Skyrim Special Edition

Legendary is pretty easy once you level your character and get most of your skills and good armor

I am thinking about starting a new game and going solo archer/sneak/illusion/dagger type character

Archer/sneak is the way to go. Once you get your slow time and archery level up you can pick off multiple enemies before they even turn around. Very gratifying.

Speaking of quest mods. I DLed Moonpath to Elsewhyr last week. Takes you to the khajit homeland. Pretty cool so far. Gonna pick up the ones nickerson recommended

Speaking of quest mods. I DLed Moonpath to Elsewhyr last week. Takes you to the khajit homeland. Pretty cool so far. Gonna pick up the ones nickerson recommended
Good choice! There's a good videos about the top 10 Quest mods, here it is:

At the point in Dawnguard where you gotta grab the elder scrolls....man what a drag...

So I was supposed to be on break for the Fedor fight. Guess what I'm doing instead! I think I'm gonna go complete that Lexicon quest, it's been a while!

So I was supposed to be on break for the Fedor fight. Guess what I'm doing instead! I think I'm gonna go complete that Lexicon quest, it's been a while!

I just got this quest on my warrior lastnight before I went to bed

The smell of adventure. This is my warrior but in a enchanted sneak/lockpick/pickpoket set so I could do Thieves guild easier

I'm level 51 now I think
7bZq2sD.jpg

The smell of adventure. This is my warrior but in a enchanted sneak/lockpick/pickpoket set so I could do Thieves guild easier

I'm level 51 now I think
7bZq2sD.jpg

Nice concept: part musketeer, part pirate. Are those clothes or special armor? Anyway, he looks awesome. What's your weapon and favorite tactic?

Nice concept: part musketeer, part pirate. Are those clothes or special armor? Anyway, he looks awesome. What's your weapon and favorite tactic?

That armor is called Seadog. It might be from the immersive armor mod I downloaded

Well I don't really fight anyone in that armor besides maybe vampires due to lots of fast traveling and always showing up around the AM. I mostly just use it for some of the thieves quests like the radiant ones where you need to steal shit.

if I end up having to get into a fight with someone I just switch to this bad boy
N389ALi.jpg

This looks like a mix of Ebony and Dragon armor

I made it about 40 hours this time before throwing in the towel, I'm just way too OCD for games like this I guess. It feels more like work than a game, same feeling I had with Fallout 3 which is the only other Bethesda game I've played

@Metal_Daze

For my next character I wanted to make a thief class but I have 2 ideas. Should I go Archer,Conjuration,Sneak style or just I go Archer, Sneak, Dagger style?

@Metal_Daze

For my next character I wanted to make a thief class but I have 2 ideas. Should I go Archer,Conjuration,Sneak style or just I go Archer, Sneak, Dagger style?
For a thief, I find the Conjuration part essential. You need a distraction to keep the enemy occupied. Otherwise, you will have a hard time backstabbing or raining arrow from far away.

If you remove Conjuration from the mix, you become the main target of foes. This is perfect for a warrior but for a sneak thief, you'd better cast a minion to grab their attention. Any minion will do. Even Conjure Familiar is great to create a distraction.

The only time I would say "forget about Conjuration" is if you don't want to be bothered with any spell casting and you are playing on lower difficulties. Don't bother in that case, just go in a straight line!

I'm sure you're more interested in the diversity of scenarios the Conjuration school will create for you. One of the most useful minion is the flaming familiar. You can only receive it from a quest: it's a familiar fire wolf that explodes 10 seconds after being conjured.

Also, if you have never got it, try to get the most useful Conjuration spell: Arniel shade!
600px-SR-npc-Arniel's_Shade.jpg

He's invincible, last a whole minute and can be recast on command!

Last edited:
For a thief, I find the Conjuration part essential. You need a distraction to keep the enemy occupied. Otherwise, you will have a hard time backstabbing or raining arrow from far away.

If you remove Conjuration from the mix, you become the main target of foes. This is perfect for a warrior but for a sneak thief, you'd better cast a minion to grab their attention. Any minion will do. Even Conjure Familiar is great to create a distraction.

The only time I would say "forget about Conjuration" is if you don't want to be bothered with any spell casting and you are playing on lower difficulties. Don't bother in that case, just go in a straight line!

I'm sure you're more interested in the diversity of scenarios the Conjuration school will create for you. One of the most useful minion is the flaming familiar. You can only receive it from a quest: it's a familiar fire wolf that explodes 10 seconds after being conjured.

Also, if you have never got it, try to get the most useful Conjuration spell: Arniel shade!
600px-SR-npc-Arniel's_Shade.jpg

He's invincible, last a whole minute and can be recast on command!

I beg to differ : you can get this Dremora stick (sanguine rose or something) which you only need to refill with gems/souls really. If not mistaken, this stick is an external weapon and isn't linked to your conjuration aptitudes.

Archer/sneak is the way to go. Once you get your slow time and archery level up you can pick off multiple enemies before they even turn around. Very gratifying.

Yeah that's my built. I maxed archery as fast as I could.

With quality arrows (say, ebonite), and a good bow (I think mine is like 54 damage but it's enough), I can wipe out hordes of fuckers attacking at the same time. This paralysis thing is great too. I think it paralyses like 20 % of the time, but I can shoot 5 arrows at an enemy right next to me before he can reach me because the impact makes im loose a couple of seconds at every arrow.

In doubt, I toss in a decoy (either Astronach or Draemora from that rose stick, depending on the types of enemies).

An even then, I am so quick on my feet due to light armor also being maxed that I can escape anything without ever getting tired (high stamina as well).

Yesterday I somehow landed at this encampment in the canyon on the west of the map and I was in the middle of like 15 assholes attacking me at the same time. Escaped them all while getting scratched like 2 times.

I beg to differ : you can get this Dremora stick (sanguine rose or something) which you only need to refill with gems/souls really. If not mistaken, this stick is an external weapon and isn't linked to your conjuration aptitudes.
Obviously, Sanguine Rose is an awesome item! I was specifically talking about the best Conjuration Spell. If you want to complete the drunken quest and get Sanguine Rose, it does wield better results than Conjure Arniel's Shade. I doubt it is easy to gameplay into a sneak/archer build but anything can be done.

There are difference though:

1- You are not in control of which Dremora is summoned.

2- The Dremora can be defeated before the 60 seconds expire, Arniel cannot.

3- As an item, it has weight, takes space in the inventory and must be recharged constantly.

I prefer to wield a spell but that is entirely my choice. Sanguine Rose is unique and wielded strangely, it's quite awesome! The main point why I said Arniel's Shade was the most useful was specifically for the sneak/thief build: with Arniel's Shade, you are sure the minion will keep the enemy occupied for a whole minute.

It's more than enough time to finish him with arrow. Since you're good at conjuration already, let's conjure a bound bow! When Arniel Shades vanish, the enemy is either dead, about to die or you can sheathe the bound bow and cast a bound dagger while running at him for the finish!

1830-3-1322453443.jpg

Also, it can be dual-wielded with a weapon!
maxresdefault.jpg

^^^^^
I wasn't aware that it summons different Dremoras. And yes, sometimes the Dremora dies indeed. I'll have to check out that Arniel Shade thing.

Oh and I still haven't decided to whom I will bring the black star, following your recommendation last time...

Oh and BTW, you are correct that it isn't great to combine conjuration with a bow. Since the latter is a 2 hands weapon and you need one hand to conjure, it means that you constantly need to go through favorites when you want to use both. That's a major issue in the game IMO. Actually nothing combines well with the bow, lol.

I still think that he bow is the ultimate weapon in Skyrim, though, but that's just like you know, my opinion, man.

Oh and BTW, you are correct that it isn't great to combine conjuration with a bow. Since the latter is a 2 hands weapon and you need one hand to conjure, it means that you constantly need to go through favorites when you want to use both. That's a major issue in the game IMO. Actually nothing combines well with the bow, lol.

I still think that he bow is the ultimate weapon in Skyrim, though, but that's just like you know, my opinion, man.
I tend to agree. I was once a celebrated archer, enchanting and smithing bows to soothe every need but when I learned the secrets of conjuration, I left all that behind. I prefer the Conjure Bound Weapons spell: with the Ordinator: perks of Skyrim mod, bound weapons are really strong.

The two-hand problem can be alleviated by using the quick access keys, for example. On PC, you can tag 1 to 8 as fast access. If you tag your bow, you only need to press the fast access key to draw or sheathe it. So there is no "pause" like when you use Favorites. It takes a little getting used to but when you start implementing a specific strategy, you can tag all your chain together! For example, for my latest build, Linelle. As a werewolf, she favors the claws but when she's in human form, she is hungry. She only use a knife and fork. On Legendary of course!

So here is my quick access chain:

1. Bound Bow
2. Bound Sword
3. Ironskin
4. Close Wound
5. Conjure Familiar / Flaming Familiar
6. Etheral Fury
7. Slow Time
8. Fus

Bound Bow when the enemy is far. If he gets closer, I will summon a minion to keep him occupied. Nothing fancy for Linelle: Conjure Familiar. While the enemy is distracted, I will buff and prepare for battle. This is the last time I will use pause, I want the battle to flow. I will either turn into a werewolf (easy fight) or make things difficult. I will cast bound sword to deliver a minimum of damage amd combine it with close wounds and shouts. Or, the tactic I prefer:

If I want to go fast, I will equip my fork and knife alone! Etheral Fury is my first shout, enemies are let completely stun by the speed of my dual wield. I take much damage but I survive until I'm ready to shout again! This time, Slow Time.

I will heal and rebuff, then use the rest of time to finish my foes. If something is still standing, I will start the chain back at Conjure Familiar!

I rarely die but I still do, because I only inflict minimal damage at an incredibly fast rate! It's fun, I swear it is!

^^^
Well I play Skyrim on my shitty PS3 :-(

BTW I don't think I have ever seen someone who knows a game better than you.

Do you also like specific landscapes, areas and places in Skyrim ? Not from a gameplay pow but really just that you like walking around the area ? What are those places if so ?

Back