Skyrim Special Edition

^^^
Well I play Skyrim on my shitty PS3 :-(

BTW I don't think I have ever seen someone who knows a game better than you.

Do you also like specific landscapes, areas and places in Skyrim ? Not from a gameplay pow but really just that you like walking around the area ? What are those places if so ?
I do, but I put most of my time into gameplay and builds. I follow a lot of Skyrim Youtube channels, one of them is really great on specific landscapes. He has a serie called "curating curious curiosity" which takes you around to speculate on special things found throughout the holds.

Give it a watch, it's long but interesting and the images are great.

I finally introduced dragons to Loki's adventures and the game sucks now. On the bright side my manor is spotless and organized like only one with hardcore OCD can.

Last edited:
I finally introduced dragons to Loki's adventures and the game sucks now. On the bright side my manor is spotless and organized like only one with hardcore OCD can.
Why does it suck? Are the Dragons too hard to defeat? Are there too many of them? Is it too long to bring them down? I have so much fun fighting Dragons: the strategy must be adapted to every tiny situation.

The worst things about Dragons is when they engage and fly away. I feel so compelled to follow that I end up angering 20 other enemies while chasing the Dragon.

Now THAT'S the epic feast I was waiting for: 20 bodies to eat and one Dragon for dessert. Weapons? Fork and knife, of course...

Well, it doesn't really suck. I just had to adjust my playing style to suit dragon slaying. Loki's taken a liking to hunting for pelts, tusks, antlers and sabre cat teeth which has improved his archery significantly.

I've used my last three level ups to increase arrow damage, slow down time as i zoom in and increase chances of a critical hit with an arrow. Paired that with a bow that does a decent amount of fire damage along with some gloves that improve arrow damage as well and well...Loki can bring dragons to their knees before he guts them and camps inside their carcass for a couple hours.

Loki now picks enemies off from afar with his bow and arrows while closing the distance only to bust out with his elemental fury when the fights come to close combat.

I am slightly sad that you cannot dismantle anything you add to your manor. Having an alchemy table in the main hall when I have an alchemy wing bothers me. I LOVE having so many shrines in my cellar though. Being able to trek home and cleanse myself from any ailments in my travels is clutch. I've also taken up book collecting and my library is starting to look like Loki actually reads. I've got an armor set next to my enchanting table that's full of enchanting perks. Would like to have a similar set next to my alchemy table specifically for enchanting, but no mannequin. So they get stored in a dresser near the table. Folded professionally because Loki once worked at an Abercrombie & Fitch in his time travelling past as a full on god.

So I have officially burnt out of skyrim right now

I been playing Shadow of Mordor and Xenoverse 2 the past couple weeks

Wanted to let you guys know incase you were following my adventures. I finished with around 130-150 hours played through 3 characters. I'll probably end up going back at some point I just dont know when

I do, but I put most of my time into gameplay and builds. I follow a lot of Skyrim Youtube channels, one of them is really great on specific landscapes. He has a serie called "curating curious curiosity" which takes you around to speculate on special things found throughout the holds.

Give it a watch, it's long but interesting and the images are great.

BTW I followed your advice and got the Black Star (the one where you get to store black souls). I've been wondering how to use it though and I'm too lazy to search the webz.

Now I am going to finish all the quest backlog in the start menu and I'm off to building my house. That's going to be awesome.

So I have officially burnt out of skyrim right now

I been playing Shadow of Mordor and Xenoverse 2 the past couple weeks

Wanted to let you guys know incase you were following my adventures. I finished with around 130-150 hours played through 3 characters. I'll probably end up going back at some point I just dont know when
I get burned out too, but I always come back when I feel better! Shadow of Mordor is great but it takes time to get the urge to replay, too! Have you seen the trailer for Shadow of War?
I can't wait for that game! I loved Shadow of Mordor, even if the replay factor was low. I don't care for a game like this: I want to explore everything under 100 hours. I did and was ecstatic! Celebrimbor, I will avenge your memory!

https://www.shadowofwar.com/

9MgPBsi4TXEf8HzzAPhWDK-480-80.jpg

As for Xenoverse, I have heard good things. Care to provide your own impressions? I might try it. Last thing: always keep your stories coming. This thread is here for that, we are all big fans of Skyrim!

BTW I followed your advice and got the Black Star (the one where you get to store black souls). I've been wondering how to use it though and I'm too lazy to search the webz.

Now I am going to finish all the quest backlog in the start menu and I'm off to building my house. That's going to be awesome.
Black Star is really not complicated. You must have it in your inventory. You must cast "soul trap" on your enemy before he dies (preferably a humanoid for a dark soul). The soul will be absorbed by the Black Star. If you have done everything right, you will see the item change: it will become Black Star (1). That means you have a soul in there.

Just go to an enchanting table and enchant an item. In the "soul gem" menu of the table, Black Star should be available. Using it will remove the soul and you are ready to go harvest another soul.

latest

Quick note: if you have another black soul gem in your inventory, it might absorb the soul instead of the Black Star. I found that the Black Star most often takes precedence but I have seen exceptions. To test the Black Star properly, bring it alone, with no other black soul gem in your inventory.

Be sure to carry all other soul gems though: you wouldn't want the Black Star to absorb the petty soul of a mudcrab before reaching a humanoid...

Last edited:
I get burned out too, but I always come back when I feel better! Shadow of Mordor is great but it takes time to get the urge to replay, too! Have you seen the trailer for Shadow of War?
As for Xenoverse, I have heard good things. Care to provide your own impressions? I might try it. Last thing: always keep your stories coming. This thread is here for that, we are all big fans of Skyrim!

Black Star is really not complicated. You must have it in your inventory. You must cast "soul trap" on your enemy before he dies (preferably a humanoid for a dark soul). The soul will be absorbed by the Black Star. If you have done everything right. You will see the item change: it will become Black Star (1). That means you have a soul in there.

Just go to an enchanting table and enchant an item. In the "soul gem" menu of the table, Black Star should be available. Using it will remove the soul and you are ready to go harvest another soul.

latest

Ok because I already catch animal souls with my bow that I enchanted (to be able to catch souls) and I usually use that to replenish my inventory in gems.

Can I use that very bow to kill the humans and catch their soul in the black star ?

Or do I need to go through the spell every time and I can kill them the way I want ?

Ok because I already catch animal souls with my bow that I enchanted (to be able to catch souls) and I usually use that to replenish my inventory in gems.

Can I use that very bow to kill the humans and catch their soul in the black star ?

Or do I need to go through the spell every time and I can kill them the way I want ?
Of course! As long as you have the empty Black Star in your inventory, an active soul trap spell / device (like your bow) and no other empty black soul gem, you are sure to absorb a dark soul into the Black Star.

By the way, I highly recommend the album Blackstar from the legendary David Bowie. My favorite album in the last 2 years, featuring my favorite guitarist of all time:
0270f05c6bd75477c4d814d640e8d.jpg

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guit...-blackstar-and-the-new-york-jazz-world-640300

david-bowie-blackstar.jpg

Of course! As long as you have the empty Black Star in your inventory, an active soul trap spell / device (like your bow) and no other empty black soul gem, you are sure to absorb a dark soul into the Black Star.

By the way, I highly recommend the album Blackstar from the legendary David Bowie. My favorite album in the last 2 years, featuring my favorite guitarist of all time:
0270f05c6bd75477c4d814d640e8d.jpg

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guit...-blackstar-and-the-new-york-jazz-world-640300

david-bowie-blackstar.jpg

Ha that's awesome, txs.

But come to think of it, I feel like I have killed humans with my bow since having the black star and nothing happened. But I am not sure. I'll give it a try soon.

What are the properties of a gem filled with a dark soul ? Better enchantments (and therefore more pricey enchanted goods to sell) I guess ?

Ha that's awesome, txs.

But come to think of it, I feel like I have killed humans with my bow since having the black star and nothing happened. But I am not sure. I'll give it a try soon.

What are the properties of a gem filled with a dark soul ? Better enchantments (and therefore more pricey enchanted goods to sell) I guess ?
Pretty much this. Let's say you put resist magic enchantment. With a greater gem, you'll get 6% resist. With any black soul gem filled with a dark soul (Black Star included), you would get 8%. So yeah, more pricey and more useful. 2% difference might seem small but over the course of a playthrough where you have absorbed 2% of all magic, it's a big number.

As for the exact reason the Black Star did not work, there are plenty. Maybe your bow's enchantment is depleted! Make sure the white line is filled like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

If it's empty, you need to refill it with a soul gem. Depending on your button configuration, it should be a button you use for something else too. If you have the default button config, you have a prompt on screen, don't worry.

If it's something else, try again: I'm sure it will work. I fill soul gems for breakfast when I need to upgrade my items. I bring the Black Star and a pocket full of black soul gems and I go raid a fort somewhere.

I favor legionnaires' souls but Stomrcloaks' are tasty, too!

Last hint. With "Apocalypse: magic of Skyrim" mod, there are two very useful spells to harvest souls. Ocato's recital and Soul Cloak make a wonderful pair! Ocato will cast 3 spells whenever you enter combat. I prefer a combo like "ebonyflesh, flame cloak, soul cloak. Soul Cloak automatically captures the souls of all enemies who die nearby for a short time. It's is perfect in combo with spells like "Fire Storm" where you can collect all nearby souls at once if you're powerful enough!

I always choose that combo when I go soul harvesting: it makes a short run very profitable!

Pretty much this. Let's say you put resist magic enchantment. With a greater gem, you'll get 6% resist. With any black soul gem filled with a dark soul (Black Star included), you would get 8%. So yeah, more pricey and more useful. 2% difference might seem small but over the course of a playthrough where you have absorbed 2% of all magic, it's a big number.

As for the exact reason the Black Star did not work, there are plenty. Maybe your bow's enchantment is depleted! Make sure the white line is filled like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

If it's empty, you need to refill it with a soul gem. Depending on your button configuration, it should be a button you use for something else too. If you have the default button config, you have a prompt on screen, don't worry.

If it's something else, try again: I'm sure it will work. I fill soul gems for breakfast when I need to upgrade my items. I bring the Black Star and a pocket full of black soul gems and I go raid a fort somewhere.

I favor legionnaires' souls but Stomrcloaks' are tasty, too!

Thanks dude, but just to clarify : I know perfectly how to refill my bow gems :) But yeah I tend to be lazy and not even bother. Then I get to the point where I used all my souls and need to purchase a filled gem just to refill my bow (which will then be used to refill empty gems, meh.).

But now I get it, and it's obvious : I think I just don't have any black gem in my inventory. The Black Star just enables me to catch a human / dark soul, but I still need to proper gems to store them.

It's going to get expensive I guess. Empty gems are already a major line item in my commercial/trading routine (need them for my bow), but black gems cost more than twice as much and are a scarce commodity.

I cannot explain the pure joy I'm getting out of my half dozenth play through any better than by simply saying: role play.

Around level 25 I finally had Loki visit the Greybeards and open up dragons to his world. They started off as a total pain in the arse, but as I allowed Loki to focus on improving his archery to cause some damage while the dragons hovered over head things started to fall back into Loki's favor. Loki is now one quest away from being boss hog of the Companions and has also earned the respect of the Dawnguard. He strictly uses war axes, a bow and has a single shield in his inventory for when he's out numbered and wants to run in and bash some fools. He's slowly building up his enchanting and alchemy and has accumulated quite the stash of booty.

His custom built from the ground up manor is awesome. His book collection continues to grow as does his wardrobe and armory.

I've fallen into a very pleasing routine with him. Boot up Skyrim, fast travel to a random location, adventure from there. Shortly before I call it quits for the night I head back to the manor to sort out the spoils of my travel. I then hit up a couple of merchants to sell whatever I don't want or need and then fast travel back to my manor once again to repeat the cycle the next time i boot it up. Which has become nearly every single night.

I cannot explain the pure joy I'm getting out of my half dozenth play through any better than by simply saying: role play.

Around level 25 I finally had Loki visit the Greybeards and open up dragons to his world. They started off as a total pain in the arse, but as I allowed Loki to focus on improving his archery to cause some damage while the dragons hovered over head things started to fall back into Loki's favor. Loki is now one quest away from being boss hog of the Companions and has also earned the respect of the Dawnguard. He strictly uses war axes, a bow and has a single shield in his inventory for when he's out numbered and wants to run in and bash some fools. He's slowly building up his enchanting and alchemy and has accumulated quite the stash of booty.

His custom built from the ground up manor is awesome. His book collection continues to grow as does his wardrobe and armory.

I've fallen into a very pleasing routine with him. Boot up Skyrim, fast travel to a random location, adventure from there. Shortly before I call it quits for the night I head back to the manor to sort out the spoils of my travel. I then hit up a couple of merchants to sell whatever I don't want or need and then fast travel back to my manor once again to repeat the cycle the next time i boot it up. Which has become nearly every single night.

I personally try to avoid fast travel.

I find it much more immersive that way and pursuant to role playing.

I use fast travel but you haven't lived if you haven't footed it from FALkreath to SOlitude

Fast travel is a vital part of my role playing style. For the most part I like each time I play to feel like an episode in the life of Loki the Nord Viking. Sometimes, when time is short, the episodes get put on hold for a 2 or 3 parter. But I enjoy a beginning and end to each time I play.

I personally try to avoid fast travel.

I find it much more immersive that way and pursuant to role playing.
While I entirely support that approach, I found Fallout to be better suited for a "no fast-travel" playthrough. If you're a thief and want to upgrade the guild merchants, it's quite a hassle to finish 5 missions in every city with no fast travel...

In Fallout 4, you can quickly get access to Vertibird travel by joinging BOS. You can do it by joining Railroad and raiding BOS, too! You can even teleport from the Institute if you want to destroy both the other factions. Vertibird travel is awesome when you enjoy the scenery while minigunning venturing foes...

IFdgG7kLtbByo.gif

So I guess nobody is playing Skyrim anymore. A shame because the Special Edition really looks stunning. I had the chance to play on my friend's gaming rig and it looked awesome, especially the God Rays and general lighting. Is anyone jumping on the new Bethesda game "Prey"? I'm not interested in shooting endless waves of enemies and the game looks like that to me.

Any more infos?

So I guess nobody is playing Skyrim anymore. A shame because the Special Edition really looks stunning. I had the chance to play on my friend's gaming rig and it looked awesome, especially the God Rays and general lighting. Is anyone jumping on the new Bethesda game "Prey"? I'm not interested in shooting endless waves of enemies and the game looks like that to me.

Any more infos?

Oh I am still playing. Now I need to bring some very valuable amulet to somebody form the thieves' guild and sell it to them.

I won't be playing much this season though. Skyrim ís a winter game for me so I don't play it during the warm months.

Back