So sergey just said on Instagram live that kovalev vs ward 2 will be June 17th on ppv

I can only call Kovalev a racist by interpreting what he has said in a certain way. Same goes for Hopkins. I wasn't saying Kovalev is racist and Hopkins isn't; both likely are racists in some measure. Now, how much either man's prejudice (whether they be severe prejudices or not) detracts from their character is hard for me to say as I don't know either of them.

I think people are way too liberal these days with the word racist. I define a racist as someone who views one race as inherently superior to another. That's it. I'm not sure a jock from another country making culturally insensitive monkey joke or a black jock not wanting to get beat by a white fighter means that they view their races as superior.

I think people are way too liberal these days with the word racist. I define a racist as someone who views one race as inherently superior to another. That's it. I'm not sure a jock from another country making culturally insensitive monkey joke or a black jock not wanting to get beat by a white fighter means that they view their races as superior.

In general it's just convenient and self-gratifying to play the victim, even when you're not. Women do it with us men all the time. Ever been there? We all have at some point. Anyway, if your name is Stevenson Adonis (his real name, flipped for use in boxing) then you have the right to complain, sure. Adonis was originally talking shit and making fun of Kovalev on social media and then Kovalev upped the ante too far. Sergey was wrong and apologized. He seemed sincere but we can't know for sure unless we polygraph him or know his best friends and/or fam. Beterbiev, who does know him, did accuse him of being a racist.

There are some extremely crude comedians out there like Daniel Tosh. He must be the KKK's secret Grand Wizard to even think up the shit he routinely performs. Then there's Donald trump, POTUS, Commander-in-Chief. Trump is satan's (Putin's) servant, possibly the Anti-Christ.

Have you ever seen what a race card looks like after it's been pulled?

800px-Racist_card.jpg

This kid is now famous on the interwebz. He has his own fuckin' meme. I wish I had my own personal meme (not the kind you can already generate, I mean being the actual star). He better be getting paid royalties per lul b/c that's fucked if he's not, probably because racists refuse to pay him.

Last edited:
Update from BoxingScene with a Kathy Duva interview published just a few hours ago. It's the latest update coming from either side. I can't embed the video b/c they use the Springboard platform's player for their videos, the same flash player Sherdog uses for its own video content. The question about the rematch is asked @ the 1:55 minute mark.

Video: Kathy Duva on Lemieux-Stevens, Ward-Kovalev II, More - Boxing Scene

It contains a whole lot of nothing. She basically said that the best way to get the rematch done is just not to talk about it and doesn't appear too optimistic, which admittedly, is typical of her when it comes to negotiating with Roc Nation/Ward.

Full transcript verbatim courtesy of yours truly

Reporter: “We're still reeling off that Kovalev-Ward decision.”
Duva: “Yeah.”
Reporter: “There's still rumors out there about June. I mean, how's the talks progressed and what's the hold up? It seems like it's more Ward's side on the hold up on the rematch.”
Duva: “Umm, I'm not going to talk about it cuz we want the fight to happen, and the best way to make it happen is to get it done and not talk about it. So, uh, we'll see. That's all I can say”... [garbled audio & reporter interjects]
Reporter: “But that's still the plan that you want to happen?”
Duva: “Sergey wants his belts back. That's all he wants, yes. He wants his belts back. We made an agreement before the first fight happened that, uh, if you know, Sergey lost, there would be a rematch. And, uh, we expect that to happen.”

Last edited:
I have no problem with the decision in the first fight. It was a close fight between two greats of the sport right now. That decision could've gone either way. The talk of a robbery is nonsense and it takes away from how great this matchup was, stylistically speaking.

My mind hasn't changed even after a recent rewatch. However, I have a funny feeling that Ward gets stopped early in a rematch.

I have no problem with the decision in the first fight. It was a close fight between two greats of the sport right now. That decision could've gone either way. The talk of a robbery is nonsense and it takes away from how great this matchup was, stylistically speaking.

My mind hasn't changed even after a recent rewatch. However, I have a funny feeling that Ward gets stopped early in a rematch.

There's been no talk of a robbery in this thread. Not from me. Just a bunch of debating between me and that Jay character. I'm open to multiple bets that Kovalev stops Ward in the rematch. I've got one with PUO3 if/when the rematch happens.

There's been no talk of a robbery in this thread. Not from me. Just a bunch of debating between me and that Jay character. I'm open to multiple bets that Kovalev stops Ward in the rematch. I've got one with PUO3 if/when the rematch happens.

There sure was a hell of a lot of "robbery" cries in other threads, that's all I was saying. I just loved the first fight and I would love to see a rematch as well. But hell no I'm not betting on that fight LOL. Like I said, it was only a sneaking feeling that Ward might get stopped. Kovalev her ward early a couple of times in their first fight but never really went after him in that "shark that smells blood in the water" type of way. I feel like Kova will not make that mistake again.

There sure was a hell of a lot of "robbery" cries in other threads, that's all I was saying. I just loved the first fight and I would love to see a rematch as well. But hell no I'm not betting on that fight LOL. Like I said, it was only a sneaking feeling that Ward might get stopped. Kovalev her ward early a couple of times in their first fight but never really went after him in that "shark that smells blood in the water" type of way. I feel like Kova will not make that mistake again.

There were cries of robbery originally when the fight happened and still are, just not from me anymore. I initially called it that though and still believe it was a bad decision. It's whatever, let's see the rematch. Ward himself said after the fight that he would understand if Kovalev felt that he got robbed. Apparently he was saying that for the crowd and the camera because he's done nothing but say he clearly won since.

I only have an AV bet with PUO3 so far. He said that the bets aren't even enforced around here. I told him I'd wear whatever AV he chooses for a month and honor it if I lose. There's no money on the line. What you just said I also believe will happen and talked about it. ;)

There were cries of robbery originally when the fight happened and still are, just not from me anymore. I initially called it that though and still believe it was a bad decision. It's whatever, let's see the rematch. Ward himself said after the fight that he would understand if Kovalev felt that he got robbed. Apparently he was saying that for the crowd and the camera because he's done nothing but say he clearly won since.

I only have an AV bet with PUO3 so far. He said that the bets aren't even enforced around here. I told him I'd wear whatever AV he chooses for a month and honor it if I lose. There's no money on the line. What you just said I also believe will happen and talked about it. ;)

It's impossible to enforce bets but I'm willing to hold the money if a bet is agreed upon and will pay the winner immediately after the fight. I've done it a lot on here for people in this sub forum, the sports bar and the OT. My only requirement is the people betting have to have a paypal account. Reason beng is it takes less then a minute to send the winner the money that way

It's impossible to enforce bets but I'm willing to hold the money if a bet is agreed upon and will pay the winner immediately after the fight. I've done it a lot on here for people in this sub forum, the sports bar and the OT. My only requirement is the people betting have to have a paypal account. Reason beng is it takes less then a minute to send the winner the money that way

I understand that, at least when it comes to betting actual cash. Your requirement is easy to meet for those that would like to bet that here then. Damn near everyone has a PayPal account nowadays.

I understand that, at least when it comes to betting actual cash. Your requirement is easy to meet for those that would like to bet that here then. Damn near everyone has a PayPal account nowadays.

Yeah and if they don't it's real ess5y to set one up. I will say that most everyone on here pays their bets (even if it's as simple as an AV or sig bet). The only issues I've heard/seen arise have come from the Heavies. Personally, I tell people not to bet with each other in there.

Yeah and if they don't it's real ess5y to set one up. I will say that most everyone on here pays their bets (even if it's as simple as an AV or sig bet). The only issues I've heard/seen arise have come from the Heavies. Personally, I tell people not to bet with each other in there.

I don't know anyone from the heavies so I wouldn't be interested in betting with them in the first place. Thanks for the tip, nonetheless.

I am a bit concerned for Kov's mindset . Meaning I feel he might overtrain or peak early since talks are not concrete on the fight happening

I feel like Kathy told Kova that they have a deal to appease him . I picture him talking to Kathy about when is the rematch !

I hope it gets made I think it will be good for both Ward and Kova

Money wise and to get more popular with casual fans . The rematch is an easy sell

Ring is reporting it's a done deal.
Rigondeaux-Chucky Flores on the undercard.

SOG wide UD.

Ring is reporting it's a done deal.
Rigondeaux-Chucky Flores on the undercard.

Not on boxrec yet. Crazy his last fight was almost a year ago. Poor Rigo. He posts stuff on IG all the time, of him training.

Surprised they would put this on the undercard, given Rigos lack of entertainment. But I am happy to see it.

I agree with PUO, that Ward will win a wide UD this time. He adapted much better to Kova than Kova did to Ward. Even tho I do not really like him, he is the p4p best I feel.

Ward is going to dominate a UD.

Dominate? He might win but he's not even gonna put a scratch on Kovalev.
Ward is a safety first spoiler. A brilliant one at that.

Still feel like Ward might get stopped early here.

Ward is going to win an easy UD this time

Dominate? He might win but he's not even gonna put a scratch on Kovalev.
Ward is a safety first spoiler. A brilliant one at that.

Tbf he said dominate, not beat the shit out of. Same way Floyd didn't beat the shit out of Mosely but he still dominated that fight.

I don't think think it'll be that wide myself. I can see Ward letting Kov work early and get passed those first dangerous rounds without a KD now that he knows what to expect. Probably 8-4 or something like that. The first three or four rounds will be tense though.

kovalev is going to come out to kill if it goes to round 6 and ward hasnt went down or hasnt been dominated ward will take over.

Back