So why Romero?

Except if romero wins, sucks to see whitaker fight him again. Rather see him fight new people. Too many rematches.

Yea i hear you on that one anything can happen especially with romero that flying knee agaisnt chris was out of no where but i dont see that happening agaisnt rockhold hes to rangey and looked great agiasnt branch another top grappler whos a huge 185er

Haven’t Jacare and Weidman had enough recovery time from their surgeries?

Kelvin is coming off a win over the former champ.

Romero is coming off a loss. Why does he get the title shot eliminator?

Yoel's loss was a relatively close decision. Jacare got brutally finished by Whitaker and Weidman does come off a win but had a pretty long losing streak before that and doesn't deserve an interim TS or title eliminator shot because of it, IMO. And I'm a Weidman fan and Yoel hater.

We also haven't seen Luke vs Yoel yet and it:s a very intriguing match up, IMO.

Don’t get me wrong, I love gay jesus vs. rocksalt. But let’s be honest, the UFC doesn’t always book what we want.

Chris is coming off a win, and a rematch vs Rockhold is a compelling fight.

At the end of the day, Romero had his crack at the champ, and he came up short.

Jacare is fresh off surgery, and his last loss was to Bobby knux as well, so he has as much of a claim as Romero.
jacare got stopped tho. romero did not.

But chris and kelvin are coming off wins. Why not them?
I think you focus too much on their last fight only.
If we look at a bigger picture: Weidman just ended a 3 fight losing streak while Yoel just had a great streak to the top before losing to the current top-dog.

To me, Yoel has the best record in the past 3 years because he beat clear-cut top fivers like Jacare and Weidman.
Kelvin has got many good wins, but not quite as big as Yoel's.
Yoel has been a title contender for a while, only bypassed by Whittaker, I'd say he's one spot ahead of Kelvin in the line.

Also - this might be Yoel's last shot. Kelvin is still young, his time will come.

Last edited:
Clearly the guy hates Yoel. Look how he can't comprehend that Yoel is still the most deserving fighter in MW and reiterates his stupid question.

Weidman already had a title, but suffered 3fight skid, in all of which he was TKOd, and his most recent win was a WW.

Kelvin is a welterweight who lost to Weidman and refused to fight Yoel. He would have to pile more wins to stake his claim.

Jacare lost to Yoel and Whittaker. His only wins are against low ranked fighters.

Yoel wasn't dominated by current champ Whittaker like Jacare was, he is the only one havinv beat all the real top contenders at MW in Weidman, Jacare, Brunson, Machida and recently. He comes off from 4 top5 opponents. He's the highest ranked to able to challange the champ.

If anything, Rockhold doesn't deserve to fight for the title.

I hear that. But before then he was the defending MW champ and dethroned the most doninant champ ever to get there. Has to count for something, right?
Does Anderson being the most dominant champ still count for something as far as match making goes in 2018?

Because Yoel beat Jacare and Weidman...?

Suddenly the rankings are being used the way they should be and you are complaining. Peace.

Because Yoel beat Jacare and Weidman...?

Suddenly the rankings are being used the way they should be and you are complaining. Peace.

I always thought you needed to be coming off a win to get a TS or title eliminator fight. People bitched up a storm when Cormier did it.

Peace.

Clearly the guy hates Yoel. Look how he can't comprehend that Yoel is still the most deserving fighter in MW and reiterates his stupid question.

Weidman already had a title, but suffered 3fight skid, in all of which he was TKOd, and his most recent win was a WW.

Kelvin is a welterweight who lost to Weidman and refused to fight Yoel. He would have to pile more wins to stake his claim.

Jacare lost to Yoel and Whittaker. His only wins are against low ranked fighters.

Yoel wasn't dominated by current champ Whittaker like Jacare was, he is the only one havinv beat all the real top contenders at MW in Weidman, Jacare, Brunson, Machida and recently. He comes off from 4 top5 opponents. He's the highest ranked to able to challange the champ.

If anything, Rockhold doesn't deserve to fight for the title.

No need to be a cunt about it. Do you have a problem with civilized discussion? I don’t have a problem with Romero. He’s coming off an L though. Anytime someone gets a TS or title eliminator fight off a loss, people lose their shit. Remember when Cormier did it? Wheres the consistency? I’m just asking the question.

Romero will get schooled and we will be back to Whitaker/Rockhold. No problem with the match up. It will be interesting seeing the two lead up to the fight. More entertaining than Whitaker/Romero was.

Weidman 1-3 in last four, nearly ko'd by Gastelum, not during preparatuon.

Jacare well, as someone said Romero did better against Whittaker.

Close fight, sure.

But chris and kelvin are coming off wins. Why not them?

If you look back more then one fight neither of them have done enough. Especially chris who was on a three fight losing streak. Kelvin is behind chris by default since he just got choked out by him.

"Hespectfully, post: 137558839, member: 471511"He’s coming off an L though. Anytime someone gets a TS or title eliminator fight off a loss, people lose their shit. Remember when Cormier did it? Wheres the consistency? I’m just asking the question.
You support what I said.

Because he was the no.1 contender for a long time before he got screwed. I'm not even a fan of his but I think he should get another shot before he really gets too old.

You support what I said.

You raised a good point, which I would have included in the OP if I had thought of it.

And to be clear, I don’t hate this matchup, or Yoel. And this thread isn’t to convince anyone that Yoel doesn’t deserve it. Just wanted to hear my sherbros weigh in on why the other guys weren’t considered.

You raised a good point, which I would have included in the OP if I had thought of it.

And to be clear, I don’t hate this matchup, or Yoel. And this thread isn’t to convince anyone that Yoel doesn’t deserve it. Just wanted to hear my sherbros weigh in on why the other guys weren’t considered.
If coming off a loss is so shocking for you, think off how defending champs lose and get immediate rematch for their belts coming of a loss. It's mostly pitting the most deserving guys against each other(mostly since we just had all that Bisping fiasco). Also Rockhold vs Yoel is an awesome matchup, and they were both incamp already so they will be both ready and won't have short camp excuse.

Back