Media Islam Makhachev Says He Was OFFERED Leon Edwards UFC 300 But Turned It Down - Says Poirier IS Next

New challenges = lesser opponents? Islam needs to go up 2-0 over Charles to cement his legacy. Charles is beating all the guys Islam should have been defending against, while Islam is craving to fight some FWs and hot sauciers. DC, Usman, and many more examples show the first fight going vastly different than the next 2. Should Matt Serra have ducked GSP for the rest of his career bc of some stupid ass weak loser mentality like this take by you?

<DisgustingHHH>

tl/dr

Just like DC destroyed Stipe and Usman destroyed Leon? Charles has still stayed at the top and should be next. Dustin just got knocked the fuck out 1 fight prior. Beating some hype job shouldn't jump the line of deserving contenders. Islam rather fight some FWs and sauciers.
It's not likes Charles won 10 straight since he lost.

In November he says he won't fight until March. https://www.thescore.com/mma/news/2755240

Ramadan is March - April.

He needs time off after Ramadan.

Now in March he claims he wants a fight asap. He could have booked a fight in March, a few months ago. But he didn't.

I feel like this is a rinse-repeat every year. He and Khamzat keep saying they want to fight a lot, but keep not fighting a lot.
Ramadan privilege is a real thing.

Just imagine the uproar if any other fighter, like a Christian or Buddhist, refusing to fight because of some up coming religious holliday.

based on what? Poirier lasted much longer against Charles and Khabib.
Longer. But not better. Definitely not better. Gaethje actually put khabib on the clock. Khabib finished gaethje in a hurry because gaethje did not give him space. I think Justin did better than anyone to fight khabib.

UFC is not an islamic organization.
FC9zmo7XEAMivoo.jpg

It's not likes Charles won 10 straight since he lost.
Or the other 10 straight he had before that one loss. Charles should be fighting for the belt right now. With Arman next to fight winner of Charles/Islam.

They should cancel the "BMF" nonsense between Justin and Max and have Justin fight Islam and Max fight Topuria. Having Dustin fight Islam when he just got KOed brutally by Justin is beyond silly.
With that said, I have little confidence either one of them has much of a chance against Islam, but I have less desire to watch Dustin inevitably jump a guillotine and get subbed than I do watching Justin potentially using his nasty leg kicks to great effect and perhaps catching Islam with something before getting taken down and subbed.
It's early AF here and I'm in dire need of caffeine asap, so my sincerest of apologiess if that jumbled cluster of words above makes no sense whatsoever.
TLDR: Justin vs Islam. Max vs Topuria. BOOK IT ya Bald Goof!

In November he says he won't fight until March. https://www.thescore.com/mma/news/2755240

Ramadan is March - April.

He needs time off after Ramadan.

Now in March he claims he wants a fight asap. He could have booked a fight in March, a few months ago. But he didn't.

I feel like this is a rinse-repeat every year. He and Khamzat keep saying they want to fight a lot, but keep not fighting a lot.
Agreed. He last fought in October for less than 1 round. Could easily have fought at 298 or 299 but didn't. Then waits until all the top contenders are already booked and picks the easiest possible matchup. Will be at least 8 months between fights since he isn't booked for 300 or 301, so won't fight until at least June. I've been complaining about his inactivity for some time. The only current champion with a longer wait between defenses is Jon Jones who is injured. Islam is perfectly healthy and sitting out for at least 8 months.

Agreed. He last fought in October for less than 1 round. Could easily have fought at 298 or 299 but didn't. Then waits until all the top contenders are already booked and picks the easiest possible matchup. Will be at least 8 months between fights since he isn't booked for 300 or 301, so won't fight until at least June. I've been complaining about his inactivity for some time. The only current champion with a longer wait between defenses is Jon Jones who is injured. Islam is perfectly healthy and sitting out for at least 8 months.
I get that he's least deserving resume wise currently, but I honestly don't get how everyone keeps pushing Poirier is the easiest matchup of the four contenders.

Gaethje has wrestling, but 0 ground game even less than Poirier, Oliviera got blasted in 2 rounds in a somewhat easy fight, Arman i'd say is the toughest matchup.

Belal trained during Ramadan and fought.

Regardless, edwards would KO him or cruz to an easy Dec.

Back