So Jones is greater than DC, but scared to fight in the bigger weightclass DC is champ in?

TheMaster

Take The Road To Reality
@red
Reaction score
Doesnt really make sense does it?
If he was that good
- he wouldnt be affraid to fight an actual heavyweight
- he wouldnt need to he steroided
- he is 10 years younger

All in all, Jones just has DC's number although unknown what would happen at HW without needles.
But Jones admission he is scared to fight a true hw means he admits he knows he cant compete at that level

Compare with Cormier a guy who will fight anyone, drug free, at age 40 and the current baddest SOB on the planet.

Unless Jones is willing to fight anyone at heavyweight, he is admitting he is not the GOAT. He is admitting he cant accomplish what DC is able to do in the higher weightclass. He will always be no.2 to DC
He will be the guy who ruled lhw on drugs, but couldnt make it in the upper weightclass.

I think DC smash JBJ at HW tbh....

Homeboy probably cokes himself out of his mind to make weight too

Who said he’s scared? Your making shit up.

Well, he had several opportunities to move-up, he teased about it and never actually did it. Let's not act like it would have been an issue to put the LHW belt on hold when Jones was facing Sonnen and Vitor.

Has bones ever fought at HW?

It'll be hard for Jones to bulk up to HW without roids.

OTOH it may be easy without routine coke binges...

Lol remember when LHWs weren't so skeert of HW?

You don't have to fight at HW to be the GOAT. Which is why i.e. GSP and Anderson are in the mix. You can say that Jones could easily fight at hw, but he's never done so, and he hasn't ever been close to missing weight at 205. So he's a lhw by definition. DC isn't. He's fought at HW before, and he's actually cutting more than Jones to make lhw. He's simply built differently.

Basically, there's no reason for Jones to become a hw to be considered the GOAT.

Jones probably is greater than DC, but if you want to mix in all the factors we have to consider,...the answer isn't so clear cut.

You're right that we have to consider DC being 30 when he began MMA, that he's undersized and often outgunned on the feet and still manages to win time after time. Jon is also a fucking winner...and he has two victories over DC. I dunno.

Mighty mouse is greater than DC, but he is scared to fight at HW, i guess he sucks

<{yearp}>

Jones isn't like DC, where he needs to cut 30-40 pounds and lean on a towel to make LHW. He's a natural LHW, and saying he needs to fight outside of his natural weight in order to be great is just ridiculous.

Fatter DC would have as much chance of beating Jones as fat DC did at 205.
If Jones had moved up he'd have beaten all the UFC HWs as HW is rubbish. DC and Bader have shown it's not just the UFC HWs who are terrible, all HW are terrible.

There's never been a dominant HW champ in the UFC, Stipe had the UFC record and didn't even last a round against DC so there was never really any point in a top LHW going up and beating them.

<SelenaWow> I would expect better from a dinosaur account, this is the best you can do for a I hate Jon thread? I've seen baby dates just joined 2day come with better threads than this played out Jon's afraid to fight HW with all them athletic fast & fit HW's because all fight fanz know that division is stocked with extreme talent and skill God forbid if he should ever face a Black Beast nothing but trouble for Jones.

As we've discussed previously,....any of the fighters from Middleweight to Heavyweight have similar frames...they can easily do damage to each other and the benefits of sheer size starts to drop as you go up.

I don't exactly fault Jones for not moving up. He doesn't have much mass waist down. Skinny as hell.

pound for pound strength and length is great.

HW is so much worse than LHW in almost every way, though. Why would he get praise for beating easier opponents?

Not to mention Jon's size has always been greatly exaggerated by miserable haters. DC had over 20 lbs on him when they fought.

Jones probably is greater than DC, but if you want to mix in all the factors we have to consider,...the answer isn't so clear cut.

You're right that we have to consider DC being 30 when he began MMA, that he's undersized and often outgunned on the feet and still manages to win time after time. Jon is also a fucking winner...and he has two victories over DC. I dunno.
What also needs to be considered is that DC has a speed advantage over most HWs that along with his high level makes him able to beat bigger guys. At LHW DC is bigger (thicker not taller or more ripped) and stronger than most which is how he wins. Jones at HW may or may not have the power to beat Reem or Hunt or Stipe but he likely has the speed and skill to beat DC.

Just because Rock can't beat Scissors and Paper beats Rock doesn't mean Paper beats Scissors.

Back