So Jones is greater than DC, but scared to fight in the bigger weightclass DC is champ in?

DC cherry picked an easy ass fight with Lewis instead of rightfully giving Stipe a rematch. Yet yall want to call out Jones for not moving up to HW to face a guy he's beaten twice. The hypocrisy and ass backwards logic on MMA forums is ridiculous.

You don't have to fight at HW to be the GOAT. Which is why i.e. GSP and Anderson are in the mix. You can say that Jones could easily fight at hw, but he's never done so, and he hasn't ever been close to missing weight at 205. So he's a lhw by definition. DC isn't. He's fought at HW before, and he's actually cutting more than Jones to make lhw. He's simply built differently.

Basically, there's no reason for Jones to become a hw to be considered the GOAT.
Yes but DC has surpassed him now.

DC cherry picked an easy ass fight with Lewis instead of rightfully giving Stipe a rematch. Yet yall want to call out Jones for not moving up to HW to face a guy he's beaten twice. The hypocrisy and ass backwards logic on MMA forums is ridiculous.
Why does stipe deserve rematch?

Jones has beat former and current HW champions

Gus has never fought at HW, foremost Gus lost to Jones

So that fantasy doesnt work

Fantasy? I don’t know what you are talking about but the fact is Jones spoke about fighting at HW consistently until the Gus beating which he then did a u-turn

Jones vs JDS or maybe like Ben Rothwell. Those guys would be a great measuring stick to see how he's gonna do in the division.

Jon did say if he went to HW he would be putting all the cards in DC's favour.
I don't think Jon is scared of anyone though, he's so self indulged it's scary

DC is certainly a better HW, as Jones has never competed there. Then again, DC is a natural HW - considering his massive weightcut to get to lhw.

Who are we to say that Jones wouldn't beat DC at HW? Maybe he would. He's beat him twice, though. That's what we do know.

Jones is also a natural heavyweight.

Go eat a dick b!tch and read the sig son, drugs ain't got sh!t to do with fight IQ, style, or heart. If and when they do I might consider use of them too.

So if the drugs dont do anything, why does he keep getting busted with them?

He just enjoy the flavor?

One thing weve learned from Sherdog

Jones is afraid of EVERYONE he smashes, everyone. Its crazy he has to be the most "scared" cage fighter on the planet.

I know this is just a vapid hate thread but a couple things to consider.

-Jones was 217lbs when he beat the life of of Shogun for gold.

-Hes challenged Stipe when Werdum pulled out.

-He challenged Brock for a pay day

- HWs in his camp & fighters like Schuab and DC said he can beat any HW (he beat the brakes off DC twice)

-Hes been suspended like 5 times in 5 years. When would have taken on HWs in his career?

A few more things to consider:

He challenged Stipe and Brock when he knew the fight wouldnt happen. I've also challenged them. I must be the best HW ever too. After all, I have the same record as Jon Jones does at HW.

He's had the chance to fight at HW his whole career.... he hasn't. He could have been the first double champ a long time before Conor or DC..... but the fact is he just doesnt have the balls to try it. He doesnt even have the balls to fight at LHW without getting busted for steroids.

Facts, homie.

Hopefully they fight at hwy but small chance.

Actually I think that DC made mistake coming down to 205, beacuse of Cain. If he had stayed, he could have been champ for long time, imagine if he had been defending belt all of this time. Nobody would believe that Jones could beat him, and Jones would need to come to hwy to prove himself. DC could have cleaned hwy division, that would be same or even more impresive than Fedor’s run back in the day.

what exactly did he do to deserve the rematch?

Not surprised Jon ducks HW, he doesnt even have enough co fidemce in himself to fight clean at his own weight class, and ducks mw's like Sonnen on a full training camp.

The issue is:
He is a convicted drug cheat, so needs to stfu not still taunt DC and act like he is all that.
Its like if the olympic gold medalist in wrestling is stripped of his gold for steroids but then still taunts the silver medalist.
The guy would be called out or beatdown quick. Same applies.

If he admits he cant compete in the division his rival is dominant in, then he admits he is not as good a fighter.
Especially as he is frigging 6"4, lets not pretend he or Gus could not make heavy without much difficulty.

Also, you are a 2007 account so why the juvenile name calling at the other poster still at your age?

Hopefully as the Iron Sheik would say, 'Gustafson breaks Jons back, fucks his ass and makes him humble'.

Nobody cares about HW's it's skill less division with it's one highlight of someone might get KO'ed Jon has never had a issue making 205, so why this urgency of haters wanting him to fight heavy? even if Jon was to go heavy he would be a lighter heavyweight seeing he's not a big bodied guy like Cormier whose tick & stout and can easily carry big boy weight. As a lighter heavyweight why not fight at LHW..?

As far as I'm concerned he's fighting at his proper weight class height & size are two different things man just because you're 6'4 don't mean you're a heavyweight. You all b!tching seems you all forgot before he popped he called out Brock Lesnar 1st, and DC had to come behind Jon and showed he can call out Brock too.

So if the drugs dont do anything, why does he keep getting busted with them?

He just enjoy the flavor?

Peds increase fight IQ? Steroids define your style of fighting? Because those are the things I like watching Jon for. As far as I know training, recovery, strength, & conditioning are what performance enhancers effect am I wrong?

He said that cards would be in DC'S favor if he did it...

He also said that he would fight DC a third time if he had been beaten, but that he doesn't see any reason to fight DC when he already beat him twice. I am not a JBJ fanboy but I do think you are reading too much into the situation.

If he truly isn't afraid this is a great opportunity for him to become double champ and solidify his legacy. He won't though, cause #JonesKnows

What if Jon puts on 20 lbs too..

He has much lower body fat than Cormier has ever had, so it wouldn't be hard for him.
it's not hard to put 20lbs?!?

Of fat maybe, wouldn't help tho.

Back