Should Leon & Islam move up?

User9992

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Should Leon & Islam move up?

Both Leon Edwards & Islam Makhachev showed their aspirations to move up to become a double champs

Islam is at least the P4P #1 so it's worth considering, but moving up without beating Dariush, Gaethje, Gamrot, or Tsarukyan seems pretty BS to me. IMO he should beat 2 of them and then he will be deserving of a double champ attempt

Islam is at least the P4P #1 so it's worth considering, but moving up without beating Dariush, Gaethje, Gamrot, or Tsarukyan seems pretty BS to me. IMO he should beat 2 of them and then he will be deserving of a double champ attempt
He did 30-27 Tsarukyan. Gaethje is fine but he's had 2 title shots and got choked out in both in less than 10 minutes total between the 2 fights. Dariush just lost his last fight and I think we all know if he rolled through Gamrot, everyone would say it wasn't that great of a win.

No idea who's clamoring for Leon Scott to move up. Landing 1 head kick with less than a minute on the clock doesn't erase only finishing 3 of his other 15 ufc fights.

None of them has any business jumping the line and fighting for the title directly at a higher weight class. They have not cleared their divisions, one has zero defences against a ranked fighter in his own weight class.
If they want to move up, that’s ok. Then just vacate and start climbing the rankings in the next weight class.

No they should defend their titles. There are plenty of contenders they haven't fought in their divisions. After they defend a couple times sure have at it.

Nope. Both guys have a bunch of legit contenders and future contenders in their respective divisions.

You should need at least 3 title defenses against 3 unique opponents before the UFC even considers allowing guys to move up to try to become champ champs.

If Leon beats Colby and Shavkat, sure. I think we all know Leon destroys Belal.

I'd rather see Islam fight Edwards/Colby at WW than any of the sacrificial lambs at LW who really only have a punchers chance against him.

Should be a thing only if a division is absolutely cleaned out. Islam hasn't even defended against a lightweight yet. If he wants to move up because the cut is getting to be too much, then vacate. As much as we all love a champ-champ, if they all start trying it, we're tying divisions up for years at a time.

He did 30-27 Tsarukyan. Gaethje is fine but he's had 2 title shots and got choked out in both in less than 10 minutes total between the 2 fights. Dariush just lost his last fight and I think we all know if he rolled through Gamrot, everyone would say it wasn't that great of a win.

Fair yeah I did forget, but that was baby 23y/o Tsarukyan on short notice, we should get to see him take a crack at it with 4+ years more training and a full camp. As for the other guys, maybe they shouldn't be needed - but Islam's resume wouldn't be in such dire need of diversity if they didn't make two of his three title fights be against the same guy. Gamrot totally should've gotten the shot over Volk and we need to pray that they don't give another title shot to Oliveira because an Oliveira-Volk-Volk-Oliveira title reign would be the lamest thing ever

Last edited:

No idea who's clamoring for Leon Scott to move up. Landing 1 head kick with less than a minute on the clock doesn't erase only finishing 3 of his other 15 ufc fights.

"He did 30-27 Tsarukyan" lol what a bum response, you're at it again making the forum a dimmer place. The first two rounds were very close, a judge did give Arman a round. Also Arman was 23 and took the fight on like 10 days notice for a UFC contract in his debut. "ISLAM DID 30-27 ARMAN" well that settles it, you're brilliant.

They should both follow their dreams of wining a belt a weightclass up and both should vacate their belt if they wish to do it now.

People hate seeing Islam even try for success lmao. I love fun fights and Islam vs Edwards/Colby is an amazing fight. Islam beats everyone at LW with ease.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back