Should the NFL be required to place Colin Kapernick on a team?

Colin Kapernick should play in Canada...apologizing is their national pastime.

I know this is a troll thread made by a troll but I just want to come and shit on his QB skills

He's not a scramble and run QB like Wilson or Rodgers, he only has the ability to look at one maybe two reads and if they aren't open he'll just run

If you follow his eyes he usually knows which receiver is the only one he'll pass too and if he's not open he runs

He's not really a QB, just a runner who can throw someone if he's told who to pass to and they're wide open

Jay Cutler already knows the Dolphins system. That's why he got that job over Kaep.

Proving collusion is next to impossible without a whistleblower on the owners' side, which isn't going to happen.

No doubt his activism has hurt him. Ravens confirmed as much because their coaching/personnel departments were clearly interested in bringing him on, but the owners stepped in and said no. Heard something this morning where Kaep hasn't even talked to the union about it. I figured they'd be all over this.

Collusion would be implssible because there is none.

At his best NOW (not 5 years ago) he is a 1 read running QB. Without a dominant defense and a dominant run game he can't run a successful team. At his worst he is a solid backup.

He left 12 million on the table, and the rumor he is looking for starting money is supported by that.

So how many teams need a starting quarterback? How many teams are built for him to do well with a good defense and good run game? How many teams have 12mil+ per year for a running QB who is approaching 30 and regressing?

Let's not forget that his best two opportunities were sabotaged by his own hand. He was probably going to get picked up by Baltimore, which would have been ideal, and even when Flacco returned he would have had an honest chance to be a starter at some point. But his GF fucked that up by tweeting a picture that compared Ray Lewis (Baltimore GOD) and Steve Bisciotti (spelling) the owner to a slave and a master. And he fucked himself out of Miami by repping Castro and then lying about it. Plus they pulled Cutler who knows the system for 10 mil, which is 2 less than 12 mil.

So minus those 2 teams, how many teams NEED an expensive backup tier QB? Now add in his protest BS. It's simple. But if he were good enough, he'd be back in the league by now. Race has nothing to do with it. If McNabb in his prime did this, he would still have half the league throwing contracts at him because he was that good. If Cam did this he'd still have half of the league throwing contracts at him.

Kaep is just not good enough for a team to carry his baggage. For the 6-7 teams (maybe) that would even sign him, there is no need to collude. He eliminates himself from the conversation on his own merits.

All that aside, if he lowers his asking price and if another QB or 2 gets injured, he'll probably land a job.

It's not a race issue. It's an ideological issue and, frankly, if the NFL teams think that the ideological issue isn't outweighed by football talent sufficiently to offset the monetary component then they're right not to hire him.

I find it hard to believe he can't land a job because some of the back ups out there are terrible. But I realize that's only part of the conversation.

Here is him not even looking at wide open players because it's not the one or two predesignated ones

If he can't even do that, do you think he even knows how to read a defense and adjust on the opponent formation?

ibLjjXNkux5jc.gif

kapwat.0.gif

No. Whether or not you support Colin either for his stance or for the notion that athletes should be allowed to use their platform for politics NFL teams are private companies and can hire who they want. Don't like it? We as consumers can boycott the product at which point they can weigh the cost/benefit ratio and determine if they want him or not

I know exactly what i am talking about. I asked to keep it civil but clearly your simple right wing mind is unable to discuss a topic without trying to degrade others, as if that somehow makes your point more true. I figured there would be a thread but saw nothing 4 pages in.

You said Kap was a "top young qb"

You do NOT know what you are talking about.

Andrew Luck is a top young QB.

Winston, CARR, Dalton. Those are top young QB's.

Kap is athletic and fast for a qb, that's it.

This is clearly a troll job to serve as a straw man for the board's pro-discrimination/anti-snowflake brigade.

Not required but he's still a good player. Kapernick's protest was just. anyone who can't understand why he refused to stand is a simpleton.

Also his girlfriend is beautiful.
Nessa%20Diab%20Crop.jpg

5fd5aec5a642d66aec406a0074743e2b.jpg

It is clearly a race issue
Is it?
Here I was, thinking it was because he refused to stand for the national anthem.
In a more civilized country, this guy would be executed for treason. Or sent to a nice gulag.

The NFL is receiving a tremendous amount of backlash for Colin Kapernick being unable to find a job with a team. It is clearly a race issue and protests are being planned for the new season.

Clearly to whom?

So should someone at this point step in and force them to find a team for Kap to play on? Discrimination is illegal in this country, so clearly the NFL is in violation of those laws.

No. If they do this for him I want them to do the same for all of the white basketball players who don't make it in the NBA. Since you know . . . it's clearly discrimination.

I know a lot of you will fly off the handle, but the bottom line is that his activism has hurt him. Dont tell me Jay Cutler gets hired over him if owners were simply looking at skill. Kap is one of the top young qb's in the game and his not being on a team is ridiculous and stems from one thing.....racism.

He's free to express himself however he likes . . . he just has to deal with the circumstances. If he was as good as you claim he would've already been signed. Players have driven drunk and killed people . . . get off and then play again in the NFL.

So what say you Sherdog? Should they find him a team?

And I know this is hard, but please keep this civil l. Lets just focus on the issue of race and how that has clearly cost him work. No need to get personal in the discussion like those on the right like to do.

EDIT- can a mod edit the title please? I left the "e" out of Kaepernick

You want to focus on his abilities as the reason he should be signed, but pull the race card as the reason he hasn't been signed? Pick one . . . he could be unsigned for many reasons.

The NFL is receiving a tremendous amount of backlash for Colin Kapernick being unable to find a job with a team. It is clearly a race issue...

It's a race issue for CK. For the teams in the NFL it's an issue of a guy who disrupts the team by pushing his personal political agenda while at work.

GTFO...he's simply not good enough to be a starting QB...if he was actually good enough, he could be black and hate the U.S. all he wanted and it wouldn't matter...

Nope, private business can do what it wants. Said the same thing for Google firing that guy writing the letter, even though I disagree. Can't force owners to do anything, this can lead to a dark road. Government forcing business owners to do something is never good.

Not required but he's still a good player. Kapernick's protest was just. anyone who can't understand why he refused to stand is a simpleton.

Also his girlfriend is beautiful.
Nessa%20Diab%20Crop.jpg

5fd5aec5a642d66aec406a0074743e2b.jpg
Loling hard at "beautiful". Ya if you're into a caked face with makeup and photo shop filters.

Ugly inside and out, yuck!

Last edited:
I like his talent but he and his girlfriend are a PR nightmare.

I saw his girlfriend tweeting racist stuff about the ravens owner and Ray Lewis recently.

OT but wtf was that about? Nothing quite like asking a murderer for advice on personality fit of another player.

Bet TS is all for some far right person getting fired for making some dumb statement off the job. Quoting freespeach doesn't mean free from repercussions.

He did shit on the job, repercussions.

Back