So... just how good is Conor McGregor?

Top 1-2 at FW and Top 3-5 LW.

He is really good it's just that he will never get his wrestling/grappling at the level where he can compete with the elite of the elite.

People who act like Conor is a can because he lost to a 26-0 Sambo phenom who will go down as one of the greatest fighters are seriously stupid. Hes an amazing fighter even after the loss.

giphy.gif

oJDUHo.gif

SelfreliantMealyArgentineruddyduck-size_restricted.gif

bTBuWWC.gif

hands.jpg

Clearly he’s shit, cuz he lost to Khabib.

He is still as good as he always was. Incredible left hand counters, solid overall boxing and apparently quite good defensive grappling. I think he'll be top 5 if he sticks around.
Right, I do think that Khabib is just the worst matchup for him, as he is for anyone. I think Conor can beat everyone else...Lee might give him problems but I think he'd get KOed and same with Tony

Top 1-2 at FW and Top 3-5 LW.

He is really good it's just that he will never get his wrestling/grappling at the level where he can compete with the elite of the elite.

People who act like Conor is a can because he lost to a 26-0 Sambo phenom who will go down as one of the greatest fighters are seriously stupid. Hes an amazing fighter even after the loss.

Thank you! I think he beats everyone else at LW, I do think he'd KO Tony...

Right, I do think that Khabib is just the worst matchup for him, as he is for anyone. I think Conor can beat everyone else...Lee might give him problems but I think he'd get KOed and same with Tony
Before the fight I was convinced he'd get destroyed by any good wrestler he faced but he impressed me and I think its far from a given now. He just had nothing for Khabib, but no one has been able to do anything to him yet.

He's a top LW with some pretty significant flaws.

Conor is really good and still a threat to anyone at 155

Before the fight I was convinced he'd get destroyed by any good wrestler he faced but he impressed me and I think its far from a given now. He just had nothing for Khabib, but no one has been able to do anything to him yet.
Right I do think he beats everyone nor named khabib

A lot of ass kissing and excuses made for Conor in the OP.

Anywho...Conor ain't nearly half as "great" as his fanboys and the media (esp. UFC hype machine) makes him to be. HOWEVER, he is a very good fighter (striker). If he fought the top guys consistently, he would lose a lot. If he had to fight his way up the ladder at FW and LW, he likely would never have won either belts.

He's a great fighter, dont get me wrong but not GOAT material.

He has great timing, accuracy and power with his boxing. So he can put you to sleep easy but he has never defended a belt.

cant stand him, but hes resume speaks for iteslf. money aside he has some damn good wins

Not good enough against full camp Mendes. I think Ortega would destroy him.

A lot of ass kissing and excuses made for Conor in the OP.

Anywho...Conor ain't nearly half as "great" as his fanboys and the media (esp. UFC hype machine) makes him to be. HOWEVER, he is a very good fighter (striker). If he fought the top guys consistently, he would lose a lot. If he had to fight his way up the ladder at FW and LW, he likely would never have won either belts.

Wow that's a huge undermine, who at featherweight would have beat him? IMO he beats everyone at LW execpt khabib

Wow that's a huge undermine, who at featherweight would have beat him? IMO he beats everyone at LW execpt khabib
Edgar would beat him FW. & anyone with a OKAY wrestedlim or grappling with a OKAY chin would push his shit in. Lw has too many strong chinned wrestlers he would have to deal with. Tibau would even give him problems.

Is it a rule that you can only proclaim Conrad to be GOAT if you joined Sherdog in 2018 and have "YELLOW CARD" under your name?

IMO he was somewhat "off" in the Khabib fight (ring rust or nervous or whatever) ... clearly lost but not dramatically, sustained little damage compared to other Khabib opponents and actually won a round too.

Before he dominated most opponents, including unquestionable champions, except for Nate who is a durability freak as well as bigger.

So I think he is actually much better than all the haters-fuelled critique suggests ... I would say top 1 at 145, top 3 at 155, top 5 at 170.

I actually might favour him in a Khabib rematch if he has the same hunger for "redemption" as in the past.

Back