So who is the legit hardest puncher Floyd haa faced?

Corrales
cotto
maidana
zab
canelo

off the top of my head. Hes fought a lot of guys with KO's but like with pac and shane alot of their Ko's came from power n speed

It also helps that Shane has a really good brain. One of the best brains.

you know, Berto isn't a terrible puncher

Almost all of these guys can really punch. I saw an interview with Chris Algieri and he was talking about how hard guys like Maidana, Pac, Spence, and Provo hit. But then he said something like, "Khan can punch too though, really, all these guys at this level hit very hard."

He's not lying. Amir Khan is not even known as a puncher and he's busted some guys up pretty good.

Almost all of these guys can really punch. I saw an interview with Chris Algieri and he was talking about how hard guys like Maidana, Pac, Spence, and Provo hit. But then he said something like, "Khan can punch too though, really, all these guys at this level hit very hard."

He's not lying. Amir Khan is not even known as a puncher and he's busted some guys up pretty good.
agreed, with a few exceptions (somebody like Paulie), if you're at the B+ level or better, you can probably at least punch decently

actually, I've always felt Khan's power is a bit underapreciated, particularly at 140. He wasn't a one-hitter quitter, but his speed, volume and punch placement certainly was hard to prepare for

Conor is a rarity in his sport, so his punching power gets exaggerated. Most UFC fighters do not even learn how to punch until they are adults and are already over-developed. So they never really have great mechanics because their body is not used to the motion and they are too muscular.

It's hard to take a muscle-stump wrestler like Mendes or Eddie Alvarez and really teach them to box.

Basically Conor McGregor will NOT be the hardest puncher Floyd has faced...lol

Isnt that the motive of this thread?

Last edited:
agreed, with a few exceptions (somebody like Paulie), if you're at the B+ level or better, you can probably at least punch decently

actually, I've always felt Khan's power is a bit underapreciated, particularly at 140. He wasn't a one-hitter quitter, but his speed, volume and punch placement certainly was hard to prepare for
Paulie can punch though. Khan can crack I agree.

Yeah, and he can speedbag waterbottles, also very underrated in that field imo

Cotto probably hit the hardest, but zab was the most dangerous.

It also helps that Shane has a really good brain. One of the best brains.
I hear doctors run around commenting on the quality of his brain.

I've even seen Paulie rock a couple of guys. Juan Diaz, who was generally pretty durable, for one.

I hear doctors run around commenting on the quality of his brain.

Ever since you brought it up I love imagining the doctor running into other rooms where other doctors are with their patients, and throwing Shane's CT up on the light board to show everyone the great news.

I've even seen Paulie rock a couple of guys. Juan Diaz, who was generally pretty durable, for one.
What ever happened to baby bull . I remember during a Canelo fight I think stables he was there telling people he was going make a big comeback . Real nice guy , kind of shy though

Ever since you brought it up I love imagining the doctor running into other rooms where other doctors are with their patients, and throwing Shane's CT up on the light board to show everyone the great news.
This is one of the best brains, right here!

Yeah Paulie can place his punches. I think he's been underrated to an extent. The issue imo is he's too patient which has been the result of his low KO ratio.

What ever happened to baby bull . I remember during a Canelo fight I think stables he was there telling people he was going make a big comeback . Real nice guy , kind of shy though
Juan Manuel Marquez took him to a place he never found the way back from...
I always thought that was a bad career move for him. And then he fought him a 2nd time!!!

It's hard to one punch KO guys, but he's come pretty damn close.

cotto.gif

Stopped Geale in a fashion equal to what Golovkin did to the same guy.

Back