Should the UFC cut the Flyweight Division

Why do you fantasize about getting your ass beat by pro-fighters?
What?! No I am saying that I respect mediocre WW cause they can actually hurt an Average Male while Top FlyW doesn't generate interest cause they can't even reach an average guy's head. Come on man, use some common sense. It's not that difficult.

What?! No I am saying that I respect mediocre WW cause they can actually hurt an Average Male while Top FlyW doesn't generate interest cause they can't even reach an average guy's head. Come on man, use some common sense. It's not that difficult.
You are the perfect candidate for stepping foot inside a gym and getting a reality check. You would quickly find out that all those years of playing Tekken didn't teach you how to fight.

Nah I really like the division tbh sure it is a little shallow now but it doesn't help when they drop/let go top contenders personally I think the HW and LHW division are more stale and shallower so if any division should be cut it's those two .

I think we should cut users for making this fucking thread constantly.
Small people exist, don't like it? Don't watch it.

You are the perfect candidate for stepping foot inside a gym and getting a reality check. You would quickly find out that all those years of playing Tekken didn't teach you how to fight.
I get what you are saying and I know I can come off as douchey here. But I am really just being honest. I am 6'3, 200 lbs.

I do train MMA in California and spar with a pro MMA BW before. I felt like I was wrestling a kid. It wasn't even fair. I don't think you understand how big the size difference is. One arm stretched out and he will be flailing his arms in the air embarrassingly. A clean punch could well take off his oversized head. Either ways, I don't like hurting child-size man.

I think we should cut users for making this fucking thread constantly.
Small people exist, don't like it? Don't watch it.
<JonesDXSuckIt>
That's my point. I can't skip live fights when it's riddled with FlyW. I pay good money to not have a 15 min intermission break on the main card.

Nah I really like the division tbh sure it is a little shallow now but it doesn't help when they drop/let go top contenders personally I think the HW and LHW division are more stale and shallower so if any division should be cut it's those two .
I wouldn't care if HW got cut since there's like only 10 fighters there. But at least they could really mess you up if they wanted too

I wouldn't care if HW got cut since there's like only 10 fighters there. But at least they could really mess you up if they wanted too
yeah the HW could put me in hospital but I watch fights not try and get into fights with professional fighters and I Personally prefer the lighter weight division , they are IMO more technical and faster paced

yeah the HW could put me in hospital but I watch fights not try and get into fights with professional fighters and I Personally prefer the lighter weight division , they are IMO more technical and faster paced
I don't disagree. A BW could srsly messed an average guy up too. My Favourite division is FW & LW. But FlyW just becomes too much or -too little- for me.

I get what you are saying and I know I can come off as douchey here. But I am really just being honest. I am 6'3, 200 lbs.

I do train MMA in California and spar with a pro MMA BW before. I felt like I was wrestling a kid. It wasn't even fair. I don't think you understand how big the size difference is. One arm stretched out and he will be flailing his arms in the air embarrassingly. A clean punch could well take off his oversized head. Either ways, I don't like hurting child-size man.
6'3 200 pounds and spar with a pro BW?

Sure you wanna go with that story?

One arm stretched out and he will be flailing his arms in the air embarrassingly.
Yea you sound totally legit.

I don't disagree. A BW could srsly messed an average guy up too. My Favourite division is FW & LW. But FlyW just becomes too much or -too little- for me.
lol

A BW could mess people up...but not guys who cut ten more pounds of water weight, most of which have already been successful at BW.

Last edited:
6'3 200 pounds and spar with a pro BW?

Sure you wanna go with that story?

Yea you sound totally legit.
What?! Why not, he's a pro fighter? Not real sparring but more like rolling.

Dude just because you don't do jack in your life doesn't mean others don't. Stop being so sore.

Yes. It's a waste of time. If they aren't even good enough to beat a 135lb man, then why should we even care?

Even 135lbers get stomped by the rest of the roster.

When people say WMMA sucks (which it does), it's because they're watching an inferior product. 125lbs is the same.

There are bum WWs that would wreck them. Why should we care about guys who lose to thousands of normal sized humans?

One of the main reasons I come to Sherdog is to remind myself that dumb fucks like this actually walk among us every day

"A BW could mess people up...but not guys who cut ten more pounds of water weight, most of which have already been successful at BW."

Stop trying to be a wise ass and get technical with my words. CoGar is 5"7 and has 4 inches on MM. I have no doubt that he can KO me.

And you just agreed with my original point dumbass. Why not just joined FlyW and BW then if there's no difference.

What?! Why not, he's a pro fighter? Not real sparring but more like rolling.

Dude just because you don't do jack in your life doesn't mean others don't. Stop being so sore.
You sure this "pro" you rolled with wasn't actually a little kid?

Just for perspective, here is a roidmonster HW grappling with a BW.

There are like <30 fighters on the roster. MM has beaten all contenders, and he is constantly breaking record lows. He is literally costing more money than he is generating.

How does it make economic sense for the UFC to continue a dead division
How do you know the expenses and revenue from the flyweight division in the UFC, and why do you care?

We
What?! No I am saying respect mediocre WW cause they can actually hurt an Average Male while Top FlyW doesn't generate interest cause they can't even reach an average guy's head. Come on man, use some common sense. It's not that difficult.

We have a very small dude in our BJJ academy that we always pair up with dumbasses like you with attitudes such as yours. We never see them again. They probably join sherdog and bitch about manlets all day

You sure this "pro" you rolled with wasn't actually a little kid?

Just for perspective, here is a juiced out pro HW grappling with a BW.

You know what? You probably are right. I can't tell the difference between the lower weight class and children since most of them look the same.

And holy shit dude, you can't take one example and assume it is constant for every other situation. Didn't you go through HS Science. you can cry foul all you want but the size difference is real...

Back