Media So what if Tenshin tries to take Floyd's head off in this "exhibition"?

What TS is saying in the OP has happened to American boxers at least three other times when they fought in Japan.
Nailed it.

Kumason must have got his Sherdog blackbelt at a McDojo because he doesn't understand the history of this sport and Japan not giving a fuck.
<{Heymansnicker}>

Mayweather can't sue internationally effectively so I am assuming there is going to be a crazy screwjob. It wouldn't count because it isn't sanctioned.
This right here.

Good luck going after the japanese in japan in a japanese unsanctioned fight.

Yeah I understand that but those are all a long time ago,this isn't the 70's or 80's and Floyd isn't going to have some 1 page contract.Floyd's company works directly with Rizin and have big future plans that's what this whole thing is about,it's 100% promotion for both moving forward.If anyone thought they'd do something like that to Floyd considering everything I would have to say that person has zero grasp on the whole situation/meaning of this fight or is just plain stupid.
It happened to Ray Mercer in 2005.

Honestly, RIZIN may not even be around after this event. Floyd said some shit about working with them after this, but RIZIN knows all too well that this may be their last show. It makes a ton of sense that they'd tell Tenshin to beat Floyd's ass, bc Japanese stars are what really keeps Japanese orgs going. Floyd isn't as bankable in this situation as Tenshin, and I'd bet money that RIZIN has zero intention of working with Floyd after this event. It is a way to hopefully springboard Tenshin into a full blown megastar, which WOULD keep RIZIN going. That is, unless he signs with ONE, but that's another story.

Honestly, RIZIN may not even be around after this event. Floyd said some shit about working with them after this, but RIZIN knows all too well that this may be their last show. It makes a ton of sense that they'd tell Tenshin to beat Floyd's ass, bc Japanese stars are what really keeps Japanese orgs going. Floyd isn't as bankable in this situation as Tenshin, and I'd bet money that RIZIN has zero intention of working with Floyd after this event. It is a way to hopefully springboard Tenshin into a full blown megastar, which WOULD keep RIZIN going. That is, unless he signs with ONE, but that's another story.

Mercer knew he was competing in kickboxing. He just took a high kick and decided he was happy with his paycheck.

I wouldn't be shocked if Tenshin tried to move into boxing at some point. Japan cares far more for boxing than it does for kickboxing or MMA at the moment, and there'd be serious money there for him in certain super fights against other Japanese talent (granted, he wouldn't have much chance in these super fights).

Curious as to names and fights?
Well, the one in the OP is Nobuhiko Takada vs Trevor Berbick.

Then we all know about Ali vs Inoki.

And in K1 there was Remy Bonjansky vs Ray Mercer.

If they weren't all full blown double crosses, the Japanese word contracts very carefully and play within the rules of what the American fighter perceives to be illegal, but isn't. It's hard to say. But Berbick and Mercer were for sure pissed the fuck off with what transpired. Ali played the game.

Mercer knew he was competing in kickboxing. He just took a high kick and decided he was happy with his paycheck.
Is this confirmed? Bc I have read many accounts stating that there weren't supposed to be kicks above the belt, and one was immediately thrown.

Is this confirmed? Bc I have read many accounts stating that there weren't supposed to be kicks above the belt, and one was immediately thrown.

It's always been my impression that he knew exactly what he was getting into and went through with it because he needed the payday, but I could be wrong.

It's always been my impression that he knew exactly what he was getting into and went through with it because he needed the payday, but I could be wrong.
It could be. I guess we may never really know. I've looked for something from Mercer before, never found anything that stated one way or the other. He definitely wasn't with it though. It seemed to me that he didn't want to get Berbicked and just left as soon as shit got funny. That was one of the quickest kickboxing matches ever.

The Japanese also did this to Bam Bam Bigelow when he fought against Kimo, so the story goes. He went in thinking the fight would be a work, and Kimo beat his ass. This could be an attempt to save face after a savage beating though, but he has gone on record stating that it was supposed to be a worked "fight".

Damn. I got you a plat for life on that account lol

lol, cheers for that, I remember the plat life. Yeah, the moral of the story here is don't make account bets when you're trashed.

Despite popular opinion Floyd is no dummie boy. My guess is he probably made it clear to tenshin that he has a squad of people willing to do anything for that paycheck and there will be serious repercussions.

Despite popular opinion Floyd is no dummie boy. My guess is he probably made it clear to tenshin that he has a squad of people willing to do anything for that paycheck and there will be serious repercussions.
Hahahahaha

Japan has the Yakuza. Floyd would not do a mother fucking thing.

Hahahahaha

Japan has the Yakuza. Floyd would not do a mother fucking thing.
Floyd obviously would not do a thing. No shit. But one of his goons that depend on Floyd for gainful employment might. Its either please the bossman for a big raise or work at walmart.

Also why would tha yakuza necessarily give a fuck about Tenshin? They are business men. I'm sure they and Floyd could come to an agreement. $$$$$$$$$$$

Floyd obviously would not do a thing. No shit. But one of his goons that depend on Floyd for gainful employment might. Its either please the bossman for a big raise or work at walmart.

Also why would tha yakuza necessarily give a fuck about Tenshin? They are business men. I'm sure they and Floyd could come to an agreement. $$$$$$$$$$$
Rizin and the Yakuza are probably in deep and Tenshin taking Floyds shine could be huge for Rizin

The Japanese are a very patriotic bunch. They wouldn't let anything happen to their countryman. And, let's face it, the Yakuza probably have a stake in RIZIN, as they did with PRIDE. Bigtime money in sports, and the Yakuza seem to have their hands in EVERYTHING over there.

But the best answer I can give is that Sakakibara was once in bed with them. All he'd have to do is make a phone call.

Hahaha Sherdoggers and their stupid theories,nothing like that's going to happen.You're probably one of the members that actually thought this would be an mma fight,kickboxing or even a real boxing match.So stupid.

Back