So Stupid It's Not Funny: Trump's claims on immigration get fact-checked - and it's embarrassing

You never seem to explain how it's broken.

You just say vague stuff about more vetting without pointing to any deficiency in the current system.
Why does it need explaining? I mean really, does pretending to play dumb count for something in your world? Are you really unaware of the holes and problems in our immigration system? I have a feeling you're not. This is just how you guys avoid addressing the actual issue. "Huh? Wha... well I just can't understand what you're saying so I guess that means there's no discussion to have..."

You guys are here talking about Kenyan brain surgeons FFS, as if thats the true face of immigration in the 21st century.

Anytime these conversations occur there are people throwing out strawman argument left and right. Usually those arguments revolve around the terms floodgates and open borders, which nobody is asking for.

I think it is fair to say that we should all hope that the president actually understands the current immigration laws and does not lie about them to gain votes based out of fear. I can't imagine why anybody would support a lack of understanding, that seems ridiculous.

Calm down racist. Only Kenyans know the intricacies of the human brain. All Kenyans.

Ironically, I know you meant that as a joke, but that guy Viva actually is a racist and a Nazi/Hitler sympathizer.

Why does it need explaining? I mean really, does pretending to play dumb count for something in your world? Are you really unaware of the holes and problems in our immigration system? I have a feeling you're not. This is just how you guys avoid addressing the actual issue. "Huh? Wha... well I just can't understand what you're saying so I guess that means there's no discussion to have..."

You guys are here talking about Kenyan brain surgeons FFS, as if thats the true face of immigration in the 21st century.

And as per usual @Seano tucks his dick whenever he's asked to explain his position.

A change in a demographics skin color =/= the erosion of American Culture.

How can you make that statement?

I implore you to spend time around racial groups who immigrated here. Often times they prefer to live in self segregated sects where they can live among themselves thus preserving and ensuring their culture lives on. With more and more of these people entering the country that means the ethnic majority who represents this country culturally will shrink until they are no longer relevant.

It's similar to saying, "well I don't care if England is 80% Arab as long as they still drink tea and watch football".

I spend a lot of time around racial groups that immigrated here. I'd say, 90% of my time is spent around at least one person who's parents immigrated here from another country. I have absolutely no fear of these people or the cultures that they brought with them, and I feel like they've added a whole lot more to our society than some guy on the internet that believes in "race realism" and sympathizes with Nazis. I'll take the nurses, doctors, lawyers, biologists, store owners, construction workers, and teachers that I know from other countries over that guy. Call me crazy, Lol.

I'm willing to admit that I have only one perspective, and that is of somebody living in Maryland between Baltimore and Washington DC my whole life. A highly educated area with a high cost of living, and solid economy. The immigrants that I know, and there are many, are absolutely one of the reasons why I am patriotic.

How can you make that statement?

I implore you to spend time around racial groups who immigrated here. Often times they prefer to live in self segregated sects where they can live among themselves thus preserving and ensuring their culture lives on. With more and more of these people entering the country that means the ethnic majority who represents this country culturally will shrink until they are no longer relevant.

I live in the 5th largest city in the country. I'm around minorities all the time.

Er, OK. You're totally changing the subject, and to something that I think is beneath consideration. My point was simply that your interpretation of that memo was wildly off the mark. I understand that you're just repeating something you heard, which is why I quoted more of it. That should teach you a lesson about the credibility of the source you used.

The word you're looking for is the "enthusiasm" of its voters, as opposed to emphasizing the electoral results in itself. Some of us are able to read between the lines. When there is a blatant disregard for the democratic process and the will of its own voters, it means they've found alternatives to get around them... your interpretation has little merit to what their actions have demonstrated.

The word you're looking for is the "enthusiasm" of its voters, as opposed to emphasizing the electoral results in itself. Some of us are able to read between the lines. When there is a blatant disregard for the democratic process and the will of its own voters, it means they've found alternatives to get around them... your interpretation has little merit to what their actions have demonstrated.

Again, you're just shifting to more general hackishness. "Democrats are bad." I don't care. I'm just pointing out that the memo very obviously didn't say what you or Hot Air claimed it did. If you read the whole thing, there can really be no doubt about that.

And do they not typically tend to unify based on their ethnic and cultural background?

It varies. You obviously have certain hubs with the Chinese, Vietnamese, Koreans and Hispanics. I haven't noticed it with Indians, Arabs or Africans.

Even if they do they are still Americanized and the 1st generation raised here I very Americanized.

They still have to work and go to school with everyone else.

If you just grabbed like 100M and dropped them into the US today it might be a problem.

But as it stands people that come here will keep on Americanizing like all the immigrants before them.

the overall skin color of the country won't change that.

Last edited:
Word for word, those don't sound like accurate quotes.

I found this statement on the NY killer, and Trump says (word for word), "he was the primary point of contact for, and this is preliminarial, 23 people that came in - or potentially came in - with him."

From that presser, he was obviously dealing with preliminary info and was making a statement against chain migration vs a shift toward merit-based migration.

Was this one of the clips because I can't find others like you describe in the OP.

It doesn’t matter

Trump

Again, you're just shifting to more general hackishness. "Democrats are bad." I don't care. I'm just pointing out that the memo very obviously didn't say what you or Hot Air claimed it did. If you read the whole thing, there can really be no doubt about that.

There is ambiguity. For it to say only what you wish it to say, it would've used words that made it more clear, in that regard.

Back