Should the UFC cut the Flyweight Division

There are like <30 fighters on the roster. MM has beaten all contenders, and he is constantly breaking record lows. He is literally costing more money than he is generating.

How does it make economic sense for the UFC to continue a dead division
The card drew a respectable number relative to the competition(NHL/NBA playoffs). I see people arguing that since it was the lowest rated card ever that it didn't make any money. Numbers aren't binary, you fuckin' simpletons.

I don't care if he sells or not. That's the UFC's business not mine.

However, I also don't give two fucks about the 125 lb division. It's kind of like watching the Little League World Series or the Special Olympics. They're the best at what they do.... but they're still kids and retards.

The card drew a respectable number relative to the competition(NHL/NBA playoffs). I see people arguing that since it was the lowest rated card ever that it didn't make any money. Numbers aren't binary, you fuckin' simpletons.
Are you actually arguing that MM is a draw? Lol. Cut the division and force him to move up. What can he do about it? He can't move to Bellator since they are not going to open an boring,unprofitable division for a boring, unprofitable product.

Dana almost seem embarrassed of MM. UFC management couldn't care less about him anyway by the looks of it. They don't even wanna invest in new, additional belts for every subsequent fights.

I don't care if he sells or not. That's the UFC's business not mine.

However, I also don't give two fucks about the 125 lb division. It's kind of like watching the Little League World Series or the Special Olympics. They're the best at what they do.... but they're still kids and retards.
It's not really caring about whether they draw. But they take away card space from real(normal size) fighters, which fans can't ignore or skip.

On your second point, Exactly! It doesn't really count even if they are the best. A mediocre welterweight would kill everyone in that division - maybe even all at once.

It's not really caring about whether they draw. But they take away card space from real(normal size) fighters, which fans can't ignore or skip.

On your second point, Exactly! It doesn't really count even if they are the best. A mediocre welterweight would kill everyone in that division - maybe even all at once.

Yeah, I'd definitely have the higher weight classes filling those spots than the 125 lb division.

Problem is they have so many events and so many fighters on the roster that it's hard to keep up with... so you end up following the fighters/divisions that are most interesting and filtering out the rest. And the 125/135 divisions are the first that get filtered for me. There's almost nothing more boring that watching two unranked 125 lb'ers pitter patter each other for 15 minutes.

Yeah, I'd definitely have the higher weight classes filling those spots than the 125 lb division.

Problem is they have so many events and so many fighters on the roster that it's hard to keep up with... so you end up following the fighters/divisions that are most interesting and filtering out the rest. And the 125/135 divisions are the first that get filtered for me. There's almost nothing more boring that watching two unranked 125 lb'ers pitter patter each other for 15 minutes.
Once, I mistook my 10 year old Nephew's schoolyard fight for a FlyW title eliminator.

Are you actually arguing that MM is a draw? Lol. Cut the division and force him to move up. What can he do about it? He can't move to Bellator since they are not going to open an boring,unprofitable division for a boring, unprofitable product.

Dana almost seem embarrassed of MM. UFC management couldn't care less about him anyway by the looks of it. They don't even wanna invest in new, additional belts for every subsequent fights.
No, I'm calling you simple in your understanding of profitability. You see a headline and assume that since it was the lowest rated, the company must've been the red for that event. There's a word in the dictionary that you seem to lack and it's called "nuance". Look it up.

No, I'm calling you simple in your understanding of profitability. You see a headline and assume that since it was the lowest rated, the company must've been the red for that event. There's a word in the dictionary that you seem to lack and it's called "nuance". Look it up.
<YeahOKJen>
He raked in less than any other cards the same time last few years, and My point stands - he can't draw. It's not just the last card but previous cards he headlined. That's a fact no matter how you spin it.

<YeahOKJen>
He raked in less than any other cards the same time last few years, and My point stands - he can't draw. It's not just the last card but previous cards he headlined. That's a fact no matter how you spin it.
You really are simple, aren't you? Not once did I mention that he was a draw, you just have a myopic, black and white view of how things work. A person doesn't have to be a draw in the same vein of veritable draws(e.g. Ronda, GSP)for him to be a positive net gain for the company.

You really are simple, aren't you? Not once did I mention that he was a draw, you just have a myopic, black and white view of how things work. A person doesn't have to be a draw in the same vein of veritable draws(e.g. Ronda, GSP)for him to be a positive net gain for the company.
Wtf are you on about? My main point is that he doesn't draw, and yes, he may not actually "lose money" for the Org but it's definitely an opportunity cost. That in some definition IS losing money. Stop being so anal about the details and look at my main points about MM. he can't draw. He has a boring personality. He doesn't generate interest from the masses. No average size male is afraid of him. UFC Should cut FlyW cause merging it with BW creates a deeper division and a lot more compelling fights.

Here are some articles for your leisure. It kinda sums up my Argument.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/www.b...st-live-gate-for-vegas-based-ufc-ppv-11-years

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/www.m...-buys-worst-modern-era-johnson-bagautinov-mma

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/www.m...aving-ufc-186-main-event-doesnt-give-shit-mma

Wtf are you on about? My main point is that he doesn't draw, and yes, he may not actually "lose money" for the Org but it's definitely an opportunity cost. That in some definition IS losing money. Stop being so anal about the details and look at my main points about MM. he can't draw. He has a boring personality. He doesn't generate interest from the masses. No average size male is afraid of him. UFC Should cut FlyW cause merging it with BW creates a deeper division and a lot more compelling fights.

Here are some articles for your leisure. It kinda sums up my Argument.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/www.b...st-live-gate-for-vegas-based-ufc-ppv-11-years

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/www.m...-buys-worst-modern-era-johnson-bagautinov-mma

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/www.m...aving-ufc-186-main-event-doesnt-give-shit-mma
You do know that the UFC just made a new division that is even more barren than FLW, right? And this division is filled with fighters from 135. Why do you think that is?

You do know that the UFC just made a new division that is even more barren than FLW, right? And this division is filled with fighters from 135. Why do you think that is?
Dude, I probably feel more strongly for the UFC to cut WMMA FW than FlyW but it only has a single fight so far so it's not worth talking about.

Dude, I probably feel more strongly for the UFC to cut WMMA FW than FlyW but it only has a single fight so far so it's not worth talking about.
Put it simply, champions -- especially someone as dominant as DJ -- do a lot more for the company than they would otherwise.

Put it simply, champions -- especially someone as dominant as DJ -- do a lot more for the company than they would otherwise.
I don't disagree. He's done lot but he can probably do a lot more if he moves up. Flyw is a dead division.

We will probably never agree but you have your opinion and I have mine. No point arguing over the Internet over something so trivial.

A 16 man single night flyweight tournament held on a remote island would be kick ass

A 16 man single night flyweight tournament held on a remote island would be kick ass
That was like TUF. It has been done to death. Maybe Anthony Johnson vs 3 Top FlyW would be interesting

people are awfully concerned with the ufc's finances going into the flyweight division. it's alright bro, you LITERALLY have nothing invested.

When MMA fans start trying to become the UFC financial advisors and stop actually caring about the fights?

Those top 10 flyweights take away card space from the 200th ranked welterweights who people give even less of a fuck about. You are just another goof complaining for the sake of complaining because you lack the knowledge to contribute to a meaningful discussion.

Yea those top 10 flyweights take away card space from the 200th ranked welterweights who people give even less of a fuck about.
I could get seriously hurt by a 200th ranked welterweight. MM would need a ladder first. Not even kidding.

Back