Media Islam Makhachev Says He Was OFFERED Leon Edwards UFC 300 But Turned It Down - Says Poirier IS Next

Black9

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
-Islam Makhachev says he was offered Leon Edwards but couldn't take it due to Ramadan UFC 300, wanted UFC to push it back 2 weeks he would take it
-Says Poirier is next cause he's the 'only one available" and wants to fight ASAP
-Says Chandler should Lose More so Mcgregor can be more confident
-Says Justin vs Max is a "useless fight for useless belt"

Last edited:
In November he says he won't fight until March. https://www.thescore.com/mma/news/2755240

Ramadan is March - April.

He needs time off after Ramadan.

Now in March he claims he wants a fight asap. He could have booked a fight in March, a few months ago. But he didn't.

I feel like this is a rinse-repeat every year. He and Khamzat keep saying they want to fight a lot, but keep not fighting a lot.

I really doubt he's willing to fight Edwards. Islam is about the same size as Colby and got finished by Adriano.

Islam Makhachev says he was offered Leon Edwards but couldn't take it due to Ramadan
Says Poirier is next cause he's the 'only one available" and wants to fight ASAP

Dana: Listen, I know you're not really eating in the lead up to 300, so how about moving up a weight class?

<Varys01><23>

Some of the fights that the UFC fighters have announced that they were offered leading up to UFC 300 are possibly the stupidest fights that could been offered...

They even tried to make Edwards vs Khamzat, FFS, Khamzat proved he cannot do 170 and nearly crippled a PPV because of it...

... and they still offered it.

Confirmed: they're stupid.

Islam clearly tries to pick money fights. Ramadan is such a bullshit excuse since they eat massive meals twice a day anyway and call it "fasting".

That's a trend with fighters from this area. For how big they talk about taking on everyone and being fearless, they pull out more often than not and pick and choose more often than not.

Poirier gets finished by Gaethje and Oliveira, but somehow gets to slide past both.

Timing matters in this sport, he's a huge name and had a big time win. Justin should get the first offer but two months after 300 I doubt he accepts so its gonna go to Dustin.

lol yeah ok..he's definitely ducking the guy who he already destroyed /sarcasm
Just like DC destroyed Stipe and Usman destroyed Leon? Charles has still stayed at the top and should be next. Dustin just got knocked the fuck out 1 fight prior. Beating some hype job shouldn't jump the line of deserving contenders. Islam rather fight some FWs and sauciers.

Yeah, we'll see what the Oliveira/Arman winner thinks. Hopefully no later than June!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back