So why Romero?

Cuz ghey Jeezus wants some of this

zzaQkUn.jpg

giphy.gif

weidmans trainer told they will copy some stuff from khabibs fighting style in the cage to bring weidman forward.

Weidman is still elite. He was competitive in both those fights against Rockhold and Romero.

Because Michael Bisping screwed him over for 1.5 years. He deserves these multiple interim title shots, it's been a long time coming.

Maybe I’m old fashioned, but I think you should be coming off a W to get a TS or title eliminator. I think chris vs. Rockhold rematch was the fight to make.

If you’re factoring in past performance, chris actually held and defended the title.
I get you, and would even agree with Chris getting a shot at his belt back right away had he not lost his first(then second) fight back after losing to Rockhold. Just feel like he should patch another win or two together before being thrown back into the title mix. Otherwise it'll be like saying those 3 tko losses in a row didnt mean anything so long as he won his next fight.

If it were up to me, I'd say he should have to go on a win streak longer than his last losing streak (so go 4-3) before getting another crack at the belt, or at least just match that by getting 3 Ws together in a row. I know that's not exactly how it is in the UFC though, since there are other factors that go into things.

Hell we're all talking about Yoel, Chris, Kelvin, Jacare stepping in and what not, but Brunson actually wouldn't have a terrible claim if he were the one to step in and take the fight. Highest ranked MW with at least a two fight win streak I believe.

Of course lol. Stipe/Ngannou has become my most hyped fight so far, though, taking the title from DC/Oezdemir. I'm scared DC is just gonna wrestlefuck Oezdemir though.
yeah im worried too - ive become a big volkan fan tho so i hope he pulls it off and he shocks the world.

I get you, and would even agree with Chris getting a shot at his belt back right away had he not lost his first(then second) fight back after losing to Rockhold. Just feel like he should patch another win or two together before being thrown back into the title mix. Otherwise it'll be like saying those 3 tko losses in a row didnt mean anything so long as he won his next fight.

If it were up to me, I'd say he should have to go on a win streak longer than his last losing streak (so go 4-3) before getting another crack at the belt, or at least just match that by getting 3 Ws together in a row. I know that's not exactly how it is in the UFC though, since there are other factors that go into things.

Hell we're all talking about Yoel, Chris, Kelvin, Jacare stepping in and what not, but Brunson actually wouldn't have a terrible claim if he were the one to step in and take the fight. Highest ranked MW with at least a two fight win streak I believe.

True. Brunson had a good year as well.

But still, he had his shot and came up short. And he’s coming off an L. Shouldn’t you at least have to win a fight before a TS or title eliminator? Chris and Jacare are both coming off W’s.

Nope... Jacare is coming off an L to Whittaker. Weidman is like 1-3 in his last four with his only win being over an undersized Kelvin. That should count for something. By your logic it doesn't matter how you've been doing in the last few years as long as you have a W in your last fight. Romero is higher up than them in the division's hierarchy... simple as that.

Romero’s last loss was to whittaker as well. He’s coming off an L to the same guy.
wasn't a quick stoppage like Jacare's loss to Whittaker was, and Romero has a win over Jacare too.

Nope... Jacare is coming off an L to Whittaker. Weidman is like 1-3 in his last four with his only win being over an undersized Kelvin. That should count for something. By your logic it doesn't matter how you've been doing in the last few years as long as you have a W in your last fight. Romero is higher up than them in the division's hierarchy... simple as that.

Yah that’s a mistake on my part. Jacare lost to whitaker as well. I meant to say Kelvin. But even still, Jacare’s last loss is to the same guy that beat Romero.

This is a “what have you done lately” sport. MMA fans have short memories. A TS or title eliminator coming off an L is bullshit.

Don’t get me wrong, I love gay jesus vs. rocksalt. But let’s be honest, the UFC doesn’t always book what we want.

Chris is coming off a win, and a rematch vs Rockhold is a compelling fight.

At the end of the day, Romero had his crack at the champ, and he came up short.

Jacare is fresh off surgery, and his last loss was to Bobby knux as well, so he has as much of a claim as Romero.

Jacare got slept by Whittaker and Weidman by Yoel. Whittaker and Yoel had a good fight. Yoel makes the most sense. Neither Weidman nor Jacare would sell as well as Romero, so you're wrong.

Chris vs Rockhold was a terrible fight there would NOT be a ton of interest in that. Jacare although qualified is not a draw and isn't fresh in anyone's mind.

because Bisping and GSP screwed him out of a title. if the baldfather had given him a title shot like he said then Romero would have KTFO'd Ping and he would have fought, young lion, Whittaker later on

I like this fight. Been wanting Rockhold - Romero for a while. Top 2 contenders... Make sense.

Yah that’s a mistake on my part. Jacare lost to whitaker as well. I meant to say Kelvin. But even still, Jacare’s last loss is to the same guy that beat Romero.

This is a “what have you done lately” sport. MMA fans have short memories. A TS or title eliminator coming off an L is bullshit.

Well it is a rarity these days but the management made the right call and put a guy who is higher in the rankings in the title fight. I'm not going to complain about that. Romero should have been given his title shot 2 fights before his interim fight with Whitaker and when it did happen he was up there in age; he was shafted by the promotion and this is them somewhat making it right.

Coming off a win or a loss shouldn't always be the definitive factor. I look at what they did in at least their last few fights. Weidman lose three straight in a row (all of them stoppages, too... Including one to Romero), and Romero was on an 8 fight win streak before losing a close decision to Robert. It's clear Yoel deserves it more than Chris. More than Jacare, too.

Gastelum arguably deserved it the most, and the fact that there was smack talk recently between he and Luke would have added some fire to the whole thing, but Yoel is a fair choice as well.

Kelvin just lost to Chris, Chirs recently lost to both Romero and Rockhold

Don’t get me wrong, I love gay jesus vs. rocksalt. But let’s be honest, the UFC doesn’t always book what we want.

Chris is coming off a win, and a rematch vs Rockhold is a compelling fight.

At the end of the day, Romero had his crack at the champ, and he came up short.

Jacare is fresh off surgery, and his last loss was to Bobby knux as well, so he has as much of a claim as Romero.
Maybe he wasn't the first asked?

You need to remember it's in a month.

Kevin just fought and Weidman is not a very reliable guy.

Rockhold vs Weidman 2 caused all this shit in the division in the first place.

Haven’t Jacare and Weidman had enough recovery time from their surgeries?

Kelvin is coming off a win over the former champ.

Romero is coming off a loss. Why does he get the title shot eliminator?

Do your research....Was on an 8 fight winstreak prior....Went distance with current champ.

Yoel hater ID'd!

If Rockhold wins he would have beaten Yoel, Jacare and Weidman. The loss to Bisping would be very ironic.

Romero already beat Jacare, and he smashed Weidman. Let’s see what Yoel can do against Luke.

Back