really argue with Romero getting it, had a close fight with the champ and hadn't lost prior to that since 2011.

Title shots off losses is the trend the last couple years.

He’s coming off a stoppage loss to Whittaker (whereas Romero lost a close descision) as well as already losing (albeit a close) split descision to Romero.

Since losing to Romero he’s beaten Belfort and boetsch (then stopped by Whittaker).

Romero has beaten Weidman, who is a higher ranked opponent than those two, and who has beaten Belfort recently anyway, then lost a close one to Whittaker (not lost by stoppage).
Descision rematch Vs stoppage loss rematch.

Kelvin?

Would have loved to see Weidman/Rockhold rematch but can't really argue with Romero getting it, had a close fight with the champ and hadn't lost prior to that since 2011.

I hear that, but he’s getting the title eliminator coming off an L.....

All of this talk about Romero and no one's mentioning who replaces him Vs. David Branch.

Don't hinder the Branch.

Haven’t Jacare and Weidman had enough recovery time from their surgeries?

Kelvin is coming off a win over the former champ.

Romero is coming off a loss. Why does he get the title shot eliminator?

Because he lost a close SD for the title after going on one of the best streaks in MW history. Weidman? Jacare? Yoel beat both those guys.

what did i miss, is he fighting rockhold now?

Weidman 1-3 in his last 4. Kelvins coming off a win, but was recently dominated by Weidman so why get a shot if Chris doesn't deserve one yet? Why not Romero then. Lost a close one to the now current champ, and was dicked around from a shot at Bisping that everyone knew he deserved.

Because he lost a close SD for the title after going on one of the best streaks in MW history. Weidman? Jacare? Yoel beat both those guys.

But still, he had his shot and came up short. And he’s coming off an L. Shouldn’t you at least have to win a fight before a TS or title eliminator? Chris and Jacare are both coming off W’s.

Weidman 1-3 in his last 4. Kelvins coming off a win, but was recently dominated by Weidman so why get a shot if Chris doesn't deserve one yet? Why not Romero then. Lost a close one to the now current champ, and was dicked around from a shot at Bisping that everyone knew he deserved.

Maybe I’m old fashioned, but I think you should be coming off a W to get a TS or title eliminator. I think chris vs. Rockhold rematch was the fight to make.

If you’re factoring in past performance, chris actually held and defended the title.

Losing by one round to Whittaker is still better than whatever Weidman has done recently.

weidmans trainer told they will copy some stuff from khabibs fighting style in the cage to bring weidman forward.

Back