So... just how good is Conor McGregor?

akeller901

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
We saw him rise through the ranks of featherweight, he stopped Chad after a round and a half and getting cut up, granted it was short notice but still impressive performance. Never saw how good he was against Aldo but his incredible fight IQ lead him to seeing how anxious he was to swing at Conor, took Diaz fight lightly was also a bad match up for him but destroyed him for the forst round and most of the rematch, outclasses Eddie in every way, incredible performance, had his little thing with Floyd impressesed some people, comes back seemingly without that same fire and losses to the best light weight in the world, won a round against him but got handled bythe worst matchup and hardest opponent for anyone in the division, so where does this leave him?

At Featherweight he is perfect(too bad he will never be 145 again)
At Lightweight a top 10 guy or top 15

Last edited:
'so where does this leave him?'

Right here:

bWCpKse.jpg

Last edited:
very good to earn large amounts of money but not good enough to be one of the best fighters

Never saw how good he was against Aldo? That fight is literally 14 seconds lol.

Anyway's he's pretty great but not the best.

#KhabibTime

I thought white belts weren't allowed to make threads...

We saw him rise through the ranks of featherweight, he stopped Chad after a round and a half and getting cut up, granted it was short notice but still impressive performance. Never saw how good he was against Aldo but his incredible fight IQ lead him to seeing how anxious he was to swing at Conor, took Diaz fight lightly was also a bad match up for him but destroyed him for the forst round and most of the rematch, outclasses Eddie in every way, incredible performance, had his little thing with Floyd impressesed some people, comes back seemingly without that same fire and losses to the best light weight in the world, won a round against him but got handled bythe worst matchup and hardest opponent for anyone in the division, so where does this leave him?

Conor is legitimately great at 145. But he’s only 3-3 vs. adult-sized humans.

His power has no effect on people over 5 foot 7.

Never saw how good he was against Aldo? That fight is literally 14 seconds lol.

Anyway's he's pretty great but not the best.

#KhabibTime

What are you saying bro I said we didn't see how good he was because it was so short...

Conor is legitimately great at 145. But he’s only 3-3 vs. adult-sized humans.

His power has no effect on people over 5 foot 7.

He did knock down Eddie, I know he's short, and also Diaz in the beginning of the two fights just not KO shots

He is still as good as he always was. Incredible left hand counters, solid overall boxing and apparently quite good defensive grappling. I think he'll be top 5 if he sticks around.

Very good, but susceptible to wrestlers. Lee would murk him, and I would bet on Poirier in a rematch, or Diaz in a trilogy match. Arguably Eddie as well. I also think someone like Dennis Bermudez would give him all he could handle.

Last edited:
Back