So sergey just said on Instagram live that kovalev vs ward 2 will be June 17th on ppv

The one of him jumping up was very blatant . Also the ones where he goes for a single lifts the leg is very blatant

There are a few where they both are fighting for position and Waed takes it to another level

You can tell he has a mean streak which is good but he does take advantage of angles away from the ref

How do you deal with someone who leads like that and blatantly attacks with his head ?
Knock him out?

Lol you got me there wasn't Evander the same way leading with his head ?
people compare the two of them. I think ward is more subtle but you're going to get a headbutt or two fighting ward.

Is this official yet? Im not so confident in boxers announcing fights and dates over social media.

Body shots got him.

Please provide evidence.

Body shots from a 168 lber who couldn't hurt guys at that weight do not hurt a big 175 lber. Far more likely is that he gassed, as he has a history of doing and as his mouth agape posture during the latter rounds and lack of activity are evidence of.

Please provide evidence.

Body shots from a 168 lber who couldn't hurt guys at that weight do not hurt a big 175 lber. Far more likely is that he gassed, as he has a history of doing and as his mouth agape posture during the latter rounds and lack of activity are evidence of.
Last time I checked, body shots are what make a guy gas down the stretch. You dont have to be crushing someones ribcage to make a difference, you just have to be consistent.

Oh, I did. I'm not discounting or attempting to downplay Kovalev's excessive holding and roughing. Ward was doing that, initiating more of it and then about 10x more.

Did you think that I was bluffing when I said that I could do this all day?

You sound ridiculous.

Nice display of "sportsmanship" here

What? Do you think there is something wrong with what Ward did here?

Level change then jumping straight up in the air in an attempt to headbutt & hit with the shoulder

Another headbutt attempt where there was no headbutt. Great.

Ward not only placing Kovalev in a headlock but trying to turn it into a guillotine choke with an underhook, some torque included

Yeah, Kovalev did this throughout the fight.

Yet another successful headbutt

We're now at one clash of heads (which was accidental by any reasonable count), and one where Ward deserves more fault. Truly a Zivic-esque performance.

Yet another intentional low blow after eating a nice right hand on the inside. Very effective "inside work" by Ward.

Yeah, that's not a low blow.

More low blows. One to the hip & then one to the groin. What's new?

One low blow, one legal body shot.

Yep, another low blow

Not a low blow.

Yet another headbutt. Here he does the "Ward special" by rising up with it and jawing Kovalev. Classic stuff from Dre

We're at two headbutts where Ward is the one at fault.

Bodylock with over/unders, holding & hitting as usual. Working the right hip & groin

Those aren't lowblows, and that's legitimate inside work where both men are being allowed to work out.

low blow directly to the groin. More effective "inside work" from Ward. The legal follow-up left hook misses its mark

That is a low blow.

Please provide evidence.

"Mouth agaped" tends to happen when your guts get beat up. It's becomes harder to move, so you expend more energy on any given movement. And it doesn't take a huge puncher to get that done. It's cumulative.

Please provide evidence.

What would constitute evidence in this case? That Ward landed body shots fairly consistently throughout the fight? That Kovalev explicitly said it was body shots that slowed him down?

@Kovalev's "Man Bag" would you be so kind as to wrap all those gifs and such in spoilers? This page is running like shit on my phone lol

@Kovalev's "Man Bag" would you be so kind as to wrap all those gifs and such in spoilers? This page is running like shit on my phone lol

Blame Jay. He's the one that decided he was too lazy to watch a damn video (I recommended him to mute the audio so he wouldn't be offended by the anti-Ward statements). I made those GIFs just for him so he can sit here and try to downplay and dismiss the BS that he's always giving Kovalev since he hates the guy so much. I'm enjoying this. And sure. I can do that.

Blame Jay. He's the one that decided he was too lazy to watch a damn video (I recommended him to mute the audio so he wouldn't be offended by the anti-Ward statements). I made those GIFs just for him so he can sit here and try to downplay and dismiss the BS that he's always giving Kovalev since he hates the guy so much. I'm enjoying this. And sure. I can do that.

I don't hate Kovalev. I'm really starting to not care you, but Kovalev's alright.

I don't hate Kovalev. I'm really starting to not care you, but Kovalev's alright.

I'm hurt. Your post history is littered with anti-Kovalev bullshit (one of your sources is Reddit ffs) and slavophobia particularly towards Russians. Your opinion isn't the be-all and end-all with your "I will allow" your highness stuff. Mine isn't either but at least I'm not in denial about what actually happened. I posted the footage and you tried to make that difficult for me. It really wasn't and there's more that I 'could' post. I've proven my point while you're still in denial. So be it.

I'm hurt. Your post history is littered with anti-Kovalev bullshit (one of your sources is Reddit ffs) and slavophobia. Your opinion isn't the be-all and end-all with your "I will allow" your highness stuff. Mine isn't either but at least I'm not in denial about what actually happened. I posted the footage and you tried to make that difficult for me. It really wasn't and there's more that I 'could' post. I've proven my point while you're still in denial. So be it.

lol, Slavophobia? Are you fucking serious?

Please provide evidence.

I'm not sure what evidence I can provide to please you, a signed letter from Kov admitting they hurt?

"A" is for accumulation, and that's what Ward laid on Kov's body. The evidence is on youtube.

Look, idk what to tell you. Smartassing aside, I thought Ward laid beatings on most everyone he fought up to Kov, and a history of not being a finisher =/= can't/didn't slow an opponent (or past opponent) down with an accumulation of work, head or body. (I always thought Kessler looked really glad to be out of there after their fight for example.)

Ward tenderized Kov all night to the body with a variety of shots, each time he set these shots up, whether it was hard digging 2 handed combos on the inside making space for a moment, scoring and smothering the retaliation or working at Kov's range, baiting him to lead with his jab, Ward slipping the jab constantly, drop level and scoring to the midsection while Kov was moving forward, either way the shots HURT because they weren't just being thrown lucky in a rough dirty fight, Kov was being set up by one of the best at exploiting weaknesses all night, and one of the best at sneaking significant (thrown with technical proficiency and authority/clean landing) connects at a very close distance. I think a lot of fans negate that inside work he slips in so quick.

lol, Slavophobia? Are you fucking serious?

But I'm the slavophile? I don't idolize their ways, I don't like Putin, and I didn't learn to box through KV Gradopolov's 60+ books on the subject. I learned the western way and live in America. If a certain poster likes EE fighters then they're labeled a slavophile by you. It's very telling. But wait, you're half Ukrainian, right? I guess that's that.

But I'm the slavophile? I don't idolize their ways, I don't like Putin, and I didn't learn to box through KV Gradopolov's 60+ books on the subject. I learned the western way and live in America. If a certain poster likes EE fighters then they're labeled a slavophile by you. It's very telling. But wait, you're half Ukrainian, right? I guess that's that.

I don't even think I've ever called you a Slavophile except maybe in jest. I used the term to refer to the different alts that we'd have here about every week who exclusively talked about Eastern European fighters (who have recently stopped popping up, which is nice). Tons of posters here like Eastern European fighters, myself included. If all you can do is talk about Eastern European fighters and how they're superior to all other fighters, then yeah, the Slavophile moniker fits (and it definitely applied to tons of accounts that have popped up on here over the last two years).

Back