So Jones is greater than DC, but scared to fight in the bigger weightclass DC is champ in?

Jones is 10 yrs younger, has a 12" reach advantage, is 6 ft 4 with much less body fat, but still has to resort to steroids.

FYI its not 2008 anymore. You don't earn UFC title shots in the Octagon you earn them with Instagram and Twitter followers. Bader has great wrestling, KO power, submissions and cardio but his Social Media game is white belt level. Sad but true. He actually deserved a shot at DC before he left.
There's no big stars in the UFC at LHW outside of Jones, if Jones beats Gus, they pretty much got to go to the next guy because other than superfights theres nothing. Hell, I think there's a decent chance Jones beats Gus. DC beats Brock. Retires. Jones vs Rumble is made for vacant HW title. So who exactly is getting the LHW title shots? Whoever is left over.

You people are crazy. He beat him up badly twice. He rested his hand on his head while DC sat down. It's like big brother vs little brother.

Jones > DC

Doesnt really make sense does it?
If he was that good
- he wouldnt be affraid to fight an actual heavyweight
- he wouldnt need to he steroided
- he is 10 years younger

All in all, Jones just has DC's number although unknown what would happen at HW without needles.
But Jones admission he is scared to fight a true hw means he admits he knows he cant compete at that level

Compare with Cormier a guy who will fight anyone, drug free, at age 40 and the current baddest SOB on the planet.

Unless Jones is willing to fight anyone at heavyweight, he is admitting he is not the GOAT. He is admitting he cant accomplish what DC is able to do in the higher weightclass. He will always be no.2 to DC
He will be the guy who ruled lhw on drugs, but couldnt make it in the upper weightclass.
My suspicion is his fear stems from getting his ass kicked by his brothers his whole life.

Dude has no interest in giving up mass. Learned a psychological tick that has him terrified of larger opponents.

The craziest thing is DC is a fat fuck even at lwh dude could probaly make middle weight if he was actualy lean
He did, for years, as a wrestler, and it almost killed him. Go check out his bio.

Why didn't he call out Stipe, or Werdum, or Cain?

But again, I never said Jones had to make a weight class change. I said he wanted no part of it before 2017. And if he did, we would've heard about it.

1. The answer is money. Brock pays so much when you get PPV points that any fighter on the roster from Fly Weight to HW would take that fight if they could get it.

2. Jones did say he would likely move to HW later in his career WHEN he was older and had filled out his frame and cutting was harder. Jones hasn't cleared out LHW, mainly because he keeps fucking up.

I personally would like to see Gus beat his ass and take the LHW belt and then move to HW and take DC's other belt. Mainly because Jones cheats and DC claimed he would defend LHW while holding both belts but refused for it to be Gus and called for Shogun of all people.

Yes Lewis is So highly skilled, he would beat the shit out of Jones. I mean seriously who could even question that?

Well, he had several opportunities to move-up, he teased about it and never actually did it. Let's not act like it would have been an issue to put the LHW belt on hold when Jones was facing Sonnen and Vitor.

This whole double champ thing did not start to become popular until a certain Irishman pulled it off. Then suddenly everyone wanted to do it.

HW is pretty weak but even so is much more deep than current LHW. I mean LHW is so terrible where you have a journeyman MW like Anthony Smith is literally running through the division.

Historically speaking though, light heavyweight is the greatest class in the history of the sport. And years ago when Jones was younger, he was defeating one legend after another.

Except Jones himself doesn't think so. He said he would not fight DC at Heavyweight and give DC the advantage.

Oh for god sake’s talk about hearing only what you want to hear. It is called gamesmanship. You seriously think an alpha motherfucker like Jones who threw down with DC in a street fight at the drop of a hat is scared to fight him anywhere anytime? Not even close.

Has Jones not said repeatedly he would not go to HW?
Not that I have heard. I heard early in his career that he would eventually end up at HW. Not sure why he would need to go to HW when he still has challenges at LHW. He would have cleaned out the LHW division if he hadn't F'd up so much and missed so much time but I want to see him vs Gus again. He never fought Rumble before he retired and became a huge HW. There are a few up and coming LHWs that would be a good test for Jones.

There's no big stars in the UFC at LHW outside of Jones, if Jones beats Gus, they pretty much got to go to the next guy because other than superfights theres nothing. Hell, I think there's a decent chance Jones beats Gus. DC beats Brock. Retires. Jones vs Rumble is made for vacant HW title. So who exactly is getting the LHW title shots? Whoever is left over.

How does one become a "Big Star" in the UFC? It used to be by beating the best fighters and climbing the rankings to get to the top. Now that guys do not get title fights no matter how many wins they get (Ferguson, Porier) while guys who only 1 top 5 win get a shot because they do a pro wrasslin gimmick (Colby) or negotiate it in contract negotiations (Eddie Alvarez).

Stars in a sport get there by winning first. The UFC used to be build in a foundation of the best fight the best but now it's the most popular regardless of records and accomplishments.

Doesnt really make sense does it?
If he was that good
- he wouldnt be affraid to fight an actual heavyweight
- he wouldnt need to he steroided
- he is 10 years younger

All in all, Jones just has DC's number although unknown what would happen at HW without needles.
But Jones admission he is scared to fight a true hw means he admits he knows he cant compete at that level

Compare with Cormier a guy who will fight anyone, drug free, at age 40 and the current baddest SOB on the planet.

Unless Jones is willing to fight anyone at heavyweight, he is admitting he is not the GOAT. He is admitting he cant accomplish what DC is able to do in the higher weightclass. He will always be no.2 to DC
He will be the guy who ruled lhw on drugs, but couldnt make it in the upper weightclass.

But...still...even with all you posted...Jones beat Cormier TWICE.
Two times. TWO..in a ROW...and convincingly.
Jones is basically undefeated..he really doesnt have to do anything or go anywhere.
Just because Cormier will fight anyone at any time doesnt mean Cormier is "better" than Jones..because..he clearly is not.

Jones would beat every single HW. Every... last... one. HW is the weakest division in MMA and always will be as long as the NFL exists.

Simply put, Jones is the best fighter the sport has ever seen. Hes beat DC twice, and he would do it again at HW. This isnt even a discussion.

Oh for god sake’s talk about hearing only what you want to hear. It is called gamesmanship. You seriously think an alpha motherfucker like Jones who threw down with DC in a street fight at the drop of a hat is scared to fight him anywhere anytime? Not even close.
I don't think Jon Jones is scared to fight DC at HW, I just think he is being strategic in the fights he takes. He knows HW is a different animal and he doesn't have at least one of the necessary tools to thrive there which is power in his hands. He has a chin at LHW but it's untested against heavier hitters. A fight with Rumble could have shed some light on that. Otherwise he has the size and skill to do well there with the exception that his reach advantage will diminish.

Jones would beat every single HW. Every... last... one. HW is the weakest division in MMA and always will be as long as the NFL exists.

Simply put, Jones is the best fighter the sport has ever seen. Hes beat DC twice, and he would do it again at HW. This isnt even a discussion.
You're stretching.

Not every big man can make it in the NFL. Jones would not beat every HW, you and I both know that. If that was the case, Jones would of went up. Jones would be at a disadvantage fighting at HW. Guys like Miocic, Lewis, Ngannou, JDS, Werdum and Velasquez would give him fits or would knock him the fuck out. There's a difference between getting tagged by Machida, Evans, Gus and DC versus getting tagged by Miocic, Lewis, Ngannou and JDS.

Back