So Big John said Stoolgate wasn't Yoel's fault on the Rogan Podcast...

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
Joe brought it up directly to Tim Kennedy who responds:

"I know it was a perfect storm, I was just talking shit, I wasn't complaining."

Big John said to Joe that it wasn't Yoel or his corner's fault. the UFC cutman put a huge glob of vaseline on Yoel's eye and Big John was screaming at the cutman to get back in the octagon to clean it off. He said the UFC cutman didn't understand/was taking his sweet time/couldn't hear and was slow coming back in the cage so Big John took a towel from the corner guys and does it himself after a few seconds.

Big John never asked Yoel to stand up (who was clearly stunned). Yoel seems to just wait out the confusion knowing that big John is trying to get the cutman to get back in the octagon. Yoel's recount of events (from his Rogan podcast) coincides with this 100%. He said he was stunned and didn't have a good concept of time. He said he was semi out of it and didn't know it had been more than a minute. He knew Kennedy was standing but he thought Tim was purposely rushing to finish him off. He didn't know the rest was over time. He just knew big John was trying to sort some confusion out, and hadn't asked him to stand up.

Yoel said Big John was asking the UFC guy to come clean him off. Yoel also said that his corner knew Big John was yelling at someone but they don't speak English so they didn't know what the confusion was about at all and had to be explained after the fact.

Yoel has a history of bending the rules and that's why I like him lol. If you ain't cheating you ain't trying.

Yoel said Big John was asking the UFC guy to come clean him off. Yoel also said that his corner knew Big John was yelling at someone but they don't speak English so they didn't know what the confusion was about at all and had to be explained after the fact.

I see an easy remedy for situations like this.

Kennedy went on JRE the next day and basically said the same thing, and that he was just talking shit at the time.

Yoel has a history of bending the rules and that's why I like him lol. If you ain't cheating you ain't trying.
I actually think it’s just confirmation bias on behalf of fans. He looks like a science experiment. People look at everything he does with a dark cloud of cheating. The water on the body thing? Watch a ufc event and look for how many guys do it. It’s A LOT. GSP did it, Weidman did it, and Rogan pointed it out against Weidman!

We are just super hyper vigilant with Yoel. God forbid he nut shots someone by accident and he’s gonna be the worse cheater in the history of the sport.

There might have been other stuff going on, but Yoel and his corner knew exactly what they were doing. I sort of agree that it wasn't their fault though. The officials allowed it to happen.

yea anyone who didn't understand this happened either didn't watch it go down or just has a personal hate agenda against YOEL

Big John doesn't strike me as the type of guy to ever admit he fucked up.

There might have been other stuff going on, but Yoel and his corner knew exactly what they were doing. I sort of agree that it wasn't their fault though. The officials allowed it to happen.
Yoels corner had nothing to do with it, this is an example of the blind hate people point out. Even when its clearly explained to you, you chose your own wrong agenda of what happened instead lol. pathetic

Except in this case Yoel did nothing wrong, at all. Not even bending the rules.

Yoels corner had nothing to do with it, this is an example of the blind hate people point out. Even when its clearly explained to you, you chose your own wrong agenda of what happened instead lol. pathetic
Emcompasses 70% of people on my Facebook talking about politics

I am surprised that people were ever doubting a man of god such as Yoel "Soldier of God" Romero.

His absolute innocence was never in question for me but it warms my heart that the truth was revealed in recent times, because as we know from John 8:32 - the truth will set you free.

Thus my surprise. He deserved the blame for that.
You aren't wrong about Big John.

I remember when Barboza fought Ferguson. Ferguson rocked him badly with an illegal uptick and John looked right at rocked Edson and said "that didn't hit you, you're not hurt." Edson didn't take the five minutes and went right back in.

Afterwards, I read on twitter that someone asked about it and how it did visibly hit him and make his eyes roll back and he responded "shit happens".

Knowing what we now know about Edson, Big John accused him of wanting out of a fight he was winning by faking a foul.

Back