Skyrim Special Edition

Just bought this game, great so far but the combat is really lacking.

I started a 2 handed tank build, no lock on makes melee garbage. Mammoths and giants pushing my shit in ATM, I'm guessing they're supposed to at this level.
Indeed, Mammoths and giants are hardcore. You must reach high level or use specific tactics to even engage them...

Indeed, Mammoths and giants are hardcore. You must reach high level or use specific tactics to even engage them...
I'm level 9 right now. Even some of the casters are pushing my shit in. Their attack is a constant stream, how do you dodge it? Circling around them?

I'm level 9 right now. Even some of the casters are pushing my shit in. Their attack is a constant stream, how do you dodge it? Circling around them?
Sneak attacks are good in the early game for beating casters. As you play look for items with magic/frost defence etc. Later on if you don't have those, casters will fuck you up.

Sneak attacks are good in the early game for beating casters. As you play look for items with magic/frost defence etc. Later on if you don't have those, casters will fuck you up.
Wispmother absolutely destroyed me while I was heading to High Hrothgard. I'm just rocking heavy armor now and an Orcish Greatsword. It one shots most human enemies and animals but the magic dudes can usually out-DPS me.

Wispmother absolutely destroyed me while I was heading to High Hrothgard. I'm just rocking heavy armor now and an Orcish Greatsword. It one shots most human enemies and animals but the magic dudes can usually out-DPS me.

Yeah, sneak attacks or using a follower to tank the damage until you find stuff with the resistances like fire, frost, lightning and magic. There are also potions for them I think.

The best way to stop constant stream is to drain them of their magika. A weapon that absobs magika is perfect for that. For example, a 2-hand build like yours would fall in love with that:
maxresdefault.jpg

Not only do you drain the victim's magicka, you absorb it into your own pool. You can enchant your own weapon with that. Otherwise, the best tactic is to sneak on them and kill them before they can cast.

Charging blindly forward is the fastest way to die in Skyrim.

The best way to stop constant stream is to drain them of their magika. A weapon that absobs magika is perfect for that. For example, a 2-hand build like yours would fall in love with that:
maxresdefault.jpg

Not only do you drain the victim's magicka, you absorb it into your own pool. You can enchant your own weapon with that. Otherwise, the best tactic is to sneak on them and kill them before they can cast.

Charging blindly forward is the fastest way to die in Skyrim.
I'm used to bringing the pain in Dark Souls so this combat is a lot to get used to. That said, I don't even get mad when I die in this game. For one, I can see it coming and it doesn't feel cheap, and also, the death animations are hilarious. A giant clubbed me clean across the screen.

Its amazing to me people are still rocking on Elder Scrolls 5. I've been waiting for Elder Scrolls 6, give it to me Bethesda, you bastards.

Its amazing to me people are still rocking on Elder Scrolls 5. I've been waiting for Elder Scrolls 6, give it to me Bethesda, you bastards.
My guess would be Elder Scrolls 6 comes out in 2019-2020 maybe.

It sucks because there hasn't been a higher budget open world fantasy games that I know about over the past several years (besides the witcher III and skyrim).

It makes me upset because its by far my favorite type of game, and I don't really enjoy mulitplayer games anymore.

My guess would be Elder Scrolls 6 comes out in 2019-2020 maybe.

It sucks because there hasn't been a higher budget open world fantasy games that I know about over the past several years (besides the witcher III and skyrim).

It makes me upset because its by far my favorite type of game, and I don't really enjoy mulitplayer games anymore.
The new RPG games rely on longtime alpha development funded by fans. For example, Kingdom Come has been in development for years and they're only at the beta phase. The kickstarter got 2M so it's not going to disapear.

Here is a video explaining the game concept. The guy calls it "the next Skyrim" but you need to watch all his walkthrough videos to have a real idea.

Intro video:

Gameplay video: huge battle!

I'm lost in a cave looking for some damn horn smh
Skyrim's dungeons and caves a very straightforward. If you really can't find your way, give some details (quest, item missing or puzzle to solve) and someone here can surely help.

Skyrim's dungeons and caves a very straightforward. If you really can't find your way, give some details (quest, item missing or puzzle to solve) and someone here can surely help.
It was a puzzle that required me to use the whirlwind shout to make it through timed gates, only to find the horn was stolen, to find it was someone looking for me in Riverrun, which led me to a dragon grave and meeting alduin, which led to me slaying a dragon and unlocking sweeeeeet sweet Become Ethereal shout.

It was a puzzle that required me to use the whirlwind shout to make it through timed gates, only to find the horn was stolen, to find it was someone looking for me in Riverrun, which led me to a dragon grave and meeting alduin, which led to me slaying a dragon and unlocking sweeeeeet sweet Become Ethereal shout.
Great. Become Ethereal is perfect to avoid trap damage or fall damage. Try to shout and jump down a cliff, it's fun!

These dungeons, think I'm supposed to be grinding and leveling or something. Getting creamed by these glowing draugrs. What's the best early melee weapon and where is it located? I'm level 10 with 42 2 handed.

These dungeons, think I'm supposed to be grinding and leveling or something. Getting creamed by these glowing draugrs. What's the best early melee weapon and where is it located? I'm level 10 with 42 2 handed.
Sneak + archery is your best bet early game.

Or sword and board with restoration magic.

My sword and shield guy is nearly immune to damage, physical or magic. I just straight bash them down in a head on fight.

Back