So who is the legit hardest puncher Floyd haa faced?

Cotto is most likely the hardest puncher. I recall Cotto hurting Floyd pretty badly in that fight - that I think the announcers missed in round 7 or 8. Hit him with a hook where you see Floyd spread out his legs and look pretty shook. Honestly Cotto hit Floyd as clean as he could with his hook right on the chin a few times in that fight, Foyd's chin is definitely one of his best and most underrated assets.

Canelo is up there, Maidana is up there, although punch for punch Maidana usually gets guys out of there with volume. Mosley is definitely 100% up there, dudes right hand is as hard as anyones in boxing, shown by the fact that he knocked out the invincible Margarito who was laughing at prime Pacquiao's power & Cotta's power.

Change my mind, I would say punch for punch Shane Mosley is the hardest puncher Floyd has been in there with.

Went back to check for the Cotto shot, 2:43 in the 6th round Floyd got hurt bad, just great at disguising it.

Last edited:
The punch at the end of the round rocked Floyd. Lucky for him it was just at the end of the round.

He took a bigger shot from Mosley at the beginning of the round and managed to get back control by the end. That Maidana punch was great (he baited Floyd into a counter too iirc) but Mayweathers been stunned worse at worse times and been fine. I'd wager he'd have weathered that storm.

He took a bigger shot from Mosley at the beginning of the round and managed to get back control by the end. That Maidana punch was great (he baited Floyd into a counter too iirc) but Mayweathers been stunned worse at worse times and been fine. I'd wager he'd have weathered that storm.

Yeah not saying he wouldn't have made it, but nevertheless, better to have a minute to clear the cobwebs than not have it.

No one punch ur dead types on his record, McGregor probably equals or exceeds any of them. No homo.
Youre better than this.

Youre better than this.
Joking aside, McG drops everyone he faces, not talking technique or repertoire but pure horsepower, He has a negligible chance to land on Floyd but credit where it's due.

Joking aside, McG drops everyone he faces, not talking technique or repertoire but pure horsepower, He has a negligible chance to land on Floyd but credit where it's due.
Hes got decent power. I think his timing is his bread and butter.

I'm going to say Mosley, I'll never the memory of him beating Margarito like the illegitimate ginger stepchild nobody wants out of my head

Not sure, he fought a lot of solid punchers but no real knock you dead type of guys. Pac man would have been the guy if he fought him a few years earlier. He seems to have a decent chin and combined with his defence he negates the power of his opponents. He did get rocked by chop chop tho

I think its definitely Canelo but cotto is up there in the discussion

Not sure, he fought a lot of solid punchers but no real knock you dead type of guys. Pac man would have been the guy if he fought him a few years earlier. He seems to have a decent chin and combined with his defence he negates the power of his opponents. He did get rocked by chop chop tho
I wouldn't say Pacman was ever a bigger puncher than Mosley punch for punch at any point in his career.

I wouldn't say Pacman was ever a bigger puncher than Mosley punch for punch at any point in his career.
I actually think both guys are overrated for their power. Both guys were great when they threw a shitload of punches.

I actually think both guys are overrated for their power. Both guys were great when they threw a shitload of punches.

Pac was a huge puncher in the 130's and a big puncher at 140. At 147 he seemed to have very average power for a top fighter. Mosley was still a big puncher at 147.

Corrales
cotto
maidana
zab
canelo

off the top of my head. Hes fought a lot of guys with KO's but like with pac and shane alot of their Ko's came from power n speed

True about Conor has "something" with his power. But, I'd say Mosely, Canelo, Cotto, Judah, Maidana, Corley, Pacquiao would have been sleeping guys just as easily as Conor has with those 4oz gloves. maybe worse. Conor's power is unproven at this level of boxing...

Last edited:
True about Conor has "something" with his power. But, I'd say Mosely, Canelo, Cotto, Judah, Maidana, Corley, Pacquiao wouldn't have been sleeping guys just as easily as Conor has with those 4oz gloves. maybe worse. Conor's power is unproven at this level of boxing...

Could you imagine what any of those guys would do to one those UFC wrestler types in 4-ounce gloves? It would get ugly really quick.

Aldo actually jumped at him face first with his arms out to his side.

Pac was a huge puncher in the 130's and a big puncher at 140. At 147 he seemed to have very average power for a top fighter. Mosley was still a big puncher at 147.
True but I was thinking more about the versions that were at the same weight as Floyd. Mosley was probably a bigger hitter than Pac at 147.

Could you imagine what any of those guys would do to one those UFC wrestler types in 4-ounce gloves? It would get ugly really quick.
I'd like to see the Zabbercut with 4 ouncers.

why is everyone forgetting corrales power? Dude was a fucking monster. When he fought floyd i think he was around 31and 29 ko's.

I still remember him getting out boxed by freitas only for freitas to let his defense down for one sec and pow fight was over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back