So Big John said Stoolgate wasn't Yoel's fault on the Rogan Podcast...

It doesn't make it much less of a sore spot even if it could be demonstrated that Yoel had exactly nothing to do with it. I'm sure even for Kennedy his gonna spend the remainder of his life thinking of how different things could have gone had Yoel been forced to answer the ref after round 2 in the same amount of time he was.

It doesn't make it much less of a sore spot even if it could be demonstrated that Yoel had exactly nothing to do with it. I'm sure even for Kennedy his gonna spend the remainder of his life thinking of how different things could have gone had Yoel been forced to answer the ref after round 2 in the same amount of time he was.
I'm in the minority who thinks theres a possibility that it goes the same.

You're talking about a guy with how many third round knockouts now? He clearly saves his energy for that explosion and the thirty extra seconds to recover... who knows what a difference it made.

Also, Kennedy has 0 room to bitch. He got his ass whipped for all but 9 seconds of the fight and the 9 seconds were the direct result of cheating.

Yoels corner had nothing to do with it, this is an example of the blind hate people point out. Even when its clearly explained to you, you chose your own wrong agenda of what happened instead lol. pathetic

Lol sensitive much? They knew exactly what they were doing, as they're constantly gaming the system. These kinds of tactics are frequently employed in Olympic events. I even agree with John that it's the officials fault for allowing it, but Big John can't speak to their motives. They saw an opportunity to give their clearly rocked fighter a longer break and seized it.

To be great you also have to get lucky. Yoel just caught a break that fight.

Joe brought it up directly to Tim Kennedy who responds:

"I know it was a perfect storm, I was just talking shit, I wasn't complaining."

Big John said to Joe that it wasn't Yoel or his corner's fault. the UFC cutman put a huge glob of vaseline on Yoel's eye and Big John was screaming at the cutman to get back in the octagon to clean it off. He said the UFC cutman didn't understand/was taking his sweet time/couldn't hear and was slow coming back in the cage so Big John took a towel from the corner guys and does it himself after a few seconds.

Big John never asked Yoel to stand up (who was clearly stunned). Yoel seems to just wait out the confusion knowing that big John is trying to get the cutman to get back in the octagon. Yoel's recount of events (from his Rogan podcast) coincides with this 100%. He said he was stunned and didn't have a good concept of time. He said he was semi out of it and didn't know it had been more than a minute. He knew Kennedy was standing but he thought Tim was purposely rushing to finish him off. He didn't know the rest was over time. He just knew big John was trying to sort some confusion out, and hadn't asked him to stand up.

Yoel said Big John was asking the UFC guy to come clean him off. Yoel also said that his corner knew Big John was yelling at someone but they don't speak English so they didn't know what the confusion was about at all and had to be explained after the fact.
Big John said the very next day it was his fault. People just want to hear, believe and blame who they want.

I'm in the minority who thinks theres a possibility that it goes the same.

You're talking about a guy with how many third round knockouts now? He clearly saves his energy for that explosion and the thirty extra seconds to recover... who knows what a difference it made.

Also, Kennedy has 0 room to bitch. He got his ass whipped for all but 9 seconds of the fight and the 9 seconds were the direct result of cheating.

I definitely think there is a substantial possibility it could have gone either way. We all know fairly well how dangerous Romero can be in the third round. I still think you can look at Romero Kennedy, consider how different the MW division could have progressed without that extra time, even if it's only a possibility, and see what could have been for Kennedy had he managed to get a win by decision instead of getting finished in a way that can legit alter fight careers.

Yet no one talks about the fact that the only reason he was rocked in the first place was due to Kennedy holding the inside of Romero's glove and using it to hit him 3 or 4 times.

Lol sensitive much? They knew exactly what they were doing, as they're constantly gaming the system. These kinds of tactics are frequently employed in Olympic events. I even agree with John that it's the officials fault for allowing it, but Big John can't speak to their motives. They saw an opportunity to give their clearly rocked fighter a longer break and seized it.
You could just say you're going to blame Romero no matter what and avoid all this nonsense.

No one gave Yoel a break. Big John told yoel to stay on the stool.

What's funny is the same people trying to crucify Yoel are the same people that stay quiet about Kennedy holding onto Yoel's gloves preventing him from defending himself against the very punches that rocked him.

You could just say you're going to blame Romero no matter what and avoid all this nonsense.

No one gave Yoel a break. Big John told yoel to stay on the stool.

What's funny is the same people trying to crucify Yoel are the same people that stay quiet about Kennedy holding onto Yoel's gloves preventing him from defending himself against the very punches that rocked him.

You're pretty much wrong on all counts. Just like Romero not getting up off his stool, Kennedy knew exactly what he was doing and it's the refs fault for not preventing it/punishing for it.

I'm impartial to Romero, not a fan or a hater, but if you want to pretend he's not a dirty fighter, that's up to you. Grabbing the cage to stop the takedown against Jacare; dumping water all over himself; stoolgate; "tainted supplements."

Yeah, Yoel is a beacon of integrity and his motives shouldn't be questioned lol.

You're pretty much wrong on all counts. Just like Romero not getting up off his stool, Kennedy knew exactly what he was doing and it's the refs fault for not preventing it/punishing for it.

I'm impartial to Romero, not a fan or a hater, but if you want to pretend he's not a dirty fighter, that's up to you. Grabbing the cage to stop the takedown against Jacare; dumping water all over himself; stoolgate; "tainted supplements."

Yeah, Yoel is a beacon of integrity and his motives shouldn't be questioned lol.
Yeah you're so impartial.

What am I wrong about? Big John told him to stay on the stool. That's the ref and part of fight instructions is obey the ref commands at all times.

And i still don't hear you saying anything about Kennedy's cheating or him taking 2 years off at exactly the time USADA came along to completely flush his body out.

What are you talking about?
The point is that the officials were at fault, not Yoel, not his corner.

I'm saying that he could have feigned not understanding what was happening due to not speaking English so he could stall and get more time on the stool.

Like, you ask Anderson Silva a question he doesn't like. He just goes "oh, me English not so good! No understand!' And then, as Chael says, he'll speak "the king's English" in the next interview.

except it wasn't Yoels corner that initiated the foul or was involved in fixing it. Are you really this dumb or just trolling lol?

Yeah you're so impartial.

What am I wrong about? Big John told him to stay on the stool. That's the ref and part of fight instructions is obey the ref commands at all times.

And i still don't hear you saying anything about Kennedy's cheating or him taking 2 years off at exactly the time USADA came along to completely flush his body out.
lol the guy you are arguing with is simply retarded man, I wouldn't stress it to much

There might have been other stuff going on, but Yoel and his corner knew exactly what they were doing. I sort of agree that it wasn't their fault though. The officials allowed it to happen.

Pretty smart tactic to get your rocked fighter more time on the stool. Not really ethical but it saved Yoels ass.

There might have been other stuff going on, but Yoel and his corner knew exactly what they were doing. I sort of agree that it wasn't their fault though. The officials allowed it to happen.
Well Yoel was rocked so no he probably really did not know what he was doing

Back