1. Season 6 of the International Shoop League is now active! Click here to vote on your favorite shoop submissions!

So... just how good is Conor McGregor?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by akeller901, Oct 12, 2018.

1. The Fat Mexican

The Fat Mexican ¡Qué rollo con el hoyo!

He's a fun midget-crusher

FlowchartRog and Joohnmatrix like this.
  2. Massapiece

Massapiece Brown Belt

Hes Chris Leben post Anderson Silva beat down.

chitoortiz likes this.
  3. MEAN357

MEAN357 DMF belt

Never been a fan of the guy but you can't deny his accomplishments on the way up. Only guy to beat Max in fking forever, demolished porier who was just slated for a #1 contender fight (before his injury?), absolutely crushed the FW GOAT in Aldo, Demolished Alvarez who's still a player at LW and came off an absolute demolition of RDA who was the boogyman at LW at the time. First 2 weight champ ect.

Obviously I dont think he was ever built to make a ton of title defenses nor do i rank him as an ATG, he came into the sport to make a ton of money and get it and imo he doesn't have the heart to fight at the top level anymore. He rode his wave and did some impressive shit before it crashed into shore. He was good for the sport and honestly in retrospect I'm gonna miss how he brought the big fight aura, no real stars on the horizon for UFC any time soon.

TheChipBandit likes this.
  4. BoyGeorge

BoyGeorge Banned Banned

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Credo and akeller901 like this.
  5. akeller901

akeller901 White Belt

Good one go back to your spicy Cheetos and jerking off to Khabib wrestling the bear cub

6. akeller901

akeller901 White Belt

No one here called him the GOAT nice try tho

7. BoyGeorge

BoyGeorge Banned Banned

Conor is the fucken GOAT, regardless of his fluke loss to Khabib.

akeller901 likes this.
  8. akeller901

akeller901 White Belt

Wow, I really really do appreciate someone with a level head like you, thank you for being so rational and logical, I agree with you 100%

piropiro and Usedtobeablackbelt like this.
  9. Arqueto176

Arqueto176 READ MY SIG, AND SUPPORT THE SHOOP TROOPS

bork1}

BoyGeorge likes this.
  10. akeller901

akeller901 White Belt

Man Edgar would get merked, you saw him get lit up by a BJJ artist, maybe in his prime but not when Conor was on the come up, just because he's the only decent featherweight he didn't fight dosent make him "the guy who would fuck up Conor". Also he beats everyone at lightweight not named Khabib, his grabbling improved and it showed in the Khabib fight, Khabibs jusybin a leauge of his own

King Joffery likes this.
  11. Spookv

Spookv Brown Belt

I'll let you go on, when & if Conor ever fights again specially another LW. You can say that all you want, I'll hold judgement until he beats a few top LW.

Mamou likes this.
  12. King Joffery

King Joffery Brown Belt

Thats a nonsense.
    Poirer is 5'9", didn't take him long to get him out of there. Knocked 6' Nate on his ass 3 times.

akeller901 likes this.
  13. akeller901

akeller901 White Belt

Either he fights Nate or if Khabib gets suspended he fights Tony, he KOs either one of them

14. Phronimos

Phronimos The truth don't have to be validated by ignorance.

Conor is elite level. He isn't the best but he is great. His haters are blinded by their emotions. His wrestling was impressive in his last fight.

15. Zefram Cochrane

Zefram Cochrane Red belt in warp theory and practice.

His left hand is very good. I heard he calls it the 'midget slayer'.

16. Spookv

Spookv Brown Belt

That's your opinion & my opinion is he gets fucken smeshed, a blue print is there. I highly doubt he will ever fight a 3 round fight again. If not all his fights from now on will be 5s.

17. grimballer

grimballer Silver Belt

Fw = contender

Lw = gatekeeper

Mamou likes this.
  18. robbie

robbie Brown Belt

• Khabib crushes Conor if they rematch
    • Ferguson crushes Conor
    • Lee crushes Conor
    • I would favor Poirier in a rematch as I think he has progressed considerably from their fight at 145 due to his time with ATT. I'm confident the game plan would take into consideration his advantage on the ground and be a little more conservative standing vs. brawling and not be so open to Conor's great left hand counter.
    • I would probably favor Barboza and I would love to see this fight. Barboza would put a hurting on Conor's lead leg.
    • I think Conor beats Diaz in the trilogy rematch
    • I think Conor beats Alvarez in the rematch by TKO. Alvarez is an aggressive pressure fighter with great heart, but his shorter reach combined with his winging wide punches in full brawl mode is tailor made for a technical counter striker like Conor. Plus Conor has a huge mental edge.
    • I might go with Iaquinta due to his solid boxing chops plus a wrestling pedigree.
    • I would probably favor Conor over Gaethje and I would love to see this fight. However, Gaethje might put a serious hurting on Conor's lead leg which could change the fight given Conor's habit of quitting when the going gets tough. But Gaethje is a straight ahead brawler who doesn't even use his wrestling pedigree. I think Conor lands something big prior to needing his lead leg amputated...
    • I'm assuming Masvidal and Cerrone don't come back down to 155 for a big money fight vs. Conor but it could happen. Cerrone is still a big name and Conor was/is the biggest star in the UFC for now. I think either one beats Conor although these two are prone to strange results from time to time.

19. Credo

Credo Punishment Belt

<FookIsThatGuy>

Arqueto176 and akeller901 like this.
  20. akeller901

akeller901 White Belt

He dosent need 5 rounds, Tony got knocked down by Pettis's below average boxing, he's never been hit by someone with power, timing and precision like Conor, Nate also gets KOed at 155, he was knocked down 3 times at 170