Sitjaopho Muay Thai Camp

I'm in Phuket now also. Just arrived. Starting at Sinbi tomorrow.

if you don't mind, please report back on your experience at sinbi. photos and short videos of how the classes are would be great, just like you did for this last gym. i should be spending about a month there next year and want to see how the classes and training run. i'm also curious about who you enjoy taking private sessions with. thanks!

Last edited:

I really have no plan for Phuket. I'm currently at 96 Penang and loving it and want to stay here for the next week and a half, but a gymmate of mine convinced me to come down to Phuket. Planning on checking out Nongnapat, but perhaps I'll swing by Sinbi as well.

Awesome review, awesome gym, awesome food, awesome pics, awesome sak yant, awesome thread.

if you don't mind, please report back on your experience at sinbi. photos and short videos of how the classes are would be great, just like you did for this last gym. i should be spending about a month there next year and want to see how the classes and training run. i'm also curious about who you enjoy taking private sessions with. thanks!

At sinbi, I really like training with Met and Fhad but Bee and Beer got me pretty set for a fight so Id use any of the again.

With Bee, I had to be really clear with him that my 1 hour should be 1 hour, not showing up, then skipping and running before pads, I let him know Id be warmed up ready to go at the beginning of the hour.

most of the trainers seemed to expect me to be warmed up and ready to go, but I really had to hold Bee to it. He's a great guy and a great trainer, he brought my level up another notch...but he's lazy.

I really have no plan for Phuket. I'm currently at 96 Penang and loving it and want to stay here for the next week and a half, but a gymmate of mine convinced me to come down to Phuket. Planning on checking out Nongnapat, but perhaps I'll swing by Sinbi as well.

I was going to hit up 96 Penang on Wednesday, but I got lazy.

At sinbi, I really like training with Met and Fhad but Bee and Beer got me pretty set for a fight so Id use any of the again.

With Bee, I had to be really clear with him that my 1 hour should be 1 hour, not showing up, then skipping and running before pads, I let him know Id be warmed up ready to go at the beginning of the hour.

most of the trainers seemed to expect me to be warmed up and ready to go, but I really had to hold Bee to it. He's a great guy and a great trainer, he brought my level up another notch...but he's lazy.

interesting, i read a couple times that fhad is not recommended.

interesting, i read a couple times that fhad is not recommended.

Fhad is a pretty good trainer. He seems to care if you improve.

I mostly work with Met, Pot, or Yib. The rest of the trainers are too small to hold for me. Met is back in Bangkok now and Pot has a hurt hand so he can't hold for me. Looks like Yib will be my trainer for most of this trip...which is good. He was Sinbi's padman when he was fighting in K-1.

Fhad is a pretty good trainer. He seems to care if you improve.

I mostly work with Met, Pot, or Yib. The rest of the trainers are too small to hold for me. Met is back in Bangkok now and Pot has a hurt hand so he can't hold for me. Looks like Yib will be my trainer for most of this trip...which is good. He was Sinbi's padman when he was fighting in K-1.

Is Met gone for good? I only read good things about him.

great thread...would love to go back to Thailand sometime this year and check out other spots besides BKK.

He's a decent size for a Thai, so I wouldn't count Rawee out from pad holding for you. I've worked with him quite a bit over the last couple of years and he's been my favorite since.

He's a decent size for a Thai, so I wouldn't count Rawee out from pad holding for you. I've worked with him quite a bit over the last couple of years and he's been my favorite since.

yeah rawee is cool too.

I have good sparring with Em, but have never did pads with him.

Maybe it's just me, but he couldn't look less interested in holding pads. But if you wanna throw a bunch of jabs and rear knees, I guess he's your dude. Never sparred with him though.

Great read and videos. Thanks. :) Kinda hard to think about that is will be a long time before i go back. :(

Matt, any chance you can throw a map together for this place? Hua Hin is on the short list for my next trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back