So Stupid It's Not Funny: Trump's claims on immigration get fact-checked - and it's embarrassing

If you can watch that YouTube video, why can't you watch the one I posted that has the specific footage I'm talking about? Yes, it's accurate quotes. The video you posted doesn't include either of them, so naturally the words don't line up...

@splendica

Here, I'll post the transcripts for you:

cancel the lottery program they
00:14
call it Visa Lottery I just call it
00:15
lottery but countries come in and they
00:18
put names in a hopper they're not giving
00:21
you their best names common sense means
00:22
they're not giving you their best names
00:24
they're giving you people that they
00:25
don't want and then we take them out of
00:27
the lab lottery and where they do it by
00:30
hand where they put the hand in a ball
00:32
and probably what's in their hand or the
00:35
worst of the worst
00:36
but they put people that they don't want
00:39
into a lottery and the United States
00:41
takes those people you know sometimes

they're not necessarily good like the
04:11
man that ran over the animal that ran
04:14
over many people in New York City the
04:16
other day according to chain migration
04:18
he may have as many as 22 to 24 people
04:22
that came in with him his grandfather
04:25
his grandmother his mother his father
04:29
his brothers and sisters we have to end
04:32
chain migration we

chain migration is
01:34
one of the disasters you allow one
01:35
person in and that one person brings in
01:39
ten or twelve people the individuals
01:42
right now who are receiving green cards
01:44
they can bring in say an elderly
01:47
relative who can immediately go on to
01:51
public assistance if they become unable
01:54
to support themselves financially and
01:55
then that person can bring in a relative
01:58
who can bring in a relative who can
02:00
bring in a relative and that's why they
02:01
call it chain migration

A pitiful, looking down upon laugh = kneejerk defense?

A post without substance made without reading and made in denial of verifiable facts = kneejerk defense. It wouldn't matter how clear or definitive the evidence, or what the evidence concerned. You would, without looking at it, jump in to deflect.

Last edited:
The retard-dotard is a stupid, ignorant, racist fuck, and so are all of his supporters.

You didn't address anything in the OP, you just slagged off the thread starter.
As one should when presented with such ridiculous verbal/text diarrhea. Are you mad?

You would, without looking at it, jump in to deflect.

He said... look at it? A Trevor Noah video? HAHAHAHA

LNleBrb.gif

Get shit on.

Last edited:
As one should when presented with such ridiculous verbal/text diarrhea. Are you mad?

He said... look at it? A Trevor Noah video? HAHAHAHA

LNleBrb.gif

Get shit on.

Man, you sure do put a lot of effort into not learning things.

You could just, you know, instead:

(1) watch Trump's speech excerpts
(2) read my outlining of the law which demonstrates how he's clearly wrong/misinformed/lying
(3) feel embarrassed for being a bootlicking moron incapable of adult thought

For real, why do you even post here if you have no interest in facts or policy? Surely you could set your drooling self in front of an Atari game set and just play Pong to get the same thrill of mindlessly bouncing back a white dot, representative of your mental capacity. Man, you're pathetic.

Truthfully, the dishonesty and stupidity of Donald Trump and all of his followers is once again astounding.
It's specially stupid because he doesn't need to lie. Chain migration does allow people to bring so many people it has fundamentally changed the demographics of the country. He doesn't need to claim falsehoods to explain that.

Just prefacing a false or speculative statement with "Let's be honest" doesn't change anything.

Regardless of conspiracy theories about Democrats, the simple fact is that (a) we need to maintain an inflow of immigrants to support our demographic needs, and (b) providing a path to citizenship and some type of fee program is the most cost-effective and politically feasible way to address the issue. Whether the Democrats' motives are mixed or not, they have logic on their side. The countervailing approach, mass deportation, would cost tens to hundreds of billions of dollars in long-term costs just to get rid of citizens that will need to be recouped through subsequent immigration efforts.

Let's be honest here.

Immigrants can't vote until they are citizens, and this takes years and years.

What you've proposed - and I know it's a common idea in right-wing circles that this is actually the dem plan -is a nonsensical strategy for this reason and others. And, if it were the actual dem plan, they'd have legalized immigrants in one fell swoop when they had the power, thereby giving themselves a majority for the next two decades. They didn't. They just changed the deportation framework a bit.

It's not a 'conspiracy theory', they literally admitted it a few weeks ago in one of their memos:

LEAKED MEMO: DREAMers Are ‘Critical’ To Dems ‘Future Electoral Success’

“The fight to protect Dreamers is not only a moral imperative, it is also a critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success.

[...]

If Democrats don’t try to do everything in their power to defend Dreamers, that will jeopardize Democrats’ electoral chances in 2018 and beyond. In short, the next few weeks will tell us a lot about the Democratic Party and its long-term electoral prospects."

So tell me, how do the "Dreamers" being deported jeopardize the Democrats' electoral chances, as early as this year, if they were truly not allowed to vote and would have no effect on that system currently?

Trump's claim: the man who ran over pedestrians in New York City last Fall was an immigrant who could have brought as many as 23-24 of his family members with him.

FACTS: The driver was actually a nonimmigrant visitor on a temporary visa. Persons on visas are not allowed to bring any family members with them. And, even if he was an immigrant, bringing over such family members would, as we now know, take decades and hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Doesn't seem like you've got all of your facts straight.

"Saipov came to the United States in 2010 on a diversity visa, the Department of Homeland Security said. He has since become a legal permanent resident, Miller said."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/01/us/sayfullo-saipov-new-york-attack/index.html

It's specially stupid because he doesn't need to lie. Chain migration does allow people to bring so many people it has fundamentally changed the demographics of the country. He doesn't need to claim falsehoods to explain that.

Is there any evidence of this?

This thread is basically an attack on a strawman position. The implied elements are:
- People who agree with controlling the inflow of immigration are Trump supporters
- I can discredit these off-the-cuff remarks by Trump
- Therefore I have discredited the entire concept of sovereign control over your own borders
- Therefore it is evident we should open up our borders and give out citizenship like candy... even though I have not presented a single argument as to why we would ever want to do that

Trevor Noah's show usually isn't that substantive, so I was pleasantly surprised to see him get immigration law 100% correct. And I was, somehow, still surprised at just how misinformed or purposefully dishonest Trump is on the subject. As I have mentioned here, I've done some immigration law work in the past, and Noah is on-point.

Trump's claim: the Diversity Visa Lottery is bad because countries are getting rid of all of their criminals by sending them into the VISA lottery, where they are picked at random.

FACTS: Lottery entrants apply individually and must meet admission criteria, including education requirements and no felony record. Among the millions of applicants, the Department of Homeland Security selects which regions get preference based on underrepresentation in the US population and then individually vet and select each admission.

Trump's claim: "chain migration" allows every immigrant to immediately bring in as many relatives as they want, and each relative can themselves bring in any relative they want, and so on and so on.

FACTS: Immigrants can only bring over their (1) spouses to whom they were married at the time of their petition for admission, and (2) unmarried children under the age of 21.
For all other family members, they must petition and be placed into a mandatory queue. Depending on the country of origin, bringing over siblings, parents, or children over the age of 21 takes an average of 8 years.

Trump's claim: the man who ran over pedestrians in New York City last Fall was an immigrant who could have brought as many as 23-24 of his family members with him.

FACTS: The driver was actually a nonimmigrant visitor on a temporary visa. Persons on visas are not allowed to bring any family members with them. And, even if he was an immigrant, bringing over such family members would, as we now know, take decades and hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Truthfully, the dishonesty and stupidity of Donald Trump and all of his followers is once again astounding.

I don't really care for Trevor Noah so I'll just take your word for it that he does a good job debunking Trump's statements. The guy is the worst of this wave of leftist comedians, even Samantha Bee is better than him.
This thread is basically an attack on a strawman position. The implied elements are:
- People who agree with controlling the inflow of immigration are Trump supporters
- I can discredit these off-the-cuff remarks by Trump
- Therefore I have discredited the entire concept of sovereign control over your own borders
- Therefore it is evident we should open up our borders and give out citizenship like candy... even though I have not presented a single argument as to why we would ever want to do that
Its really only about the 2nd line, the rest are in your head bud.

So tell me, how do the "Dreamers" being deported jeopardize the Democrats' electoral chances, as early as this year, if they were truly not allowed to vote and would have no effect on that system currently?

:) That's an interesting (by which I mean "very obviously wrong") interpretation.

The memo is saying that if Democrats don't fight on this issue--which they have the support of most of the country on--they're going to hurt their standing with their voters.

If Democrats can’t even stand up to Trump and Republicans in defense of Dreamers —whose moral case is unassailable — they will leave a lot of progressives wondering who Democrats will fight for. At that point, Latinos may not be the only constituency within the Democratic base that becomes dispirited and disengaged. If Democrats don’t try to do everything in their power to defend Dreamers, that will jeopardize Democrats’ electoral chances in 2018 and beyond.

None of these topics even manage to broach the larger point at hand regarding immigration, simply being we don't want them here.

Overpopulation is not a strength. Especially when a large portion of that population are those from entirely different cultures.

None of these topics even manage to broach the larger point at hand regarding immigration, simply being we don't want them here.

Overpopulation is not a strength. Especially when a large portion of that population are those from entirely different cultures.
<TrumpWrong1>

Back